home

Author Topic: Foreign Ministry  (Read 65461 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Foreign Ministry
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »
If you can, scout out the Lizards.  That's really the only 'good guy' we haven't really approached as of yet.  I don't see any of the other races even listening at all, although I could be wrong.  It just seems too far fetched for Dark Elves or Chaos to talk to us on any sort of alliance.  If anyone has any ideas though, I'm game.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
About the druchii; sure they could be persuaded. All they want is to raid the coastlines and gather more slaves, right? Well then, why don't we give them what they want;

- They want to raid coastline cities. Fine by me. Just don't raid OUR coast. There's other coasts to consider, like those of norsca. The Druchii have a very real reason for attacking the lands of Chaos; namely to distract Chaos so that they do not take the crown. After all, Druchii won't like the idea of their neighbours having an artefact powerful enough to draw the attention of all the warhammer races. The Empire, on the other hand, doesn't want, need or seek the crown, so in the long run we'll pose less of a threat to them.
- They want slaves. Well, take them from the coasts of the chaos lands! In addition, as a token of our good will, we will take as many prisoners as possible and deliver them to the druchii.

@ Norma; No way. Giving an artefact of great power to someone who wants to conquer the whole world and turn everyone into undead minions is always a bad idea.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Status Report:

Dwarfs have an alliance with the Ogres.  They look to be forming allegiances with the Lizards and the Woodies as well.  Also, the orcs are trying to get some sort of non agression worked out, how this works I have no idea.

The Brets have a stance of Non agression towards us.

High Elves are split.

Dwarfs, while maintaining they are allied with us and don't want to fight are going out of their way to make sure we stand alone.  At the moment they are considering renigging on the treaty and at best, non agression.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:17:19 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2007, 08:29:43 PM »
My plea before I leave for the weekend...

If anyone has the time or the stomach.  Keep track of what is going on and make efforts to make alliances.  I post this because I will not be able to do anything to further our cause in the next two days.  Best of luck to you, I hope things go better than they have. 

I feel bad for anyone who hasn't checked on this thread in a couple of days, it got crazy quick and I'm sure it'll get even crazy before Monday.  Have fun! :-P

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
I saw your efforts on the brewery, It is stupid for us to get into such a fight with them that the greenskins get Crown.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
If the treaty the dwarfs have sent us is signed, an alliance with them is in the make. Let's hope they still want to sign it. Perhaps a few adjustments, but overall it's  fine I think. We should really put something in there about old oaths and alliances - dwarfs are big on oaths, but it seems they have forgotten the empires of Men and Dwarfs have made oaths together long ago. It'd be stupid not to ally imho, but we'll see.

What really bugs me here is some of the proposals that are made. Dwarfs and asrai uniting? Can't really see that happening, with dwarfs burning huge amounts of woods and asrai being elves (not a plus for a dwarf). Asur and dwarfs, because asur hope the dwarfs will give the phoenix crown back? Not a chance, they'd never do it, and yet they use it as a bargaining tool....

In that light, promising some prisoners to the druchii and having them raid the coasts of Norsca instead of ours, is really quite reasonnable. Demonslayer, we could try and see if it works. If not, well, no risk no gain. Hell, if we realy can't find allies among the good guys, druchii are something of our last hope I think, since I can't see us allying with any of the other races.

An agreement with bret's seems... odd. I'm sorry, but it's just that they are set against us in the fluff, and not indirectly as the dwarfs, but rather directly since they want to take our lands. Yes, we can make all sorts of alliances and agreements with them, but in the end, it's GW who decides whar the outcome of the campaign is. I say we try and do the best we can with them, but don't help them in any way (and if we can, stop them...).
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Stormbrow II

• Members
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
n that light, promising some prisoners to the druchii and having them raid the coasts of Norsca instead of ours, is really quite reasonnable.
:ph34r:
Hang on.  If ye go there I'll be off to some other factions and we will make a mess of the forest and stop ye getting the crown. I know desperate times call for desperate measures but that's a bit much.

High Elves are split.
That's overstating it.  Most of us are on your side already but the above certainly won't endear yourselves to us. 

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »
:ph34r:
Hang on.  If ye go there I'll be off to some other factions and we will make a mess of the forest and stop ye getting the crown. I know desperate times call for desperate measures but that's a bit much.
While it certainly wouldn't win us any friends with the HE's, would it really be that bad if a sort of deal can be made with the Druchii? After all, it's not an alliance, we just kind of point them in a different direction... In any case, this will have to be kept a secret... But I'm in favour of first trying to do the best we can with the other "good" races. If alliances can be made, all is well, and we don't need this kind of measures. If not...

