home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 637096 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #725 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »
"I certainly understand and respect your judgement. I can only offer that my friends fled in the fear that more thugs might arrive. I being most capable of self defense stayed behind. That is all."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #726 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
The magistrate nods. "That may well be the case. However, it does not excuse your behaviour. You are sentenced to-"

At that moment an armoured man bursts into the court, accompanied by two guards. "Where is Magistrate Ricter? I want to speak to him immediately."

The magistrate stands at once, a look of outrage on his face. "Sir Martin, this is most irregular. I was about to pass sentence on a criminal."

Sir Martin waves the objection aside. "That is no concern of mine. Who are you? Why is Ricter not here?"

"Councillor Ricter has been suddenly taken ill, Sir Martin. He had taken to his bed and can see no one. I am Magistrate Gorvintz. Now, I will be very happy to help you with anything you need, if you will kindly leave until this case is over."

"I'm not interested in speaking to you, Gorvintz. I have important business with Ricter and cannot be delayed. What's wrong with him, for Sigmar's sake? I spoke to him last night and he was as fit as a hunting hound."

Gorvintz's face has turned red with fury. He glares at Heinrich, as though holding him responsible. "Sir Martin, I am not a physician. Neither am I a servant, and I will not be disrespected in my own courtroom!"

"Oh, be quiet man. If you can't help me I'll go and find Ricter out at his home. You can get back to bullying illiterate wretches if that's what you enjoy... hold on a moment, I know you" Sir Martin looks at Heinrich and nods. "Yes, you were with that hysterical fellow yesterday... he was called Kurt or something like that. You were outside with a dwarf and a disrespectful boy. I want to speak to you. Come with me!" He gestures to his guards, who advance towards Heinrich, clearly intending to take him into custody.

"You will not remove my prisoner!" Gorvintz screams, "I have not passed sentence!"

"You can have him back when I'm finished. If you don't like it, take it up with the baron."

Sir Martin marches out of the court. The guards lead Heinrich out after him.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #727 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
"We need to find a new inn and buy new clothes, I think. You want someone to trail Teugen, but where will we find him? what is this Greta going to do for us. We can get into Teugen's garden, but surely the meeting will be in some sort of secured room?"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #728 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
Heinrich is relieved to have escaped a flogging, but he remembers that this man was responsible for Klaus and Max's new scars, so he still has a great degree of trepidation.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #729 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »
Heinrich is led back to Sir Martin's tent. Sir Martin sits behind his desk, but doesn't give Heinrich leave to sit. He dismisses the guards. "You are a bounty hunter I believe. Your friend Kurt had quite a story to tell me... and against my better judgement, I believed it enough to send some men to investigate. When it seemed there was no evidence, I felt that I had been mocked... but then the dwarf swore an oath that the man's claims were true, and the boy seemed equally earnest. It troubled me.

"The man deserved his flogging anyway, as did the boy. I am sure you will agree with that." Sir Martin's tone makes it very clear he doesn't care what Heinrich thinks at all. "Nevertheless, I have a duty to the baron to investigate any threat to his holdings, no mater how unlikely. I spoke to Magistrate Ricter, and he told me a very suspicious tale about a mutant goblin that was apparently killed twice, in two different places. The story about the goblin dying in a warehouse came directly to him from the city watch, and yet your friend the dwarf had the goblin's pelvis and claimed to have found it in the sewer... in a suspicious room, which certainly exists. Ricter intended to see the warehouse for himself that evening, to determine what had really been killed there if not the goblin. I came to the court today to see him, and find him suddenly taken ill... this is a conspiracy, and you and your friends are bound up in it.

"Tell me what you know. Leave nothing out, or you will be comparing stripes with your friend Kurt."

[you don't have to write it all out in full if you don't want. You can just say Heinrich explains about x, y and z.]
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #730 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08:03 PM »
"We need to find a new inn and buy new clothes, I think. You want someone to trail Teugen, but where will we find him? what is this Greta going to do for us. We can get into Teugen's garden, but surely the meeting will be in some sort of secured room?"

"You're right Mr. Julian sir, Professor Teugen is sure to have a cellar or someplace like that without windows to hold the meeting in. I really think I should climb up the sewer pipe into his house, and then maybe I'll be able to find the room and overhear them. I could do it - I'm not a child!"
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #731 on: June 24, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »
Heinrich is led back to Sir Martin's tent. Sir Martin sits behind his desk, but doesn't give Heinrich leave to sit. He dismisses the guards. "You are a bounty hunter I believe. Your friend Kurt had quite a story to tell me... and against my better judgement, I believed it enough to send some men to investigate. When it seemed there was no evidence, I felt that I had been mocked... but then the dwarf swore an oath that the man's claims were true, and the boy seemed equally earnest. It troubled me.

