home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537466 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3125 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
I hate nothing in the world more than research papers.......

Not even Nazis?

You Nazi lover.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3126 on: October 30, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »
I hate nothing in the world more than research papers.......

Not even Nazis?

You Nazi lover.
Can't say  ::heretic:: I've never met a Nazi!
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3127 on: October 30, 2012, 02:04:45 AM »
I have, it was awkward. :unsure:  just kept walking like they werent there....
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3128 on: October 30, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »
You seem to be a reputable man so I will take your word for it  :icon_eek:
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3129 on: October 30, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »

When you work in DC you tend to see a lot of protestors and other groups assemble and they like to preach or convince others of their ideas.  For example every Friday just after noon a group of pro black jewish assembly meets at the corner of H and 7th st NW and talk about how the bible is racist and that the white man are trying to poison everyone and yadda yadda yadda.  They dress in armor oddly enough, that look like medieval peasant closes with metal studs all over the place.  I walk by them every week hehe.  Their "guards" do a lot of posturing like they are expecting someone to start a fight.  Its quite a site to see.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
« Reply #3130 on: October 31, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »

When you work in DC you tend to see a lot of protestors and other groups assemble and they like to preach or convince others of their ideas.  For example every Friday just after noon a group of pro black jewish assembly meets at the corner of H and 7th st NW and talk about how the bible is racist and that the white man are trying to poison everyone and yadda yadda yadda.  They dress in armor oddly enough, that look like medieval peasant closes with metal studs all over the place.  I walk by them every week hehe.  Their "guards" do a lot of posturing like they are expecting someone to start a fight.  Its quite a site to see.

Pictures or it did not happen... lol
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3131 on: October 31, 2012, 04:26:45 AM »
It's sad to see friends stuck in a rut, doing the same things over and over but expecting different results.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3132 on: October 31, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »

Pictures or it did not happen... lol

This Friday when I go to lunch if they have themselves all set up I will, provided I remember to haha.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
« Reply #3133 on: November 05, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
So i've got myself a lovely new girlfriend for 4 months now! Beautiful, sweet, funny, we connect on a lot of levels and really just hit it of from the moment i met her on a rockfestival. The fact that she 19 so 10 years younger doesnt bother me one bit
:) but maybe  im just an imature SoB, Well probable not maybe! Still partying most of the time, sharing a house with one of my best mates. Living carefree from day to day.... Friday she told me i knocked her up,(so much for the pill) she knew it for a week and a half allready (after 2 tests) but didnt dare tell. Scared i wouldnt take it to well, Get angry or just just kick her out poor thing! Had something to do with my rant about how annoying kids are after a visit of some friends and their 2 year old daughter! Obviously this didnt happen, im really crazy about her and this our problem not hers! But damn, this is not what i had in mind for a while
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:23:52 PM by Walt von Ark »

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #3134 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
So you're going to take responsibility?

BOOM!!

You're a real adult now. :icon_smile:

And IMNSHO it's the right thing to do.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3135 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
So i've got myself a lovely new girlfriend for 4 months now! Beautiful, sweet, funny, we connect on a lot of levels and really just hit it of from the moment i met her on a rockfestival. The fact that she 19 so 10 years younger doesnt bother me one bit
:) but maybe  im just an imature SoB, Well probable not maybe! Still partying most of the time, sharing a house with one of my best mates. Living carefree from day to day.... Friday she told me i knocked her up,(so much for the pill) she knew it for a week and a half allready (after 2 tests) but didnt dare tell. Scared i wouldnt take it to well, Get angry or just just kick her out poor thing! Had something to do with my rant about how annoying kids are after a visit of some friends and their 2 year old daughter! Obviously this didnt happen, im really crazy about her and this our problem not hers! But damn, this is not what i had in mind for a while

Congratulations!  :::cheers:::  :engel:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #3136 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

Dude, not the way you wanted it, but make the best of it.  If you and the girl can be in love and be adults, then do it for each other and the kid.  Raising a family is full of joy, love, pain and redemption.

Congratulations!
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3137 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
im really crazy about her and this our problem not hers! But damn, this is not what i had in mind for a while
This isn't a problem.  Should be in "Happy and Random thoughts".

Congratulations!  It may seem like a big burden now, but in a year or so you'll wonder how you ever got along without the little tyke.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3138 on: November 05, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
Yeh, I don't want to sound like a preachy a-hole, but having kids is really great. You're 29, not 16. I hope it all works out for you.

Fatherhood is extremely daunting, but there are loads of new fathers and experienced fathers on this forum, so at least one place to get sensible advice.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
« Reply #3139 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
You're right ofcourse im old enough to have 3 kids running around by know. But tbh even though im scared shitless as im known to mess things up in my life(and it wouldnt be just mine anymore) and to say my own folks were shity parents is a huge understatement, and ik kinda worry it rubbed of on me, even though people close to me always say would make a great dad. ( great moment to man up and step up though). My main concern is my gf, she is quite young to be a mum isnt she? No resl education to speak of as she was in the proces of picking one. So much to do, to learn, to Experience and im afraid she'll live to regret it if we go on with it.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3140 on: November 05, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
You're right ofcourse im old enough to have 3 kids running around by know. But tbh even though im scared shitless as im known to mess things up in my life(and it wouldnt be just mine anymore) and to say my own folks were shity parents is a huge understatement, and ik kinda worry it rubbed of on me, even though people close to me always say would make a great dad.
If everyone who had shitty parents, messes up their lives, or was scared shitless about having kids didn't have them humans wouldn't be around anymore.