EDIT: we really need a deal with the asur imho, since an alliance with dwarfs is becoming more impobable - non-agression is the best we can achieve there I think. Note: someone at Bugman's suggested the Empire approaches the Vampires, Khemri or even Chaos - but I'd rather fight alone than do so I think. We're still a sigmarite nation, and even other deities (ulric etc) don't like those peeps too well.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:17:55 AM by cisse »
cisse

Offline General Romanov

• Members
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2007, 08:28:48 AM »
The magic items within the College of Light are rare, expensive and if the undead want them, potentually VERY dangarous. We can't just give a bunch of walking bones ancient Kemri Artifacts they'ed most likly use them to attack the Old World.
For Sigmar, For the Empire, For Wissenland!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
I know desperate times call for desperate measures but that's a bit much.

I disagree. The way it stands, we're pretty much on our own. If we can get one enemy race to stop attack us and start attacking another enemy race, then that's a win by my count.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »
I know desperate times call for desperate measures but that's a bit much.

I disagree. The way it stands, we're pretty much on our own. If we can get one enemy race to stop attack us and start attacking another enemy race, then that's a win by my count.
There are nuances of course. The druchii can *perhaps* be dealt with, but just to ask them to attack another faction - not to really ally with them. And not only because it'd piss off the other pointy ears :wink:, but just because it'd be odd to side with the baddies. The other "evil" races (chaos, undead,...) are just a bridge too far to trade with, I think. Having them attacking each other is good, but offering them anything, especially powerfull magic items, is not done I think.

I posted a message in the DoW forum (Inquisition del Cobre), to ask if any of them would be willing to fight for a fitting reward. If any of you are a member of that site, you can always join in and support our cause.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
Sorry, due to bank holiday weekend this will be the only post I can put in before Tuesday. I also feel it is a no to the TK and VC, anyone who benefits from us dying does not strike me as a good ally. Also a strong NO to the brets from me as GW has set them up to take our lands and no amount of fluff is going to change their minds.

Our strength lies with the elves (possibly lizzies but they are my bogey opponent so I am biased) the stunties ask too high a price (plus I am waiting for their non-aggression pact with Chaos Dwarves the dirty dealing little *****). But to all ambassadors keep it up, we are not doing well but it is no reflection on the effort you are putting in, please keep trying.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
Things are going to be tough with HE's, at the moment it's 60-40 in favour of an alliance with Dwarves instead of us.

Negotiations with Dwarves are falling a bit silent, but we'll keep trying.

Nothing heard from the DoW forum yet.

How's it going with Asrai and Lizardmen? Wood Elves have made an alliance with dwarves (and one which I'm actually quite furious at - not only is it totally against the nature of the two races to ally, but the dwarves have in fact promised them sovereignty of the Great Forest and the promise to kill any who defiles it - humans too). But perhaps we can make a deal as well. After all, we should remind them that even if the dwarves want to give them the Great Forest, it's still our land.

To be honest, I'm a it disgusted by some of the pacts the dwarves have made/are trying to make. And to add insult to insult, we're pushed by GW to fight against them, which kind of  puts us into a situation with no obvious allies.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
Cisse, I congratulate your efforts but cannot help but agree with you, Woodie and Dwarf alliance not really likely in true terms, unless they have found an eraser that works in the book of grudges! Maybe we should consider offering potential allies ownership of the mountains as that seems to be the order of the day. Is it just me that thinks the entire membership of Bugmans are under the pay of GW to act so completely out of character just to keep the fluff going?

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »
Offer potential allies ownership of the mountains? You're speaking of dwarf allies then?

In any case, we'll have to think about something to get the Woodies on our side. The dwarves have made them a proposal, and they seem to be going to ratify it. But... The Great Forest is not theirs to give to the WE's, nor would it be possible for them to promise killing any human who defies the Forest, without breaking the ancient oaths of alliance between the Empire and Dwarfs. Maybe you need to point that out.

