home

Author Topic: Special Offers and Deals  (Read 44666 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Special Offers and Good Deals Info
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
Foundry still have their clearance going on:

http://wargamesfoundry.com/clearance/single_packs/?sector_id=&page=all&utm_source=Foundry+Miniatures+Ltd+List&utm_campaign=95683cdca1-extra_20_OFF_all_Clearance_items_8_23_2011&utm_medium=email

That should take you to the page.

Then there is an extra 20% until 31st August if you use the following code at checkout

Discount code: BADGER88

To get the EXTRA discount enter your special discount code in the box marked Discount Voucher

YOU CAN USE THIS OFFER AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE!
OFFER ENDS 30th AUGUST 2011

It gets some of their infantry packs down from the sale price of £9.60 to £7.68 - but of course you have to factor in their £8.00 postage to the UK, unless you spend £80 for post free.

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Vikings
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
Northstar have a special offer on Vikings troops.
Both from Artizan:

http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=17&cat=117&page=1

Normally £8.10 now £4.15   (6 figures)

and Crusader:

http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list.php?cat=4&sub=14&page=1

Normally £9.00 now only £5.40 (8 figures)

Only until Tuesday 27th

Oh and the Wargames Factory Greek Hoplites are £16.50 free postage WORLDWIDE which includes Germany, Fandir!

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=3847

:engel:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »
Northstar have got the Crusader Saxons on offer until Oct 4th

8 Figures normally £9.00 are now £5.40
UK postage is 10%, rest of the world is more.

http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list.php?cat=4&sub=13&page=1

They also have some knights and men at arms figures at half-price.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=96&cat=177&page=1

Not too familair with 'Strategia E Tattica' I believe they are Italian, and also do some WWII figures - I found a review of those by White Knight online.
Not sure if I like these medieval figures personally - some of the head positions seem a bit odd.
Still the prices may suit some.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Wargames Foundry now has 20% off EVERYTHING for a limited time.  Might just have to pick up a few things that are now more reasonably priced with the discount...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
Foundry and 'reasonably priced' in the same post ........................  :Ohmy:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Ah, but you forgot the descriptor "more" preceeding reasonalby priced, implying that they are not quite reasonable, but less unreasonable  :biggriin:

Perhaps less unreasonable enough to pick up a few packs that I cannot find an equivalent to from another manufacturer...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
Warhammer Historical currently have a 1/2 price sale on. (A GW subsidiary having a sale does sound hard to believe doesn't it.)

http://www.warhammer-historical.com/

I've bagged myself a copy of Over the Top. If historicals appeal to you, I thoroughly reccomend both 'Trafalgar' and 'Warmaster Ancients'.
'Legends of the Old West' seems to have a good following too though I've not played it myself.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
Northstar are clearing stocks of plastic Immortal Spartans ...........

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=2626

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:35:49 PM by Midaski »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 09:14:34 PM »
Black Tree have a 50% off infantry sale - right across the board - both historical and fantasy

I think you need to be a Premium member, but that is just registering to get their email special offers.

http://www.blacktreedesign.com/uk/home.php

For a lot of ranges it means 4 metal minis for £2.75 and then you will have to allow for postage 10% to the Uk for example

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

Mantic Undead stuff which I hear are liked .........

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?spo=1&page=2

and dwarfs and elves which may not be so popular ..................

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?spo=1&page=1

Just for January

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Special Offers and Deals Mantic Undead Jan 2012
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »
Cheap skeletons!

I bought some!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:53:58 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Justnorth

• Members
Re: Special Offers and Deals Mantic Undead Jan 2012
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 06:24:03 AM »
It has to be said Rufus, you are nothing if not cheap frugal  :icon_mrgreen:
GW can pucker their skanky lips and suck my arse.

He's French. Since when do his plans have to be feasible?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Special Offers and Deals
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

Northstar have the Rob Broome War and Conquest rules book on special offer £18.00 ( instead of £28.00 ) with a free mini.

UK is 10% postage on top of course.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »
Not sure if the Mantic HE appeal to many, but this does look like quite a deal.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=4467

£75.00 only + postage 10% I expect against a normal / retail of £220.00

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 02:26:24 AM »
Northstar are clearing stocks of plastic Immortal Spartans ...........

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=2626

Is Northstar pretty reliable?

Have my eye on a couple of their Project X figures for a WWII Halloween event...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
Is Northstar pretty reliable?

Have my eye on a couple of their Project X figures for a WWII Halloween event...

They are a well established distributor, who not only supply to gamers direct, but also act as a wholesaler to smaller companies.

I've bought from them probably 20 times.

You don't see discounts and they charge postage - they have a pretty primitive payment system which does not show the postage, which they tell you they are going to charge you.

I tend to follow them on twitter and pick deals from their bargains section a lot.

Had one problem once with a figure missing from a bargain deal - sent it straightaway.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
There may be a 40% discount going on the Gamezone website.

