home

Author Topic: Empire at 2400p tournament report  (Read 1144 times)

Offline noodi

• Members
Empire at 2400p tournament report
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Hey :)
First post and that is a battle report from nice tournament.  :wink:
tournament was in 2400 points, with ETC rulespack.
32 players.

My list:
arch lector,altar,dawn armor,speculum,biting blade,crimson amulet
lvl 4 light wizard, luckstone, ironcurse icon
lvl 1 light wizard, dispel scrol
lvl 1 light wizard, feedback scrol
captain,bsb,armor of meteoric iron
engineer
10 Knights with great weapon, full cmd
37 swordsmen, full cmd
20 hand gunners, musician,marksman
5 pistoliers,champ,musician
2xgreat cannon
2xmortar
steam tank

Army was build for ETC rules, and to max. exploit LOS rules at etc.
Its basically banishment spam army with nice shooting and 2 anvils.
basic tact is to deploy all in one table edge, 4 artillery souranndet by swordsman and hangunners.
infront of hand gunners where tank/altar. nothing can fly/tunnel/teleport up near artillery.
Anything that comes near it will be block by tank/altar.
in that 3 turns point is to shoot up so tank/altar/knights can finish it.
Sorry for no pics, i forgot to take them.
Il put pic of my army later on.

Day I

Game 1 vs Ogres

Friendly player from Croatia, with very friendly list

lvl 4 butcher
lvl 2 butcher
bruiser, bsb
2x10 gnoblars
3x6 ogres, full cmd
4xmournfang,full cmd
4 maneaters, scout,stuborn
giant
ironblaster

This was my first game vs ogres, so was little scared..well till the shooting started :)

minimal movement with tank forward, pistoliers did vanguard and marched later behind his maneaters.
Altar goes little forward so he can banishment his unit with mages.
Magic: banishment did few wounds on ironblaster, other banishment was dispeled
Shooting: Pistoliers do 2 wounds on meneaters, cannon from tank and great cannon destoy ironblaster, other great cannon kills giant with d6 roll 6 wounds :)
Now game breaking point: he fails panic from unit destroyed by shooting with deathstar and mourfang riders. Both where near table edge and went of table. Thats over 1600 points lost in first turn, my enemy surrenders.
No point playing next turns, when there are only few units left on his side.
Game finished in 20mins, so other 2h for round one i spend on watching other armies.
20-0 for Empire

Game 2

Vs Deamons, friendly player from Serbia

Very nice list that won by biggest points difference in first game.
His list:
bloodthirster
lvl 2 tzeentch herald
lvl 2 tzeentch herald
herald of nurgle, bsb
herald of khorne
2 units of bloodleters 23 strong, full cmd, one had banner with +d6 to first charge
1 unit of plaguebearers,full cmd
6 flamers
2x5 furies

Was very happy to get demons, coz against them my magic is just dominating, i mean 2 x 3d6 st6/7 hits, reroll wards that I am casting on 5+/10+ and spamming spell 0 from light on 5+ that does 2d6 s4 hits.. :)

I vanguard with pistoliers forward to his furies, and moved to 1 inch of them, coz he was hiding his tzeentch herald near them. little movement forward with tank and altar just to get in range. Did one wound on herald with pistoliers.
Shooting was not that all good this game, mortars and cannons killed only one unit of bloodleters. his march to my mage bunker was blocked by tank and altar. He was hiding his bloodthirster till 3th turn when he came out on clear. It was game breaking point, coz if I didn't kill him on my turn he would charge knight-overrun to hangunners and then to artillery. Well that didn't happened, coz my 3d6 s7 banishment killed him. Rerolling good ward saves is very good vs demons. 
Hes herald of khorne made long range charge to my war altar, good thing he drooped dead because my arch lector used speculum. Magic killed rest of flamers and tzeentch heralds. Furies died of magic and tank.

18:2 for Empire.

3th Game vs friend and his wood elves

We made deal to play draw, coz he knows my tactics. He doesn't stand a chance vs me. Hes eagles/shooting cant hurt my artillery
 coz -2 to shooting true units, and if he deploys everything opposite to me he will be shoot and cleaned with magic in ~3 turns.

so its 10:10

Day 2.

game 4 vs WoC player from Hungary

lvl 4 tzeentch mage, disc, with 3+ ward save and 2+ armor save
lvl 2 tzeentch mage, disc,  with same saves, 2d6 s1 no armor shooting,shield that ignores first hit
3 x lvl 1 chaos mages, each had some item: puppet,scroll,and some more things
1x exhalted hero of khorne, bsb
2x6 khorne marauders on horses with flails
2x5 warhounds
unit of 20 khorne marauders with gw, full cmd
unit of 16 tzeentch chaos warriors
2xchaos tzeentch warshrine
1xhellcannon

This list was a little problem for me coz i faced strong magic, many small hard hiting units (for me), and good bunkers of 2 warshrines with 3+ ward and unit of chaos warriors..
Tact was same as always: get easy points from shooting and magic, and hold hard hiting units with altar/tank. But now I had to kill all small units first so I dong get charged with them and lose my mages..
He moved forward, casted some magic, killed 2 pistoliers and more then half of knights, scored direct hit from hellcanon, halfed my swordsmen bunker. My shooting saw killing of lord and other mage on disc, 1 unit of horseman, half marauders and one warsrhine. In last turn he made a very good charge with rest of marauders on my hand gunners flank then overrun to small unit of knight left. I thought I had 20:0 massacre so i didn't shoot in last 2 turn with mortars on that marauders (just to save from possible misfire), and that cost me 2 points :)

18:2 for Empire.

Last game of tournament, grand finales for 1st spot vs Skaven player from Bulgaria

Skaven player won last 2 of tournaments, and I knew I was hitting a hard stone now.

his list:
grey seer lvl 4
3x engineers, one had brass orb
bsb, storm banner
plague monk lvl 1 on plague furnance in unit of 30 plague monks
2x40 slaves,champ
40 stormvermin, full cmd
2x5 gutter runners
hellpit abomination
doomwhell
warplightingcanon

Game only lasted 3 turns:
banner was active all 5 times on 4+..
artillery was shooting only once on 15 times, so it rolled 14/15 times 1,2,3 to shoot.. (5 artillery tries per turn)
Magic faze rolled 2 turns in row 2x1 od winds of magic...
tank got 5d3 impact hits roll of 5 overall...
And after all that, it was still normal game, unitl his lvl 4 cast IF on skiteleep, only got s6 hit, i failed my feedback scroll = his engineer made hit roll on 8 inch toss of brass roll on my artillery.. didn't have more will to play, and i surrounded.

20:0 for skaven.

I ended up on 4th-6th place, Some mistakes cost me 2-3th place maybe, and 1 i a 1000 bad dice rolls game 1st place overall.
Anyway, it was a good tournament, good thing I played some hard games, because I learned so much ( will drop knights and hand gunners for flagelants), hope Empire wont be nerfed so with new book in april, because I am going to world ETC champ this year with list similar to this (this etc rules pack work great with bunker empire list army)
Sorry for bad eng, It eint my major.

Any comment is appreciated!

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
Re: Empire at 2400p tournament report
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »
Well done on your wins.

Good on you for being loyal to your friend.

Bad luck rolling so poorly in your last game.

Please post some pictures of your army, we'd love to see it!
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!