home

Author Topic: the hargendorf garrison and relief forces  (Read 21006 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: the hargendorf garrison and relief forces
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:44 PM »
The warrior priests are probably my favorite Warhammer models and their fluff as well. Nice job and cool pic job on the hill. Looks very dramatic.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 01:14:51 AM »
Yes, all very good. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2018, 01:26:37 AM »
quite proud of it, first attempt at painting faces after a year of slight experimentation, went decently well.
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2018, 02:51:55 AM »
Good fluff. Would be keen to read more of his cult hunting adventures.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2018, 04:37:37 AM »
give me 3 months and I can have a novel done and published

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2018, 03:19:52 PM »

This gentleman looks like he could use a dab of black wash of some sort. Nuln Oil is the one if you use Citadel paints, though I imagine the other big producers have their own equivalents.

If the black wash results in the sash becoming too dark, you could just re-highlight it again with the original colour. A simple and effective technique I'm using all the time myself.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
I did eventually get around to adding another round of black wash, though highlighting does sound like a good idea

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:15 PM »
The warrior priests are probably my favorite Warhammer models and their fluff as well. Nice job and cool pic job on the hill. Looks very dramatic.

Me too. I'm normally a secular person, but for some reason the religious types in any RPG/Tabletop game are usually my favorite type of heroes. :biggriin:

Also this sculpt is gorgeous and you really did it justice.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »

Me too. I'm normally a secular person, but for some reason the religious types in any RPG/Tabletop game are usually my favorite type of heroes. :biggriin:

I hope so or else that's heresy and you know what we do with heretics

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

I hope so or else that's heresy and you know what we do with heretics

::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2018, 08:49:09 PM »
got some work in progress photos of the hargendorf swords men of which I have yet to finish the lore, I ended up going with some fireforge games Teutonic shields to give them a nice look

and a kit bashed standard bearer holding pieces from, the empire general box, state troops, warlord cuirassiers, warlord Macedonian phalanx, the steam tank, and the skeleton box, and I have yet to finish his banner

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »
Swordsmen are looking good. I didn't know Fireforge sells their shields separately, I'll have to remember that for future projects.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2018, 12:11:10 AM »
ditto on the shields, that is good to know.

These guys are at plumage level 10!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »
Interesting that those shields have heraldry that can be used for the Empire.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2018, 02:41:10 AM »
Great job on the standard

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2018, 04:41:55 AM »
ditto on the shields, that is good to know.

These guys are at plumage level 10!

I made sure to pick only the fluffiest of hats and helms as In my view nothing can be more empire than puffed sleeves and massive feathers of destruction

Interesting that those shields have heraldry that can be used for the Empire.

that's the nice part of the empire, having it's base in Germany, one can simply find medieval German heraldry to work, in this mainly future Prussian markings, which of course is fine because as we all know, Prussia > Germany

Great job on the standard

I really did not expect it to come out so well, I can describe the unpainted model best as a "deformed chicken missing several important bones and perhaps a serious case of no-neck-itis"

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »
got some photos of the completed swordsmen, no story for these guys yet as I have yet to finish the command models, actually yet to order the command models, but we will see where this goes in a week or so, and thus here is the mostly completed hargendorf swordsmen

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 09:24:47 PM »
Looks very veteran in the early morning fog. God knows what they will face.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:13 PM »
Cool shields.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »
well the time has come, the great swords command has arrived and that means, standard bearer time wooo

the command group without the two extra great swords in the box

the front of the standard bearer

front of the banner

back of the banner, went with a bird due to nature being awesome, went out to prime the models and bam, 7 eagles fly over my house in a solid line, one after another, quite low too, was awesome

back of the standard bearer, decided it would be cool if I quickly added a cross to the back plate, looks decent, also added a bit of a blood effect on the arm to show, actually I will explain when I get the swords men lore done

