home

Author Topic: Empire 8th Edition - Pictures  (Read 70367 times)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Empire 8th Edition - Pictures
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
The old picture source broke down.

NEW PICTURES ON PAGE 6 OF THIS THREAD http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=41483.125
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:37:51 PM by Victor »

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Empire 8th Edition - Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
I like most of it  :happy:

The Griffon looks BUFF!

The Witchhunter IS NEW!

The Marksu guy looks like a ....hunter special character?!

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »
Some cool stuff there, I like the artwork on the book.

Can't say I am sold on the griffon or the wizardmobiles, but the single characters and the war altar look pretty nice.

Still deciding what I think about the demigriff knights, but they dont look as bad as I had expected them to look.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Lord Pensax

• Members
  • Back to the painting table after a two year break.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
Wow this really is Empire: Angry Birds Edition.

I rather like it all...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »
Witch Hunter....WITH BRACE OF PISTOLS!!!!!!

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »
 :eusa_clap:

Love the cover art.
And most things look quite decent.
Even the chicken cav. And the altars aren't the monstrosities I feared. Looks like chariot bases :)

EDIT: The lascannon actually makes me smile.
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
One more thing I realized... You can kitbash the new altar horses with the demigriffs to get new knights if you really want to fork out the cash.

Either that or just get the new perry knights when they come out in late April  :engel:
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline anvalous

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
So exciting... soooo exciting... SOOOO EXCITING!!!!

Offline Slavik

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:34 PM »
Wow finally  :Ohmy:, I'm not that shocked as I thought I would be, except for the luminark....  But the hero models all look nice, griffons look nice, War Altar was kept true to the past one, even the demigryph knights are better looking than the forgeworld one. The Captain below is really badass. This actually restored my hopes a bit.  Thanks for posting!

Edit: While I took a second look at  demigryphs, I noticed that the armor on their heads makes them look like roosters and now I can't unsee it...
well it's better than a chickenlook I guess, still doesn't change the fact that the KNIGHTS themselves look preeetty nice
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:36:35 PM by Slavik »
The reason for my uniform being a slightly different color to yours is never explained.

Offline dublindawg

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »
I'm liking the look of those demigriffins.  But only coming in boxes of 3 will make it cost prohibited to me fielding a large unit of them.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
Demigriffins are looking good IMO but I think the actual Monstrous Griffin is way too wide in the chest, puffed up rooster there. Maybe it's just the paintjob(s) but I doubt it.

Plastic character kits look good though I'd like to see all the options.

I'm not too impressed with the War Altar though I'm liking the Lens-Cannon on principle. Will you be able to build all 3 with just 1 kit? That would be loads of nice extra bitz.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Azyr

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46:40 PM »

That is all  :biggriin:
Games in 2013 = 3
WHFB - 0/0/1
40k - 0/2/0

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
I WANT!

That's the best griffon model I've seen yet by far (If I don't bother with the two headed option), and the demigriffs look nice to me too. Only thing that wold keep me from getting them is sadly, the price.

The characters look good. I like the lascannon, but not really sure about the altar itself. I may go ahead with my scratchbuilt one. I may get one for parts though...

Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Garthas

• Members

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
Overall the models are not as bad as I had feared with "storm of magic" in mind. I love that every kit provides so many options.

The Griffon does not look as bad as I though it would, however his head is too small in comparison to the body.  :-(

The war altar and the 2 magic carts are goofy. From what I see they have lot's of lovely parts and bits and the characters look great, but as a whole model they look goofy. Shoping carts in hardware stores are bigger than those. Expanding 10m in the air, doesn't make up for such a small base area.

The characters on foot look nice for the most part ... I hope they mark the end of the ill proportioned cartoon models GW unleached in the 7th edition (Ludwig Schwarzhelm, the captains on foot, warrior priest with 2 handed hammer and absolutely worst of all Marius Leitdorf). The Witchhunter really stands out though.

