home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643009 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #4525 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
Heinrich will carefully check the other rooms, peeking in just enough to see who is there.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4526 on: March 26, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »
Heinrich first checks the room whose door he saw open. It's empty, and the bedclothes have been pushed aside. He then tries the door opposite: the one that has been quiet so far. Inside, he sees a double bed with two people asleep in it. He can't see them clearly enough to tell if either of them is Bardin.

That leaves one room to check, but since someone went in there only a moment ago he is concerned that he will be noticed if he opens the door.

[open that door anyway?]
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4527 on: March 26, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
Ragni, in rather a loud whisper, says, "Heinrich's a long time up there. Maybe we should look around down here a bit? Might be some papers or something with Bardin's name on them?"
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4528 on: March 26, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
Klaus will smile at Max and say in a solemn voice "just repeat after me....without question we will rely on each other, no matter how dire the situation with never ending loyalty and alliance to each other."

Klaus grabs Max`s hand and waits some moments....."Ok I think enough excitement for the evening we should go to bed now and get some sleep lots of evil to fight in this city.....and money to be earned."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4529 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
Heinrich will very carefully creep back downstairs to the others.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4530 on: March 26, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
[Burglars]

No sooner has Ragni spoken than Heinrich rejoins them in the kitchen.

"Is Bardin here?" Ragni asks.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4531 on: March 26, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »
[Burglars]

No sooner has Ragni spoken than Heinrich rejoins them in the kitchen.

"Is Bardin here?" Ragni asks.

"No. We should leave this place quickly. I'll investigate in the morning and I'll find out where he is hiding."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4532 on: March 26, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »
[Klaus and Max]

Max follows Klaus's instructions solemnly, taking the whole business extremely seriously.

When it's done, he says, "Klaus... I just want you to know how honoured I am. I..." he trails off, unable to continue. He just nods, then goes off to bed.
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4533 on: March 26, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »
Admund swears under his breath. "Right, let's get out of here. Maybe we could check the warehouses. Maybe they have offices where he is staying." Admund asks quietly.

Admund will exit the window when the group is ready, and make a point to assist the shorter Ragni and Julian through the window to prevent noises.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:20:09 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4534 on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »
Klaus will go on with his business as explained get the innkeeper to find some Outriders to deliver the letters (only guys with repeater pistols will be allowed to carry my letters :D) and some boys for the ones inside Middenheim promising the innkeep silver and gold for the outriders.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4535 on: March 27, 2013, 01:07:03 AM »
[Burglars]

Heinrich, Julian, Admund and Ragni leave Svenssonsson's house by the window. Julian fixes the shutter as best he can without making too much noise.

When they return to the street, they realise that someone is watching them. A tall, hooded figure is standing in the middle of the street, about fifty yards away, openly staring at them.

Morrslieb emerges suddenly from behind a cloud, shining down with pale, unhealthy light. The hooded figure casts an unnaturally long shadow... and, in fact, the shadow bears little resemblance to the figure's shape.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4536 on: March 27, 2013, 01:11:37 AM »
[Klaus]

Uli the innkeeper promises Klaus that his letters will be dispatched first thing in the morning, by the most reliable couriers he can find. Klaus is rather tired after writing so many letters, but he feels very pleased with himself.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4537 on: March 27, 2013, 01:17:52 AM »
[Burglars]

Heinrich, Julian, Admund and Ragni leave Svenssonsson's house by the window. Julian fixes the shutter as best he can without making too much noise.

When they return to the street, they realise that someone is watching them. A tall, hooded figure is standing in the middle of the street, about fifty yards away, openly staring at them.

Morrslieb emerges suddenly from behind a cloud, shining down with pale, unhealthy light. The hooded figure casts an unnaturally long shadow... and, in fact, the shadow bears little resemblance to the figure's shape.

"King." Heinrich mutters. It is not a question.

Heinrich will draw his axe and walk towards the figure at a normal pace. If it does not move before he gets there, he will hit King with his axe.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4538 on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
"What in the..." Admund's voice trails off as his face twists in puzzlement strange figure.

