home

Author Topic: What is everybodys opinion on 7th Edition?  (Read 6200 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: What is everybodys opinion on 7th Edition?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
I love TLOS!

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »
 :-P
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline CarolineWellwater

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 11:11:40 PM »
(( Syn Ace,

If you think that's bad-ass, I've seen someone else do that... and then put a ball-and-socket joint on the weapon, so it litterally has a 1/2-sphere LOS.  Not only can it peak over people and things, it can also peek around them too!  Super-ultra-mondo-delux-engineering genius at its best, I say.

Yeah, True-Line-of-Sight was not thought out terribly well at all.

All,

For guess ranges, if you had a basic understanding of geometry, you could guess pretty well.  You're already practically given to legs of a triangle.  Not to mention that you only really started 20" - 24" away, which basically gives you your starting guess right there.  From that point forward, start guessing at {24" - (enemy march movement rate x (turn number-1))}.  ))

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »
I am not a fan of LoS either, but the above example or anything similar does not work:

BRB p. 10: "For one model to have line of sight to another, you must be able to trace an unblocked line from its eyes to any part of the body (i.e. the head, torso, arms or legs) of the target."
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 12:39:06 AM »
stalk eyes for the win :dry:

The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:15 AM »
Removing guesses was a way to speed up the game. TLOS Imo was a way to slow it down. Its like they didn't know what their objectives were when making some rules, other than simply changing it and seeing what happened.

TLOS was a downgrade for sure.

However, some people like to say it ruined fantasy but it really did not because shooting is a minor facet of the game. I was playing 40k which is a shooting game and they went from 4th edition height line of sight to 5th edition true line of sight and it really killed the tactics. It is one of the reasons I switched to fantasy.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery