home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 527425 times)

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2800 on: June 15, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »
Father one of my bestuursgenootjes of next year died unexpectedly yesterday. I'm going sailing with my parents this weekend for their 30th wedding anniversary, it's going to be a very strange weekend.

Man that's rough. There was this girl in my younger brother's class (2 years younger). Her parents had their own business and had been working very hard for a couple of months. But finally the work was done and they would be able to enjoy a nice holiday. Parents go to bed that night, mommy never wakes up, wasn't even 40. The girl was 13-14 or so.

Those things suck.

I'm glad my own father didn't manage to work himself into an early grave (workaholic that he was).
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2801 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:34 PM »

Anyone else have this problem?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2802 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:02 AM »

Anyone else have this problem?

Welcome to being a nerd.  :::cheers:::

We all play with toy soldiers. Of course we have this problem. :)
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2803 on: June 21, 2012, 08:43:02 PM »
It sounds a little crass, but it's because you think you're better than girls you don't like, but you think you're not good enough for girls you do like.  You just have to find a way to convince yourself that you're good enough and worthy of their attention.

Of course, I make it sound so easy, and it's not.   :closed-eyes:

Edit: Meaning-changing typo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:28:33 AM by towishimp »
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2804 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06:39 AM »
So you're saying there's a chance...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2805 on: June 22, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
So you're telling me there's a chance...

FTFY

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2806 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
if your spouse/partner wants to go to a cake concert rather than you mother's surprise birthday party in another state, how would you approach this?

Provided she did not know first hand when the party was when she bought the ticket, but now that she does she is still going to the concert and will be taking a friend instead of going with you to the party (that through non-verbal communication you can tell she didnt want to go in the first place)...

and for those forumites who know me, this is a different girl lol.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2807 on: June 25, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »

You read my mind. :wink:

Depends on how serious you are and if this is a 'first time offense'.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2808 on: June 25, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
I have a task at work that has a milestone on Wednesday but has stalled for the last 2.5 months because someone we got to help out to build us a database either can't or won't.  She even said she knows how after a meeting a week and a half ago when we brought in someone else to help unclog the situation.  Now that guy is going to have to help us out and build it in 2 days.  Been very frustrated, but I feel as though I've done what I can and I've been keeping my superiors in the loop as to our progress (or lack thereof).  I'm more worried about the reveal to our client if we can't deliver.  Still, we have 2 days and I'm hoping and praying it'll still work out.  I'm actually in a fairly contented place at this point and I pray it lasts.

Also, my son has a cold.  Nothing worse than seeing a baby sick.

not together.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2809 on: June 25, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
Crosses fingers.  Contractors that don't deliver on reasonable promises should be drawn and quartered.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2810 on: June 25, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

You read my mind. :wink:

Depends on how serious you are and if this is a 'first time offense'.
we moved in together...
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2811 on: June 25, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
Crosses fingers.  Contractors that don't deliver on reasonable promises should be drawn and quartered.

Yeah, because she promised we in turn promised on her confirmation.  We've suspected for the last couple of weeks that she wasn't being straight with us but I think we came to the revelation too late.  The fella who can help us out is almost over committed with other obligations.  We'll see. 

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2812 on: June 25, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
we moved in together...

You don't take things slow do you? :wink:  I dunno man, these things are always hard to judge in a vacuum.  Just see how often this sort of stuff happens and then judge accordingly.

not together.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2813 on: June 25, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »

Yeah, because she promised we in turn promised on her confirmation.  We've suspected for the last couple of weeks that she wasn't being straight with us but I think we came to the revelation too late.  The fella who can help us out is almost over committed with other obligations.  We'll see. 

I try to work by the principle, "Don't trust people."  Then again, I audit suppliers paperwork. 

Still can't get over the audacity of some people whose thought process is "It will be ok..."  I had a supplier submit a canidate to a position that no joke submitted a grainy photograph of the canidate holding her diploma on graduation day as proof of education.  Seriously?!  In what world do you live in that it would be considered ok?!

Some people, what ever happened to the 40's-50's work ethic where people were ashamed to be lazy?
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2814 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:05 PM »
we moved in together...

You don't take things slow do you? :wink:  I dunno man, these things are always hard to judge in a vacuum.  Just see how often this sort of stuff happens and then judge accordingly.
fate conspired against me.... :blush:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2815 on: June 26, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »
we moved in together...

fate conspired against me.... :blush:

I'd rather go to a Cake concert than your mother's surprise birthday party.

On a more serious note: I'm taking my son up to New York with me next week (a 20 hour drive) while my wife stays home. Sometimes couples do things seperately and it's no big deal.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #2816 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:32 AM »
if your spouse/partner wants to go to a cake concert rather than you mother's surprise birthday party in another state, how would you approach this?

She didn't know the date when she bought the tickets. Where's the problem?

Oh wait, your ex-girlfriend would have gone with a male friend. What about this one?   :ph34r:

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #2817 on: June 26, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
Sometimes couples do things seperately and it's no big deal.

This. I'd even go so far as to say it's neccessary for a healthy relationship to sometimes do things separately.

If it's your mothers 50th birthday and your girlfriend is her favourite person in the entire world then yes, it is kind of a problem.

Otherwise, not so much.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2818 on: June 26, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
coming from a close family I havnt seen my parents in over a year, would be nice to see them and have her meet the folks.  Especially considering that I have done numerous things with her family since we got together back in December.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #2819 on: June 26, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
So in short you have been together for 6 months, she hasn't met your family yet because they live in another state (and hers are close by I assume?) and you would have liked to use this opportunity to introduce her, yet she has had other plans before you made the proposal and now you're kind of miffed she's not ditching those plans. That about right?

If it's important to you that she meets your family just arrange a visit at another time. Or invite your parents. But if you want my advice do not play that card:
Especially considering that I have done numerous things with her family since we got together back in December.
Because that makes it sound like doing stuff with her family is a chore to you.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2820 on: June 26, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »
well truth be told I did tell her about this and the date but she "doesnt remember" even though the date was confirmed and I talked to her about taking off work and planning a trip for it 2 or 3 times before she bought the tickets.  Everytime before she bought the tickets and I told her of this she kind of made it seem like she didnt want to go.  I know it can be daunting for some to meet their significant other's family but I just feel like she did this to have an excuse to get out of it.  I guess thats what I get for dating young women...

and being with her family is a chore.  Her mom is pretty cool but her dad is like a cross between will farrell playing harry carry and grandpa simpson.  Its excruciating to be locked in a conversation with him.  Her sister is always in the hospital for one thing or another usually self induced to get pain killers for raves.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sandor

• Members
« Reply #2821 on: June 26, 2012, 07:58:31 PM »
Ive been in car accident and had my hand in cast for last six weeks.Ive come back to work finely yesterday,  just to learn that company i was working for is pulling out of my city, so in two weeks Im jobless.  Sorry abaut this rant im big boy and those thing hapen. But its like that that you start to think everything, will be alright and you get another kick in your ass.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2822 on: June 26, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Hope you will get another job Sandor. Good luck to you....

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2823 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
Man that sucks.  Take care!
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2824 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
Some piece of **** cut me off in traffic at 70k/h and I got rear-ended by the girl behind me. He then quite happily drove off. ****. Pissed does not begin to cover it right now.

Yes, her insurance covers it. But I *like* my car. And he's a ****. GRAGH.

</rant>
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!