"The man deserved his flogging anyway, as did the boy. I am sure you will agree with that." Sir Martin's tone makes it very clear he doesn't care what Heinrich thinks at all. "Nevertheless, I have a duty to the baron to investigate any threat to his holdings, no mater how unlikely. I spoke to Magistrate Ricter, and he told me a very suspicious tale about a mutant goblin that was apparently killed twice, in two different places. The story about the goblin dying in a warehouse came directly to him from the city watch, and yet your friend the dwarf had the goblin's pelvis and claimed to have found it in the sewer... in a suspicious room, which certainly exists. Ricter intended to see the warehouse for himself that evening, to determine what had really been killed there if not the goblin. I came to the court today to see him, and find him suddenly taken ill... this is a conspiracy, and you and your friends are bound up in it.

"Tell me what you know. Leave nothing out, or you will be comparing stripes with your friend Kurt."

[you don't have to write it all out in full if you don't want. You can just say Heinrich explains about x, y and z.]

Heinrich gives every detail, explaining how they first discovered the strange room while looking for the goblin, the demon within, the secret door that leads to Steinhager's office, their investigation of that office and the notes they found detailing the meeting, some sort of sacrifice, and Teugen's involvement, as well as Ruggbroder's approaching them for help through Klaus. He also relates his suspicions of a smuggling ring beneath the Crossed Pikes, which might somehow be related, and how they were attacked by men from the stevedores guild, which led to his arrest. He ends by explaining they had planned to eavesdrop on this meeting, and that they had found a back entrance into Teugen's property.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:23:54 AM by CannonofDoom »

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #732 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:19 AM »
OOC: Heinrich doesn´t know who with the Ruggbroders asked us for help so most he can tell is that Klaus wanted to ask the Ruggbroders for help he has not spoken with Klaus yet about the involvement ofo the Ruggbroders and the order to eavesdrop.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #733 on: June 25, 2012, 06:18:10 AM »
OOC: Heinrich doesn´t know who with the Ruggbroders asked us for help so most he can tell is that Klaus wanted to ask the Ruggbroders for help he has not spoken with Klaus yet about the involvement ofo the Ruggbroders and the order to eavesdrop.

Liar.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:24:04 AM by CannonofDoom »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #734 on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »
Mortus will buy new clothes, something non discript in brown or a dark blue.   She will not leave the group thoug

• Members
« Reply #735 on: June 25, 2012, 09:09:56 AM »
"I am not sure it is safe to walk around town with the watch possibly looking for us, changing of clothes would help getting them off our trail though especially if we are quick about it. Greta is a bodyguard of the Ruggbroders who might help us identifying the people attending as she is from Bogenhafen and knows all the local celebrities, also I am pretty sure she can kick ass should it come to a fight. Hmmm it is great that we can enter the Teugen property by not going over the walls or going in through the gate I think accessing the villa via the sewers, sneaking into a position from where we can eavesdrop on the conversation for example with this fantastic item." Klaus produces the cooper horn with which he should be able to listen to a conversation through a wall. "we should be able to gather enough infromation and bring it to the Ruggbroders and become rich....filthy filthy filthy rich! I also have some equipment that will help us should we be detected by guards but we should plan our escape route ahead and some signal that tells everyone involved when the time is ripe to run. Hmmm maybe Max should check the pipe and where he would come out carefully perhaps from there we might be able to find out where they have their meeting. "

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #736 on: June 25, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Sir Martin nods grimly as he listens to Heinrich's story. "The baron has neglected the town for too long. He has allowed the merchants to take over, and they have made it a rat's nest. The merchants control the town watch as well as the criminal organizations, and I must be cautious not to act carelessly. I cannot simply march into the town with my men. But I am convinced that there is enough truth to your story to make it worth pushing for absolute proof. If the conspiracy is exposed, the guilty parties will be swept away and the baron will be forced to take a firm hand. As a man of the law yourself I am certain you can see the benefits of direct rule by the baron.

"Proceed in your investigations. Spy on the secret meeting tonight, and identify the participants. Discover what they are planning and report back to me tomorrow morning. Do this and you will be well rewarded - I am a harsh man, bounty hunter, but I am true to my word. You will not be betrayed.

"I expect Gorvintz has given your description - and those of your companions, if he has them - to the town watch by now, and ordered that you be arrested. I suggest that you avoid arrest until you have accomplished your mission. However, I do expect that you and your companions turn yourselves in once this business is over, and face your lawful punishment. If you do not I will have you hunted like dogs. You may leave now."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #737 on: June 25, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
Klaus has an excellent idea and uses his lamp black to dye his blond hair black and if possible we should buy some other clothes at the next possible location. Is there a shop nearby?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #738 on: June 25, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »
Klaus, Mortus, Julian and Max quickly buy new clothes [at a cost of 5 crowns each: you can of course keep your current clothes too!], and find another inn to stay at: they choose the Sundered Dog, on Langen Stasse, behind the Carpenters' Guild. It's in a rough area of town, and not far from the point where the sewers go above ground and run through the streets. It should be easy to enter the sewers unnoticed, and use them to reach Teugen's house, if that's what they intend.

