home

Author Topic: Sigmarite Holy Inquisitiorial Tabernacle - The Legend  (Read 247178 times)

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Re: Sigmarite Holy Inquisitiorial Tabernacle
« Reply #1125 on: April 28, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »
Good, good. But remember that an inquisitor must meet out chasticement toward himself when needed in order to keep to the true path. He should not shun away for putting himself on Trial by fire, for if he is worthy, Lord Sigmar will protect him. Even if he sometimes choose to wait for a while...arrgh, them burns...

Anyway, now if Wissmont have learnt his lesson, maybe the cult of Manann can present him with a letter of marque so he can conduct the legal activites of a privateer. Would solve some issues methinks... But he better have a supervisor with him in the beginning.

*Looks suspiciously toward the newcomer.

Ah, young and eager, great promise. Hmm... but does he have the stamina needed? Does he have the strength of will needed? I suggest he should also serve as a choirboy in the Church of... darn, now that Midaski have officially claimed he is not a saint we need to find a new name for the Church. Bugger...

Anyway, the Inn that lies in the cellar of the hospital of St. Rufus has yet to be named properly. I think Midaskis cellar would be fitting.
Now, if Rufas aka Ironmonger could ensure a steady supply of the finest dwarf beer we should have a profitable buisness around that would give a much needed economical support to our work. All this timber ainīt for free!

*Shuffles away to write a letter to Rufas asking for him to manage the supply of beer for the Inn "Midaskis cellar".

Ah, but the problem with the churchs new name still remains. Anyway, can I have my choirboy?

Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #1126 on: April 28, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
*Rian shuffled uncomforatbly at the title "choirboy"*

Shall i go to the hospital, and help out with the production of the dwarven Mead? I have had many dealing with the stunties during my training in the temple, and am fairly confident of dealins with the little folks. I even have a stick on beard that makes them more comfortable in my presence  :unsure:
Quote from: Dendo Star link
"When you play Empire, you must understand that every army is either tougher, scarier, better, stronger, faster, or inherently more powerful than you are.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #1128 on: April 28, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
Dont mind the beastmen roaming the halls... they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them

As long as you're not wearing the open backed robes they give out to the first years.  Thats just askin' for trouble with the slaanesh worship and all.

And the cats cries, just try to ignore them...

Wait... nobody can actually speak cat can they?

:icon_eek:

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Members
  • Imperial Liberal
« Reply #1129 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #1130 on: April 28, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »
*Looks suspiciously toward the newcomer.

Ah, young and eager, great promise. Hmm... but does he have the stamina needed? Does he have the strength of will needed? I suggest he should also serve as a choirboy in the Church of... darn, now that Midaski have officially claimed he is not a saint we need to find a new name for the Church. Bugger...

Anyway, the Inn that lies in the cellar of the hospital of St. Rufus has yet to be named properly. I think Midaski's cellar would be fitting.
Well, it's good we have young Rian in the hospital,  We need a good soprano, and they tend to outgrow the part so fast.  The surgeons say there is a quick and simple procedure to keep him sing the high notes indefinitely. Young Rian has shown such a desire to serve the Inquisition that he certainly won't mind.  Right?..... Rian?.....  I didn't know the boy could run so fast. 

The hospital and the basement in should be named in honor of Midaski, as it is his tab that provides the beer.  The 50,000 kegs that I stole from Lord Firmshaft are my private stock.  Midaski is not really a saint.  He is more of an anti-saint.  But Anti-Saint Midaski's (remember, the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe).  As I was saying Anti-Saint Midaski's is a bit awkward.  So we can call the establishment St. Midaski's.  The disconnect between the name and his warped personality can be one of those Inquisition insider jokes.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #1131 on: April 28, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
I didnt know the Inquistion was so rife with homo-erotic humoour  :mellow:
"When you play Empire, you must understand that every army is either tougher, scarier, better, stronger, faster, or inherently more powerful than you are.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #1132 on: April 29, 2008, 03:04:31 AM »
No my post was castrati humor.  PhillyT's post was homo-erotic, but then again he never answered my question about the cats.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #1133 on: April 29, 2008, 03:12:20 AM »
I didnt know the Inquistion was so rife with homo-erotic humoour  :mellow:
To be fair Philly isn't exactely apart of the Inquisition...

And normally we aren't, but we take good jokes wherever we can get them  :laugh:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1134 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:03 AM »

................ but we take good jokes wherever we can get them  :laugh:

Don't forget to tell the rest of us when one finally arrives...............

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #1135 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:10 AM »
Alright, we keep the name St. Midaski. I just recived a letter from Volkmar who wrote that he had been unable to stop laughing for half a day and that he and Franz had decided it must stay, if for nothing else to prove that Sigmar has a sense of humour.

And in the end, Midaski is more kickass than many saints ever where, and it is never bad to have a kickass patron. :engel:

Alright, seems Rian is nor fitt for the choirboy thing. Well, make him holy brewer apprentice then. Now, of you go and help Rufas. Since the Church is still known as St. Midaski, we name the in in Rufas honour.
Rufas bar of brews?

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1136 on: April 29, 2008, 07:43:25 AM »
There is only one flaw in the plan: why would let rufas bring beer, then sell it ourselves, so we can buy wood from rufas  :?

And we do not know if Rian is legally allowed to drink yet, so I think the job doesn't suit him well. We could put him with marshmallow supplies though. Some more things: he's in there twice and not a Noob In The Ways of the Inquisition (on the roster, that is)

Dendo can speak cat though. He's a wizard, surely he has mastered the lore of beasts...
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #1137 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:01 AM »
Anyway, now if Wissmont have learnt his lesson, maybe the cult of Manann can present him with a letter of marque so he can conduct the legal activites of a privateer. Would solve some issues methinks... But he better have a supervisor with him in the beginning.
I think we could manage that, what's the name of your ship Alexander de Wissont?