He will unsling his crossbow from his back and load it, watching Heinrich advance. If hostility starts and Admund has a safe shot, he will fire. If figure gets within 25 yards of Admund, he will switch to his longsword and shield.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:40:58 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4539 on: March 27, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
“Heinrich, why are you going TOWARDS the demon. Did Max tell anyone his name? we need to get to the inn and get Max!” [how far from the inn?]
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4540 on: March 27, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
[You are on the same street as location 37 on the map, in the lower south eastern section of the city. Your inn is 43, by the park. I'm not sure how far that actually is, but it's not a huge distance. 10 minutes walking time? Faster if running!]

The hooded figure reaches out toward Heinrich with one hand, as though beckoning him forward.

Ragni looks like he wants to charge at the demon, but stays by Julian and follows his lead.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4541 on: March 27, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
"I don't like this..." Admund mutters to Julian and Ragni as he closes one eye and sights in the hooded figure.

"If we're going to run, we need to do it. Now."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4542 on: March 27, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
“Heinrich! You shot it before and scared it off” Julian says, unslinging his handgun. “who is fastest to get max? not me or Ragni”

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4543 on: March 27, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »
"Put that away!" Admund hisses as he glances at Julian drawing his handgun, "Do you want to bring the watch down on us!?"

Admund swears under his breath and takes a short step to the left to keep the hooded figure in sight as Heinrich advances. "Max will be fine by himself. He doesn't need us to babysit him. Klaus is with him! Why do you worry about that little guy so much."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:19:51 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4544 on: March 27, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »
"I'm not worried about him" Julian hisses to admund "I'm worried about us. Max might know the demon's name, which gives us power over it"

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4545 on: March 27, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
"You're telling me that you can control that... thing? Why don't we just slay it? Looks like Heinrich is about to introduce it an axe anyway." Admund says trying to keep his eyes focused on the hooded figure, straining to see details of it in the light of Morrslieb. He is clearly uneasy, a bad feeling is growing in his gut.

"Let's just slay the thing and be done with it!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:06:10 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4546 on: March 27, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
"Aye, we might be able to slay it. Or maybe it casts a spell, freezes us all where we are then rips our heads off. It shoots fireballs out its ass and burns us all.vir it just rips us apart. We have no way of knowing how powerful this thing is, or even if our weapons will slay it, its not a human"

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4547 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
Heinrich will swing his axe at the daemon's outstretched hand, simultaneously draw his other axe, and charge in the rest of the way to attack.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4548 on: March 28, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
As Heinrich gets closer, the figure draws back its hood. Its head is a skull, with a flayed human face crudely tied to it like a mask. Shadows writhe around it, dancing in the hideous light of Morrslieb like living animals cast into a bonfire. A blast of absolute, soul-freezing dread hits Heinrich...

[Heinrich Cl test = 57, passed!]

...but he charges forward regardless, overcoming the terror the King expects him to feel. As he gets to within striking distance, his magical axe blazes with white light. The King withdraws his outstretched hand, using it to shield his stolen eyes...

[The King WP test (due to demon-repelling axe) = 63, pass]

...like Heinrich, he overcomes the compulsion to flee. But he is nevertheless distracted enough for Heinrich to strike.

[Heinrich 1 (magic axe, charging): 53, hits left arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 1-T7 = no wounds
H2: 92, miss
H3 (normal axe): 81, miss]

Admund takes a shot at the King with his crossbow:

[Admund: 48, miss]

The King strikes at Heinrich with terrible force.

[The King 1: 79, miss
K2: 51, hits head. S7+d6 roll of 1-T6-A2 = no wounds
K3: 69, miss
K4: 11, hits head. S7+d6 roll of 5 -T6-A2 = 4 wounds
K5: 31,, hits head. S7+d6 roll of 2 -T6-A2 = 1 wound

Heinrich is hit solidly in the head. He reels back, but his helmet saves him from being badly hurt.

[what does Julian do?]
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4549 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
“We need Max, he knows it’s name, he can weaken it” Julian says, half to himself, half to the group.

Ragni, brimming with false confidence says “boss, what could Max to do that thing? We can kill it ourselves”

On hearing “ourselves” Julian is struck with a flash of insight. They can’t do it themselves. They need help.

He will attempt to shoot it with his handgun, hoping the noise will attract attention and the watch!

After shooting he shouts to Heinrich “we’re not leaving without you Heinrich, but we need to go and get Max to say it’s name”

Pass the machete.