home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643628 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #850 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
The maid tells Mortus they do have brandy, and she will bring her a glass.

Heinrich and Max return to the room after a while. Max looks excited, as usual, "Gosh, we don't have long before Professor Teugen starts his ritual! How are we going to stop him? I'm ready to do whatever you need me to! Uh... I was thinking I'd like to go to the Temple of Sigmar, and say a few prayers first... in case things don't... uh... you know. Does anyone want to come with me? I won't be long."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #851 on: July 03, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »
'Not me laddy, you can stick with your human gods ' Julian says around a mouthful of breakfast.

He drains his beer then wipes his hand across his mouth.

'Warehouse 13 eh ? How certain are we? If we can get in before the ritual starts I could set some traps, but I don't want to scare em off before rugg broder can catch end. Perhaps I could set up traps I could set off when I wanted to.

I'm meant to be invesyigating steinhagers warehouse today, anyone thinks that is worth doing? '
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #852 on: July 04, 2012, 05:58:52 AM »
"I will join you for the temple Max, but I want to take a bath first to get rid of the dirt I collected yesterday and then have to meet Greta perhaps you want to join me when we meet her? Heinrich, Julian, Mortus....how was your night? You havenīt told me yet...also I would like to know what you guys think will work out best as a signal. Heinrich you seem battle hardened do you have any ideas how we should ambush those people best?"

Klaus eats a lot but goes easy on the ale.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #853 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:48 AM »
Okay back in time Mortus tells Julian and Kluas about the warehouse

She seems really frightened when Kluas asks her about her night and then figures out that he is talking about the raid on the office and shrugs.

"It was grand," she says.   "Heinrich set fire to the place, we got this stuff."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #854 on: July 04, 2012, 10:48:47 AM »
"Sorry Mr. Julian sir, I didn't mean to try to impose my religion on you!" Max says,  "I don't suppose there's a dwarf temple in town.

"I'd love to go to the temple with you, Klaus... but I don't think Greta likes me. I think she'd rather be alone with you.

"Oh, what's that book, Mortus? Is it another spellbook?"
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #855 on: July 04, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
Mortus tosses Max the book.

"Spells would be your area," she says.   She smiles.   "I will go to the ...tem..temple with you and Kluas if you like."   She takes a deep breath and turns to Julian.
"I only know that from these dockets that warehouse will be empty."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #856 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
"I'm so glad you want to come to the temple with us, Mortus!" Max says, "Now, I'll take a look at this book.... ah, yes, it's certainly a spellbook... rather a more powerful one than that other one we found.... gosh, I think this is a spell to call forth fire to smite your enemies! Dreadfully dangerous... oh dear... this one separates the mind from the body, making the victim unable to act... this one calls on the winds to obey the caster... ah! A spell to restore an injured body. If only someone had been able to cast that over me when I was hurt! And here's another positive spell - a mystical defence that lies on the body like armour... and to go with it, a spell to make the caster as strong as a bear...there's one more...Oh! A spell to lift the caster from the earth and make him fly... for an instant only."

Max closes the book. "Well, I am no expert in spells Mortus - I can only read them. Here, take the book back - reading it will be good practice for when you attend university. These are powerful spells, and some of them are very dangerous, as I said. But I can see nothing forbidden, no invocations of dark powers or anything of that sort. If Professor Teugen has books like that he'd keep them somewhere much safer, like in his own house."
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #857 on: July 04, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »
Mortus smiles and takes back the book.   She tucks it into a leather satchel that she is wearing.   Then she sighes and digs into her food again.

"Do we have a plan or even an idea of what we are against?" she asks

• Members
« Reply #858 on: July 04, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
Klaus will describe everyone what Megirius has said, that the inner circle members will hold their ritual alone in the warehouse and some thugs will guard the place also that Ruggbroder promised that he will make sure that there will be fighters around that will bust the place once we give them a signal.