My main concern is my gf, she is quite young to be a mum isnt she? No resl education to speak of as she was in the proces of picking one. So much to do, to learn, to Experience and im afraid she'll live to regret it if we go on with it.
She can still get an education, get a job, and do everything else that makes for a great life.  Having kids is most definitely a part of making a great life.

It isn't burden; rather a joyous part of life!

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3141 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
Alrighty, my first advice would be to see how she feels about alternative options. I don't want to start another abortion debate here, but it's certainly on the table, yes? Heck, her parents might even nudge her in that direction. I know mine would.

Second, is she the type to "test" her man a lot? Most 19 year olds are. The "I'm late" schtick is the MOAB of shit tests in the female arsenal. So it might turn out to be a false alarm. Also, the child -might- not be yours. Again, she's nineteen. They have confidential DNA tests - you send in a bit of your hair and a bit of the baby's hair to this lab. It's not an "official" result but it can pave the way for an official DNA test if the results seem funny. You only have a year-ish to contest paternity.

(As if the happy dads commenting here don't hate me enough already) Don't rush into a marriage for the sake of the kid. I've seen that make things worse for a lot of guys. Take responsibility for the child, yes, but remember you've only known the mom for 4 months.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3142 on: November 05, 2012, 03:34:47 PM »
Oak_prince being a cynical old bugger. But all good advice. Me and my now wife got knocked up when both 23 (thanks to the pill again). But we were engaged (before we knew pregnant) and always knew we were going to have kids, it was just a year or two earlier than I would have done if planned. We got married before he was born because again that was right for us. But we had been together for 4 years before. Thankfully I got a fulltime job (was studying for my MA at the time she got pregnant) and now we have a house and life is good. The main thing is supporting the girl if she decides to keep it. Even if you don’t stay with her, you have to support her, both emotionally and financially.

Are you living together?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #3143 on: November 05, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »
Alright, my wife had to be put to hospital for her back again. No idea when she get back and in what conditiion. I am unemployed, my Union has not approved my application for the unemployment insurance to starting to get paid. My youngest daughter is to take medical test tomorrow and the little man cries for mommy. No money, no job, wife most likely not being able to work in a while and she is the one with the income. And we do not know if it her old injury that have returned or something new.

And I can hardly find a job I can apply to! Well, there is one were they look for two traffic informers in Gothenburg were I can apply my earlier expiriences and that does not ask for any particular expirience besides high school.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
« Reply #3144 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
@ oak nope no test, she s not the type for that and as soon as we where alone this weekend and i asked her what was wrong she started to cry her eyes out. She avoid going home to her dads for a week, stayed at a girl friends house who called a few hours later to find out how id taken the news. All alternatives are being discussed, dont know what dads thinks. Will probably have murder on his mijnd and im not talking about abortion! Being the biggest scariest biker you'll ever meet! Just met him 2 weeks ago and even though he quite liked me, i reckon thats gone! If its mine? Who knows, she swears it is! A test is always an option if its born and doest look like me :dry: but thats not something i want to worry about right now

@ finlay i will support her, if she decides to keep it or not! I dont want to lose her either way! Besides no child of mine will gro up without his/her dad.

Nope not living together. got a nice bachelorpad with a good mate! So will have to go look for a new home aswell, but that was the plam anyways
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:56:36 PM by Walt von Ark »

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #3145 on: November 05, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
If you really love her, go for it.

But make sure you love her truly, for otherwise you're on the road to hell.
Many people get married in a rush, only to find out they're not right for each other. Kids only complicate that further.

And make sure she wants to keep it, knowing full well what's it going to cost her in terms of dedication and giving up on or postponing studies.

But if the both of you agree, by all means become a dad ! It's one of the best jobs in the world.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3146 on: November 05, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
Surely, the pope is to blame. Sue the Vatican. :dry:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #3147 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
You're right ofcourse im old enough to have 3 kids running around by know. But tbh even though im scared shitless as im known to mess things up in my life(and it wouldnt be just mine anymore) and to say my own folks were shity parents is a huge understatement, and ik kinda worry it rubbed of on me, even though people close to me always say would make a great dad. ( great moment to man up and step up though). My main concern is my gf, she is quite young to be a mum isnt she? No resl education to speak of as she was in the proces of picking one. So much to do, to learn, to Experience and im afraid she'll live to regret it if we go on with it.

Well if you decide not to marry and raise the child together, then support her through the adoption process.  There are so many good parents out there waiting for a child to love.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3148 on: November 05, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

....my cat is deaf... but I do this so what am I?
― Jake the Dog

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3149 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »
-Dunkin Donuts opening across the street from my work and threatening to wreck my diet.
-Heating/straightening weapons on resin models.
-The lances on the Skullcrushers look a lot better than the axes but there's no way I'm paying 5 points a model to lose magical attacks and decrease their staying power.
-Four conflicting events one Saturday, nothing to do the next.
-My cat wakes me up at six in the morning.

First world problems.