Ah, but the problem with the churchs new name still remains. Anyway, can I have my choirboy?
For that comment alone, by all that is good and pure you should be chained to a cannonball and thown over the side, just because the church of Sigmar is based on the catholic church of history doesn't give you the right to emulate some of their worst faults.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #1138 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:57 AM »
*Young Rian breathes a audible sigh of relief as he is not designated "chiorboy". I doubt my ass would hold up to that level of violation. Taking his leave, before there is a changed of minds, he makes his way outside, and on towards the church, keeping his back towards the wall, just incase*

*As he wanders down the street, he spots a black cat, and wonders if this is one of Philly's lovers*

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1139 on: April 29, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
Give Mathi a break Spiney! He's still burnt! Wait till next week!

And this would be 1000 for me, but it's the Back Table *sigh*

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Alexander de Wissont

• Members
  • Missing our most Eccentric member, a great man
« Reply #1140 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
I think we could manage that, what's the name of your ship Alexander de Wissont?

Sigmar's Holy International Trading Ship :biggriin:
Everything in one way or another references Monty Python
Rufas the Eccentric.RIP

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #1141 on: April 29, 2008, 04:28:41 PM »
Thanks for the support Obi... the pain from my latest self-inflicted chasticement is still hurting.
And what was that about me being after more than a choirboy? I merely need someone with a better voice than me. Itīs all that smoke form all them pyres that have ruined it. And now you accuse me of unspeakablae acts when all I asked for was a decent choirboy... grumble...
I guess this mean I will have to make do with them cats. At least they can vail properly, but they always runs helter skelter suddenly, as if some beast of chaos was nearby.

Ah... I guess you will have to put up with my hoarse whiskey voice in the future aswell... Time for prayers and psalmsongs:

"Sigmar bin uns ein grosses burg...!"

Offline Spiney

• Members
« Reply #1142 on: April 29, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
I should think given Wyzers link above your choirboy reference was pretty self-explanatory.

Anyhow, try some of this seaweed balm, great for burns and all manner of ailments :)

As it happens I've just returned from the Imperial palace, after getting the Emperors signature on a letter of marque

The Emperor and the Matriarch of the Cult of Manann,

to all and singular Admirals, captains, castellans, and to their lieutenants, and to all officials and clergy of the Cult of Manann, keepers of ports of the sea and other maritime places, and to majors, bailiffs, constables, provosts, and officers, and to masters and owners of ships, and mariners, and also to victuallers of ships, and to all other our lieges and subjects, whether on land or at sea, within liberties or without, to whom these presents shall come,

Greeting. Know ye that we have granted and given to our well-beloved Alexander de Wissont, master of a certain ship called Sigmar's Holy International Trading Ship liberty to equip in the ports of the cities of Altdorf and Marienburg, at his own charge, the aforesaid ship with as many mariners, men-at-arms, and handgunners as shall be necessary for his navigation and defence at sea against our enemies, whosoever they may be, and for subduing, capturing, and destroying the same; and liberty to set forth with the same ship, so equipped, upon the sea for the purpose aforesaid. And we will that whatsoever he, Alexander de Wissont, succeed in winning, gaining, and having by capture from our enemies aforesaid, he may have and keep for his own proper use, without claim or hindrance by or from us, or our heirs or ministers, or the ministers of any our heirs whatsoever. Provided always that he pay deference to the god of the Sea and provided that under colour of this licence he, Alexander de Wissont, his mariners, men-at-arms, and handgunners aforesaid, neither do nor permit to be done any violence, hindrance, or hurt to any who are in friendship with us.

Witness the Emperor and the Matriarch of the Cult of Manann on the 5th day of Sigmar-Tide.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:28:06 PM by Spiney »

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Alexander de Wissont

• Members
  • Missing our most Eccentric member, a great man
« Reply #1143 on: April 30, 2008, 06:58:03 AM »
 :icon_eek:
Wyzer, Rufas why do you have the same avatar? It's so confusing... :icon_confused:
And, if I remember well, you're not Canadians, that's right?
 :icon_redface:

EDIT:
Oh and let's burn Adrian, author of this topic: About the Walter (And it wasn't about W. Matthau).
So:
 ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
 ::heretic:: Adrian  ::heretic::
 ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:01:55 AM by Alexander de Wissont »
Everything in one way or another references Monty Python
Rufas the Eccentric.RIP

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #1144 on: April 30, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »
I think it has someting to do with Calvin.... and him switching their avatars.... maybe... dno... the answer must be somewhere on the forum.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #1145 on: April 30, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »
Nice sharp action there, Wissmont! Adrian should pay more attention now!
Now you can take the Inquisitions work out on the high seas aswell!

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #1146 on: April 30, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
The Canadian flag was implemented by Calvin, because of some remarks about Canada Rufas and Wyzer1 both made...

Never mess with the tech mod...

Or the tax mod..

Or the library mod...

Or the mod down under...

Or the Emperor, for that matter...

In short : Don't mess with a mod....
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1147 on: April 30, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »
STOP POSTING STUFF AT THE POINT IM PLANNNING TO SAY IT!

jeez, midaski just did it and now you did too, soth :cry:

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #1148 on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »
Comfort yourself with the thought that it is a sign of great minds thinking alike....
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Spiney

• Members
« Reply #1149 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
Just a note, remember that while on the High seas you are on Manann's territory, the fleets of the Sea God will be watching you