What can we offer WE's? Obviously, we could offer them some pieces of the Forest. More probably, we can offer them to acknowledge their sovereignty of the pieces they already inhabit. We should also remind them that it is us who do the main fighting against the beastmen in these forests; their old enemies.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2007, 10:04:05 PM »
Sorry didn't make myself clear, I meant giving the Dwarves land away as part of our treaties as they are giving ours away!

I was hoping to be able to offer the WE the heart of the great forest as part of a treaty if no-one has any objections.

Just to point out that dogs and cats will soon be the closest of friends the High Elves have now offered the Woodies an alliance!

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »
I was hoping to be able to offer the WE the heart of the great forest as part of a treaty if no-one has any objections.
Do so. Remind them that the dwarves cannot give them anything, and that they can't even hold true to their word of kiliing us if we defile the Forest (which we would never do, of course...): that'd mean they have to dye their hair orange due to breaking an oath of alliance.

Propose a deal to the WE's where we give them the heart of the Great Forest, whichever forests they already possess (I thought they had a smaller one already in the Empire), and where neither they or us can harm each other and stay on our own territory.

Can you come up with a contract tonight? We could then check it and post it tomorrow. I've also registered at Asrai.org, will be joining in the fun there shortly.

Just to point out that dogs and cats will soon be the closest of friends the High Elves have now offered the Woodies an alliance!
Well... Things are going to have to change, or we'll end up totally alone.  :-o Erm... Point out to the Asrai that dwarves are allied with ogres too, I can't see these brutes being too carefull around their precious trees.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »
I will try to put a contract up tomorrow

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »
Since everybody else seems to make contracts and alliances that do not match the general fluff, I'll see what I can do in writing up some contracts with races the Empire would never ally with. Druchii is one thing- let's see if we can get the VC on our side!

After all, we do not want the crown. We're offering everybody to stay the hell away from the crown and help THEM while going about our own business. If the other races of light want to exclude us, then maybe it's time to find some allies among the dark ones.

Because all this is happening in OUR lands. Other races are coming to US. They want OUR land, and if we don't step aside they'll kill us, too. The dwarves, elves and brets want to invade us so that they gain more power/land/whatever. And they call themselves "light"? Why the hell are we still hanging out with them anyway?

It's time the elder races learn to have some respect for their hosts :icon_evil:.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »
We're still sigmarites Demonslayer, and I just can't see us having any dealings at all with undead of all kinds, Orcs or Chaos (including beastmen and skaven). As I already said, Druchii may be possible to influence, allthough a real alliance is also out of question methinks. I just -can't- see the Empire dealing with these races. It's utterly improbable (not for a single general mind you, but for the empire as a whole) , and I'd like to adhere to the general fluff at least a bit.

Yes, GW has set us apart from the other races with the fluff they've come up with. Basically, it's very well possible that we end up with no allies. However, if we can secure enough non-agression pacts, perhaps we can do allright... Allthough "evil" races (and Bret's, stupid gits) will still fight against us.

PS: any of the other negotiators on msn? Might make things a bit easier for the decisions that need a lot of discussing - I'll post any chat logs here to make sure all members are kept up-to-date. My msn is francisheeb(at)msn(dot)com
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:26:31 PM by cisse »
cisse

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2007, 11:36:02 PM »
A few more things: is anyone trying to get to the Lizardmen?

Also, what about the Ogres? Sure, they have been hired by the dwarves, but perhaps some of them will still side with us. It is a possibility, and I think someone should look into it.
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
@Deamonslayer- I have no problem with anyone forging an alliance with anyone other than chaos< but with VC you may not find much support here, please say if anyone has tried lizzies, otherwise Cisse do you have time?

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
Seems like lizzies are indeed not yet approached by us... I'll see if I can post something there in an hour or so.

Oh, and Veldemere, have you been able to put together a contract for the woodies? If not, I'll give it a try tomorrow, but I'm really exhausted right now, and putting up a contract is beyond me now...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:58:43 PM by cisse »
cisse

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:29 PM »
I have made a formal offer to the Asrai, not as strong as i would have liked but we have to tread softly to even hope for a result. Please post a link to lizzies otion, similarly to you Demonslayer to VC.

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2007, 09:14:05 PM »
Are we so desperate that people are even thinking about talking to the undead. The only contact they will be getting from me is from my sword  :ph34r: I for one will not be any alliance with them. Anybody court doing so should be hung for the nearest tree for treason. You never know if you are found worthy you might be brought back from he dead.  :ph34r:
"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

(Magnus the Pious outside the gates of Kislev)