home

Author Topic: Another first 1k list.  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Asher

• Members
Another first 1k list.
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:09:48 AM »
Well, having absorbed as much as I can from 50 pages worth of threads and the War Room, I think I should post a preliminary list for comments.  bare in mind that this is constrained by the miniature I currently have or will be getting in the immediate future.  I will annotate each selection with my thoughts, so you know what exactly went through my crazed mind as I came up with these ideas.

General:
Warrior Priest
Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Shield
Sword (Hammer) of Justice
The idea here is for the WP to accompany the Knights, with hatred to help them avoid coming down with a bad case of rubber lances.  Would he be better off with the infantry?  I'm also at a bit of a loss as to what magic Items to give him.

Battle Wizard
Level 2
Rod of Power
I don't like taking level 1 wizards in my High elf army, as I actually want them to achieve something other than magic defence.  With 2 spells and the Rod of Power, this guy has the option of being offensive or defensive.

Core:
25 Spearmen
Full Command, Shields
9 Halberdier Detachment
These guys are here to be a solid block of infantry and act in a defensive role.  Hopefully, with the aid of their detachment, they will be able to take care of, or hold up any medium to low quality infantry they encounter

10 Handgunners
5 Halberdier detachment
A decent block of fire.  The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Special:
7 Inner Circle Knights
Full Command
Steel Standard
A hammer unit to accompany the Warrior Priest.  An odd number yes, but that the number of models I have.  I intend to field them 6 wide, including the WP.

Great Cannon
Where would the Empire be without Cannon?  This is here to kill heavily armoured stuff, big stuff, chariots and itself.

5 Pistoliers
Musician, Outrider, Repeating Pistol
This lot are on harassment and march blocking detail.  My High Elves never leave Ulthuan without a unit or 2 of Shadow Warriors, and as Huntsmen appear somewhat impractical, these guys get the job.

Looking back over this list it seems somewhat model light.  I'm thinking of reworking it to include a unit of 20 Swordsmen, at the cost of various upgrades and halberdiers.

So?  Where have I gone horribly wrong?

Offline Ravan

• Members
  • oooopppsssss.......forgot to bring a cannon
Re: Another first 1k list.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 05:33:16 AM »
Welcome to Warhammer-Empire Asher!....one peice of advice, do not agitate the inquisitors  ::heretic::

Well, having absorbed as much as I can from 50 pages worth of threads and the War Room, I think I should post a preliminary list for comments.  bare in mind that this is constrained by the miniature I currently have or will be getting in the immediate future.  I will annotate each selection with my thoughts, so you know what exactly went through my crazed mind as I came up with these ideas.

General:
Warrior Priest
Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Shield
Sword (Hammer) of Justice
The idea here is for the WP to accompany the Knights, with hatred to help them avoid coming down with a bad case of rubber lances.  Would he be better off with the infantry?  I'm also at a bit of a loss as to what magic Items to give him.
Good, but maybe a sword of might or even a sword of power can help you better with that s5/s6 hits?
Battle Wizard
Level 2
Rod of Power
I don't like taking level 1 wizards in my High elf army, as I actually want them to achieve something other than magic defence.  With 2 spells and the Rod of Power, this guy has the option of being offensive or defensive.
Good
Core:
25 Spearmen
Full Command, Shields
9 Halberdier Detachment
These guys are here to be a solid block of infantry and act in a defensive role.  Hopefully, with the aid of their detachment, they will be able to take care of, or hold up any medium to low quality infantry they encounter
Iffy as there is a lack of leadership in these guys so maybe option for swordsmen as they hold up much better than spearmen in combat
10 Handgunners
5 Halberdier detachment
A decent block of fire.  The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.
lol alright fair enough

Special:
7 Inner Circle Knights
Full Command
Steel Standard
A hammer unit to accompany the Warrior Priest.  An odd number yes, but that the number of models I have.  I intend to field them 6 wide, including the WP.
Great, but maybe the steel standard of if you really take out some points Banner of Demonslayer...(I like when my knights cause fear  :biggriin: )
Great Cannon
Where would the Empire be without Cannon?  This is here to kill heavily armoured stuff, big stuff, chariots and itself.
Very True
5 Pistoliers
Musician, Outrider, Repeating Pistol
This lot are on harassment and march blocking detail.  My High Elves never leave Ulthuan without a unit or 2 of Shadow Warriors, and as Huntsmen appear somewhat impractical, these guys get the job.
Good
Looking back over this list it seems somewhat model light.  I'm thinking of reworking it to include a unit of 20 Swordsmen, at the cost of various upgrades and halberdiers.

So?  Where have I gone horribly wrong?

This is a very good list in my opinion, it will hold up against almost anything. Except your main block of spearmen could break if they were hit really hard and LD 7 doesnt really cut it.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.-Marcus Aurelius

Offline Asher

• Members
Re: Another first 1k list.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 06:04:44 AM »
Thanks for your input!
I'll play around with various weapon options for the priest, and I'll also try fielding him with the Spears to keep them in line.  I'll also have a look at various options for the Knights.