home

Author Topic: Anyone play Death Guard in 8th edition?  (Read 846 times)

Offline KTG17

• Members
Anyone play Death Guard in 8th edition?
« on: June 08, 2020, 08:19:37 PM »
Okay so since I am always late to the party, I recently picked up First Strike and Know No Fear (yes this is in 2020). The reason is I caved in before they all jumped 10 times in price when GM discontinues them, and I really liked the idea of the small sets. Well, I was surprised how much I liked the models, and expanded on what came in the sets a little.

My question has to do with Death Guard models. I have some models I bought for my older armies and thought of incorporating them (re-basing, etc). Some of the models I have are Plaguebearers, and was wondering how different these would be compared to the Pox Walkers that come in box sets. I don't have datasheets for them, and was wondering if they were even worth the effort.

I have a copycat FW Great Unclean one too, but not sure how much he tips the scales, based on what Primaris guys I have.

I really didn't want to sink a lot into this. And the fact that the Primaris don't have a lot of vehicle options is disappointing. All I mostly have to choose from are a bunch of dudes.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Anyone play Death Guard in 8th edition?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 06:46:13 AM »
Poxwalkers and Plaguebearers are both great in a Death Guard army, though they fill a bit different roles.

Poxwalkers are either good screens for the rest of your army or you center the army around it with Typhus being there and some more means to get them faster across the board, but then you are looking at 60+ poxwalkers. Having your own shambling horde of zombies going around, good against other screens and non sturdy infantry keping it self alive basically.

Plaguebearers are tougher and are more to get to a point somewhere and hold it. Haven't used them as I don't have any yet and my army is just starting, but that is what I know from seeing several battle reports.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989