Their new site opened a week or so ago, and I've just had an email about a 10 year anniversary discount

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0f6d248b5eaf240378b3ad1a6&id=f192b698a4&e=310897b48c

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/

I haven't tried it out yet to see when and where the discount kicks in ........... but I probably will soon.   :engel:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »
Maelstrom is having another 30% off everything sale before they move their warehouse next week.  They also have lots of SAGA stuff in stock, so if you want to give it a try, better get there quick!

Hi there,

The Maelstrom Games (www.maelstromgames.co.uk) warehouse move is finally going ahead at the back end of next week - finally! - but there's still a fair amount of stock we'd like to shift before we move; so we're giving you all 20-30% off UK RRP on certain ranges, as long as you buy stock, from today until next Friday only!

THE WAREHOUSE IS MOVING!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's right, you read it correctly: the Maelstrom Games warehouse, which has been crammed to the rafters for a good long while now, is moving from the Eye of the Storm to a new location a couple of miles away in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. This means we can work more effectively, expand our operation to bring in lots of the superb ranges out there that we don't already stock and, of course, future-proof existing ranges, which seem to grow exponentially every week. The Eye of the Storm, of course, will still retain our amazing shop, gaming hall and bar/restaurant, and you'll still be able to collect in store (either the venue or the new warehouse) should you wish!

The move will occur the weekend after next but, to ensure we can execute the move over a weekend and minimise disruption to our customers as much as possible, we're trying to ensure the excess stock we hold on certain ranges is greatly reduced. That means we won't have to take as much to the new warehouse and thus perform the move much quicker - and of course generates some cash to restock once we settle in!

To that end, we're offering you an amazing 30% off UK RRP on any stock we hold for any product - except for Flames of War products, which we are setting at 20% off UK RRP, and Templar's Forge, which are at 50% off UK RRP - until Friday, 12th of October 2012 at midnight (GMT)!

YOUR WAREHOUSE MOVE VOUCHER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The voucher will work on all the items in our webstore that are IN STOCK ONLY, but it will NOT work on any out of stock items or pre-orders, nor anything within our eBay store.

Your voucher code is: WAREHOUSE-MOVES

To use this voucher simply register on the webstore, www.maelstromgames.co.uk (if you haven't already), copy and paste the code into the Voucher field in your basket when you have selected the items you want, press 'REDEEM', and the webstore will do the rest. You are not limited to one purchase and, indeed, we would ask you to recommend us to your friends with this voucher!

Remember though that this voucher is intended for the webstore only - it does not apply to any of our auctions or Fixed Price items on eBay.

Happy Ordering!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
They also have a few Perry WotR boxes eligible on this deal.

It's not showing on the website, but it does work when you get to your basket - I know I've just nicked the last Eropean Mercenaries box.
Unfortunately they don't have any Perry Cavalry or Fireforge Games Medieval cavalry either - pity 30% would have been great.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:21:18 PM by Midaski »

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »
Thewarstore.com has an extra discount on some Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars, and Flames of War figures they're trying to move.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2012, 02:37:08 AM »
When I went on earlier they had the perry renaissance cavalry in stock.  I chose to spend some cash on SAGA instead.  I figured I wouldn't use the horses in the next year at least, so I passed.  See, I am making progress, no?  :engel:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
Had another email about an hour ago, and they are increasing some discounts.
Went and checked and it said they had 3 boxes of Perry WotR cavalry now.

Been trying to get them through the checkout for 20 mins.

The site is very slow ...... must be busy  :engel:

Also it would appear that there are some internet rumours about them - from the tone in the email I guess suggesting the move is because they are in trouble and/or they are going bust and the sale is to get cash in.

Edit:
Bo**ocks it crashed and I lost them - someone obviously beat me to it  :icon_twisted:
Should have spotted the email in my inbox earlier.

It would appear that there is a thread on Dakka speculating upon their viability
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:17:31 PM by Midaski »

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 10:17:32 PM »
I got the email that many ranges are at 40% off now... had to place another order  :engel:

I am not sure about the rumours on the interwebz, but I know there is a thread on LAF complaining about their shipping and response time.  Seemed like lots of folks were getting upset by having all their orders split and shipped separately over the course of a couple months.

It would make sense that that is the main problem - hence why you now can no longer buy items that are not in stock.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »
Foundry have some regiment sets at half price on their ebay pages.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/foundryminiatures/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Works out 50p per infantry figure and I think £2 per cavalry.

I think the postage is not working how they say it will as auctions say £4 in the UK, £5 abroad, and extra items would be free.
It seems to add 50p though for extra items.

I cannot remember which are the recent sculpts that seemed to be pretty poor and who sculpted them?

There are some Perry sculpts, but who is Ronnie Shilton?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 07:07:57 AM »
Crusader hoplites discount

http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/prod.php?prod=820&cat=1&sub=53&page=1

Free p&p for all Privateer Press  minis on Gifts for geeks:

as well as permanent  20%discount on all stuff.

http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/tabletop-wargames|privateer-press/

One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0