The Gryphon knights also look better than expected, but that's not saying much. They are not bad models per se, but don't really fit in the empire the way that I see it. Lot's of lovely bits though .. hmm.

The empire seems to change quite a bit again. I hope that those releases don't also translate towards the rules (again), where in order to have a competitive army you have to use big monsters and all the Magic/Religious gimmicks. What made the empire interesting for me in the first place was, that it contrasted other armies by not having all the fancy fantasy stuff, or at least not as much, but instead relying on steel and courage to overcome the enemies. I liked the empire best in the 6th edition, but those days are not coming back it seems  :-(. At least I save money ...

Offline jaggedjimmyj

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
Notice the sculptors of the engineer and the captain?
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »
Notice the sculptors of the engineer and the captain?

Oh .. the Perrys. I'm a big fan of their previous empire models, but those 2 models are not so great. The close up of the captains 2nd headoption looks great though.

Oh by the way ... the armybook cover looks horrible. A bum on the cover sure makes me wonna buy the book ...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:18:09 PM by Victor »

Offline mariettabrit

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
I can see the new cav running with a nice big KFC banner.... Karl Franz Chickens...
:)

Offline Rommel44

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
At a first glance, my thoughts are:

*Griffon model look pretty good, but the head might seem a bit small but it could just be the angle of the picture. However hopefully they upgraded its stats because if those remain the same then as they are in the current book, then I might not take this guy, maybe a general on a Demi-Gryphon?

*Demi-Gryphon riders actually look a lot better then I thought they would, and I am very tempted to try a unit of these guys out to see what they can do, only downside is that I might have to get rid of my regular I.C. Knights on horses :dry:. Unless of course the Demi-Gryphon Knights (though the look awesome) arent as effective as most people think.

*War-Altar model and Warrior Priests look great, and the new Wizard platforms look like interesting choices, especially the Light one. Undead hordes, prepare to be burnt to a crisp :biggriin:.

Overall, most of the models look awesome and I cant wait to get my hands on the new book, however I'm still wondering how/if our State Troops have changed in anyway in terms of point cost and such, as well as if they affected our War-Machines and where standard I.C. Knights on horses will still have a place in the army.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:55:07 PM by Rommel44 »

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
I love it all, well maybe not the wizard mobiles so much. The Altar looks so much better than the old one. I like how big and powerful the Gryphon looks, but the head is just a bit too small in proportion to the body. The Demi-Grifs look perfect. Just what I was hoping to see. The horses on the War Altar give us hope for what a future Knight kit could look like though.

Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »
ARCHIMEDES MIRROR! I WAS GOING TO CONVERT ONE! NOW I CAN JUST BUY IT! GIVE ME IT! GIVE ME IT NOW! NOW! NOW!

Also, I am digging that new Gryphon with the large chest - gotta have big muscles to fly something that size! AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!!!

(Insert your own joke about liking a bird with a big chest and bit of cougar in her here . . . )
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Ivimotorola

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
I feel differents things, on one hand i like very much the models, a big models like Griffon and semigriffon! And the captain of the empire it is just amazing! But on the other hand I 'm not sure with the models, I think that the semigriffon knights could be greater. For example, the griffon knigths would be perfect to new knights on horse, and the griffon knights could be more spectacular.
Furthermore, I love the new empire models. Welcome!!

Offline Mechanical Monkey

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
The character models on foot are awesome, but while I think the other models are cool looking I'm not really that interested in them.
Why would he look there?  Never ever has there been balls under an elf's robes.   :closed-eyes:

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
I think the plumes on the captains helmet are a tad small...
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:10 PM »
Why is the guy on the front cover wearing a "Comic Relief" Red Nose?

Generally not bad - cannot understand the 'tainted' two headed version of the gryphon, and I see armies with hardly any troops and loads of wagons  :icon_exclaim:

GW Sales obviously are good on the special stuff and not on the basic troops  - has anyone seen the UK pricing for all these sets?

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?