the lore of the bearer
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Markus Aldhard, a veteran soldier of Hollum in the western border of Nordland, bordering the sea, he lived there for most of his young life where he was often seen ether in the woods gathering parts for a piece of furniture, or, in his family home weaving. Now this was seen as a tad strange for such a strong lad to be spending so much time on the arts but, as I mentioned in the former statement, t'was a strong lad and several had to learn not to pick fights with him, as he was described by a witness or two after one of this fights, "I don't know which is louder, the crack of that mans wrist or a chaos invasion", this led to him having a rather confident attitude towards his life, never learning how to step back, perfect for the army of Theoderic Gausser, he would serve with the count for quite some time, till after his unit of swordsmen was attacked by a group of rebels and brigands in the Laurelorn woods and their standard bearer killed along the river Demst, he sent his friend, who is now recalled as captain Johannes of Dorfmark, to get help after taking the horse of a fallen brigand, he would receive high honors upon his return for this daring action, while Markus held with the men remaining, he grabbed the standard and held it high as he fought along his men, they were able to fight off most of the attack, when a reinforcement force of pistoliers arrived and fought off the brigands deep into the woods. he would receive an introduction to the Nordland great swords for his daring action in the battle.

Markus and Johannes would serve together for another few years when, to much shock to his men, was wounded in battle, he was discharged due to this injury as it was believed to be unrecoverable, till one day helping his townsmen on a hunt he found a wounded wood elf, he came to a deal with him, he wouldn't mention him to the hunters and help his escape, if, he were to find a way to heal his injury, the poor elf, not seeing a way out of this situation agreed, and soon Markus reappeared to the town at strength they hadn't seen since his time in the electors army, he would spend his days getting back to his former strength at the woods again, and keeping with his younger self, continuing to weave, and wove he did as the banner he carries today is his personal banner designed by himself in the comforts of his home, he soon hung it along his home hoping that one day he would need it again, and so his wish was granted. for off the coast the vampire invasion was seen, he rushed forwards to Hargendorf on a horse of black, he would arrive early before the battle as townsman and women scrambled to find shelter and barricade, upon his arrival he found the towns proper garrison, the Hargendorf swords men, in need of command, and so he wrote to members of the Hargendorf great swords in the area, Erwin alterburk received the letter and so did the former regimental drummer Karl lowenhof, the set out that day and arrived in time to join Markus in battle. Johannes was unable to arrive due to being stuck on a quest in the woods towards brass keep to root out a cult around the area along with several other warriors.

Markus would remain at the front through the entire battle never ceasing till the arm of the plates he wore had been dashed with blood of his foe as they marched forwards killing anyone in their path, in defense of Hargendorf.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »
Quote hamster: went out to prime the models and bam, 7 eagles fly over my house in a solid line, one after another, quite low too, was awesome

Very cool fluff and nice work!
Re: eagles. It’s time to buy a lottery ticket or head out the army of hamsters and take over the local town 😺 that’s an amazing portent if you ask me.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
More good story.  :icon_biggrin:

Although seeing seven eagles traveling together, wow.  I've not seen anything quite like that, and has me wondering what was up. :icon_eek: :icon_cool:

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »
head out the army of hamsters and take over the local town 😺 that’s an amazing portent if you ask me.

hahaha, totally not working on that as we speak, how one even go about organizing an army of hamsters to hide inside the vents of government building ready to storm at a moments notice, pfft not even like I could get a leigon of hamsters in every major city and storm them all in 5 minutes to ensure complete domination of my enemies, such a silly plan, IDEA I MEAN IDEA

More good story.  :icon_biggrin:

Although seeing seven eagles traveling together, wow.  I've not seen anything quite like that, and has me wondering what was up. :icon_eek: :icon_cool:

the story is by far the largest I have written so far, lets see if I can top this

but the eagles are still the coolest thing I have seen

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
Another great standard :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
Quote hamster: hahaha, totally not working on that as we speak, how one even go about organizing an army of hamsters to hide inside the vents of government building ready to storm at a moments notice, pfft not even like I could get a leigon of hamsters in every major city and storm them all in 5 minutes to ensure complete domination of my enemies, such a silly plan, IDEA I MEAN IDEA

Not too far from a skavenish plan replete with command issues. It might work.....
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020