In their room at the inn, they all change into their new clothes and decide what to do about the secret meeting. Klaus talks first [see the post above]. Max is very keen to climb the pipe into Teugen's house, if the others will let him.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #739 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
Sir Martin nods grimly as he listens to Heinrich's story. "The baron has neglected the town for too long. He has allowed the merchants to take over, and they have made it a rat's nest. The merchants control the town watch as well as the criminal organizations, and I must be cautious not to act carelessly. I cannot simply march into the town with my men. But I am convinced that there is enough truth to your story to make it worth pushing for absolute proof. If the conspiracy is exposed, the guilty parties will be swept away and the baron will be forced to take a firm hand. As a man of the law yourself I am certain you can see the benefits of direct rule by the baron.

"Proceed in your investigations. Spy on the secret meeting tonight, and identify the participants. Discover what they are planning and report back to me tomorrow morning. Do this and you will be well rewarded - I am a harsh man, bounty hunter, but I am true to my word. You will not be betrayed.

"I expect Gorvintz has given your description - and those of your companions, if he has them - to the town watch by now, and ordered that you be arrested. I suggest that you avoid arrest until you have accomplished your mission. However, I do expect that you and your companions turn yourselves in once this business is over, and face your lawful punishment. If you do not I will have you hunted like dogs. You may leave now."

"Thank you, My Lord, I will not dissapoint you."

Heinrich leaves, and immediately makes an effort to find and purchase a large hooded cloak at the shaffenfest to hide his face and then proceeds to find his companions, keeping as well hidden as he can without drawing suspicion. If Heinrich is unsuccessful in locating them, he will go to the sewers and follow the same path he took earlier with Julian to get to the back entrance to Teugen's.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #740 on: June 25, 2012, 12:51:48 PM »
Heinrich buys a suitable cloak [3 gold crowns] and then heads into town, being careful to avoid looking suspicious. Fortunately, the town is still packed with visitors from all over The Empire, so the watch will be unlikely to find him any time soon.

Heinrich goes to the general area he indicated to Julian on the map earlier, and soon manages to find the inn where the others are staying [convenient, I know!].

The entire group are now in their room at the new inn, discussing their plan for investigating the meeting. There are two hours before dusk, and the meeting starts one hour after that.

Klaus has used the lamp black to make his hair darker, and Max has copied him: without his bright ginger hair he looks much less conspicuous.

[Right, time to plan your exciting secret mission! I'm ready when you are.]
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #741 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
"Ahh Heinrich how great that you are back, how was it wit the watch? Lets check how we best infiltrate this secret meeting and come out of it alive to profit from our findings, I already told the others that we will be rewarded royally should we succeed 1000 crowns for each and everyone part of the mission. I suggest we split up in two teams the Teugen and the Steinhager team, without you I would have taken Max with me but as you are around he should go with you, maybe Julian should join Greta and me and Mortus should also accompany you. I think the plan of Max entering the building has some merit but perhaps the danger is too great. IF there is another room under the house and this room has no access except through the house it will be hard to eavesdrop on them no matter what. 'Worst case would be to abduct one of the members on their way back to their homes after the meeting."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #742 on: June 25, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
"Heinrich!" Max says, "I'm so glad you're well! It was wrong of me to flee the scene of the crime - you were right to trust in the law after all. Should I go and turn myself in now? If they let you go then surely they will let me go too, and then I wouldn't have to worry I was about to be arrested all the time."

He thinks about it for a moment, and then says, "No, I'll turn myself in tomorrow. We have to save the town from demons first or none of this will matter. Klaus, I think your plan is very clever, and I will try my hardest not to fail you. I really think I should go into the house through the sewer pipe - it might be our best chance to find out what's going on. Kidnapping someone sounds dreadful... I'd hate to be involved in that."
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #743 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
"I'm not sure we even need to follow them, now that Julian has found us a way into Teugen's manor. We should expose as few of us to danger as possible. Only one of us needs to go to spy on this meeting."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #744 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
"Only one of us? But surely we all need to contribute!" Max says, "Please don't leave me out, Heinrich!"
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
"Only one of us? But surely we all need to contribute!" Max says, "Please don't leave me out, Heinrich!"
"I'm not suggesting any of you be left out. Certainly there are plenty of things the rest can investigate. Breaking into that warehouse where the goblin was 'killed' for example, or Teugen's office."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »
Max looks uncertain, but clearly doesn't want to contradict Heinrich.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2012, 11:56:35 PM »
"I was in the warehouse where the goblin was killed," Mortus says.   "I could lead somebody back there.   It might be worth checking out but I'm not going alone.   Maybe me Julian and Heinrich should check that out while Kluas, Greta and Max spy on the meeting"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #748 on: June 26, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
"What did you see in the warehouse, Mortus?" Max asks, "did it look as though there was anything else to be learned there?"
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
"Not really," Mortus admits.   "Just some brownish blood in a warehouse full of empty crates.   Do you think we should try and kidnap a member on the way to the meeting rather than after it.   Having one of their members missing might disrupt them a little and buy us more time."