"It is important that we donīt call the guards to early (because it is more dramatic) because we have to catch im the vile act. It is about time that I meet with Greta and organize the Ruggbroder bodyguards and what kind of signal we are going to use but you can join us. Julian, Heinrich what about you? Shall we meet afterwards close to the warehouse perhaps we should choose a location from Julians map and prepare ourselves for the ambush?"

I guess it is safe to say after Klaus hears the suggestions of the others he will take a bath and then leave to meet Greta.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:22:55 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #859 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »
Heinrich has nothing to add.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #860 on: July 05, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
Julian will join the meeting to Greta, then wander down to where warehouse 13 is while the others visit the temple.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #861 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
Julian will join the meeting to Greta, then wander down to where warehouse 13 is while the others visit the temple.
I'll stick with Jules.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #862 on: July 05, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
Once they've all finished eating, bathing and otherwise preparing themselves for the day, Klaus, Max, Mortus, Julian and Heinrich leave the inn to meet Greta. It's still relatively early in the day, but it's already noticeable how much quieter the town is than it was during the Schaffenfest. The sun is shining brightly at first, but as they walk through the streets, clouds begin to gather. By the time they reach the Adel Ring the sky is grey and unfriendly.

A watch patrol glance suspiciously at the group as they enter the park. There's no one visible inside - the group walk to the fountain at the centre, and then patrol the perimeter, but there's no sign of Greta. The appointed hour of the meeting comes and goes, and still there's no sign.

Then a boy dressed in servant's livery approaches the group. He holds up a scroll to Klaus, bearing the town's coat of arms upon it.

"Letter for you, sir," he says.

If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #863 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
Klaus opens the letters looks at it and hands it over to Max,

"tell the others whats going on Max!"

Klaus is tense, ready to take flight and leave the others confused behind.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:31:19 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #864 on: July 05, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
The boy runs away immediately after delivering the letter. Klaus pretends to read it (he does so very convincingly) and passes it to Max, who reads it aloud, "Dear sir, I have something urgent to communicate to you at once. Please come to my house on the Adel Ring without delay. Miss Greta is here with me. Councillor Freidrich Magirius."

Max looks surprised. He looks expectantly at Klaus, clearly waiting for him to say something clever.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #865 on: July 05, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
"Hold where you are boy" Julian says, waiting to see what the letter contains before the boys goes. If the boy runs julian will try to grab him.

[That picture of the boy is scary as fuck.]

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #866 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Julian tries to grab the boy before he can flee...

[Julian makes an I test... dice roll = 25! I = 26, so pass!]

...and catches hold of his arm. The boy tries to twist out of Julian's grip, shouting "Let go!"

[S test = 3, S2 so failure].

Julian holds onto him.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #867 on: July 05, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
"Who gave you this boy....answer quick!"

Klaus looks very confident and has tries to look like a nobleman showing a servant his place to not attract too much attention of the guards.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #868 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
The boy meets Klaus's gaze with a horribly dead-eyed stare, and replies in a calm voice. "The councilor gave it to me. Can't you read, idiot?"
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #869 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »
Heinrich will try his hand at intimidating the boy.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #870 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »

[what does Heinrich say/do?]
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #871 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »

[what does Heinrich say/do?]

He will begin sharpening his axe, and stare at the boy, then say: "Loosen your tongue or lose it, boy."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #872 on: July 05, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
"why is he talking like that Max, has Teugen cursed him?"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #873 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »
Max shakes his head at Julian's question. "I... I - I don't know, Mr. Julian Sir. There's something wrong here, but..." he trails off, unsure what to say.

The boy sneers contemptuously at Heinrich. "Is that the best you can do? I can see this isn't going to work... here's a threat for you instead: leave town now, or die."

He suddenly vanishes. His voice can still be heard, hanging on the empty air, "each of you will suffer an infinity of deaths. The realm of the master awaits you."
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #874 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »
Heinrich snorts dismissively.
"I tire of these games. Let us simply kill everyone involved, and be done with this town."