home

Author Topic: "Island of Blood"  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
"Island of Blood"
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »
I read this from a warseer rumor post...sorry if its already posted i did not see it if it has been ....looks good ( no empire)  :dry:

Well here is the contents of Island of Blood, thanks to all the rumour mongers for the information, none of it is mine, I've just collected it. Just to state it, all this info is according to five usually very reliable sources here at warseer, so it's pretty definite. And the rulebook included has all the rules, basic scenarios and spells, sections missing that are present in the hardback edition as rules (as well as the fluff and hobby sections) are:

- Armies of Warhammer, describing every army with lots of pictures
- Extra battles (like battles taken from the story line, campaings, linking battles, etc; last section in the big book just before the spells)

Now onto the models themselves:

High Elves (Not sculpted by Gary Morley, the person responsible for the current ugly hands/feet in certain sets, but rather by Martin Footitt, who has done the slimmer and prettier High Elf kits)

Prince on Griffon
Mage on foot
20 Sea Guard
10 Swordmasters of Hoeth
5 Ellyrian Reavers

About 1100 points in total, assuming full command on all units, a smattering of extra equipment, Lvl 2 Mage but no magic items.

Skaven

Warlord
Warlock
40 Clanrats
20 Slaves
Poisoned Wind Mortar
Warpfire Thrower
2 Rat Ogres with Packmaster
5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

About 800 points in total, assuming full command on all units, a smattering of extra equipment, Lvl 2 Warlock but no magic items.

Various small pieces of terrain detritus, High Elf themed I think (not quite confirmed).

Nixon
SOme guy from Warseer.com....Zak

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:03:07 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Whats in the, "Island of Blood" box set
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »

So are the "slaves" new models, or are they just planning on throwing 60 of the clanrats in there and telling you to paint/equip some of them different, like they have been?

Curious to see what the new PWG figures look like. (Assuming the set is all plastic, as usual.)

As much as I'd like the pretty picture book, I think I may end up waiting for the boxed set.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
I'm guessing that all the new figs will be very simple as fare as posses, like the dwarf and goblin models
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
I'm guessing that all the new figs will be very simple as fare as posses, like the dwarf and goblin models

Or they can be a good surprise like the new space hulk set.   Wait and see.

-Grutch

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: "Island of Blood"
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
IM going to buy this and sell the skaven and if possable use the high elves for conversions of sorts........one of you out there in warhammer land converted high elf spearmen into GS i loved it, i think it was used in a witch hunter themed army anyway  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what