home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537470 times)

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3400 on: January 28, 2013, 01:57:33 AM »
Yeah that's what I've noticed. This was rather strange though as he had a very nice girlfriend and what seemed like a great future ahead of him. I mean the guy was 20 and making well over $100,000 a year. He seemed to have had it made. It surprised all of us we couldn't seem to find a reason why he would do this.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3401 on: January 28, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
A friend of my parents who was a doctor making 300k+ with a wife and two kids committed suicide last year. Suicide knows no monetary or family situation boundaries.

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't lost anyone yet to suicide but there have been a few close calls. Not looking forward to the day when someone doesn't call out for help first.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3402 on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
well this best describes me
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3403 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
well this best describes me

lol, nice.  Don't angst too hard over it, man...we've all been there.  Just be thankful it didn't take you seven years and a divorce to finally see the light. 
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #3404 on: January 29, 2013, 11:51:01 PM »
Seems like the past three girl friends have been like that. Now I joke I can tell in 6 months to a year if it will work or not. In reality, I think it just takes that long for the sex effect to wear off.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3405 on: January 30, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »
Seems like the past three girl friends have been like that. Now I joke I can tell in 6 months to a year if it will work or not. In reality, I think it just takes that long for the sex effect to wear off.

I agree.  That's why I've vowed to keep sex out of it at first, so I can make an honest assessment of the girl before my hormones convince me I'm in love with her just because I like bumping uglies with her.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3406 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »
Crazy girlfriend story time?

My friend's girlfriend last girlfriend was totally bonkers. She was always trying to stir shit up by telling him that he was too fat, too short, dressed like a hobo, et cetera. She once tilted her head in my direction and remarked "that's what a real man looks like" right in front of my friend.

She forced my friend to go to her wacky fundamentalist church. She would only let him play around above the equator to preserve her virginity. She freely admitted that her ex made use of all three ports of entry but her church has a special re-virginizing ceremony they did on her(lol).

She was always flying into a jealous rage at the slightest provocation - like my friend hanging out with his female cousin. If he was too slow to return a call or texts she would start repeatedly calling his work/parents/friends looking for him. It got really bad a couple months ago when she would threaten to cut her wrists whenever my friend did something to displease her.

They're currently broken up. Hopefully for good this time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:22:29 AM by oak_prince »
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #3407 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »
I agree.  That's why I've vowed to keep sex out of it at first, so I can make an honest assessment of the girl before my hormones convince me I'm in love with her just because I like bumping uglies with her.

Well, that can work either way. If bumping uglies isn't good it won't be great for the relationship either. Both has to fit.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3408 on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »

Well, that can work either way. If bumping uglies isn't good it won't be great for the relationship either. Both has to fit.

Fair point, I definitely agree.  I'm not saying I'm gonna wait until marriage or anything, just delaying the physical aspect for awhile. 

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3409 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:04 AM »
there's a joke there...somewhere.

my ex would have to be not only the sex but that booty was just mesmerizing...boobies too.  Too bad her PTSD would kick in and she wouldnt want to bump uglies because then she would be giving a man what he wants...even though she would be a lot level headed and sane afterwards.  We didnt bump uglies until after a month of being together.  Then we did it all the time until about 4 months into the relationship.  We'd go 3+ months sometimes without doing the do.  Sometimes though she'd go all sex crazy and at one point we did it 15 times in the span of 3 days. then 4-5 months of nothing and stop pawing at me, etc etc etc.  And yet when we spooned she'd like teasing me with her bottom without it leading anywhere.

evil :icon_evil:

evil. :icon_evil:

as crazy as she turned out, I did have the best sex of my life with her.  As rare as it happened. :icon_rolleyes:  Makes me think of that buckcherry song.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #3410 on: January 30, 2013, 01:18:04 AM »
as crazy as she turned out, I did have the best sex of my life with her.

For what it's worth, your life hasn't been terribly long so far. There is every chance better things await down the road.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3411 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »
We really do need that "Women are Evil" thread to start up  :closed-eyes: I just don't want my name on it as the original poster  :engel:
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3412 on: January 30, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure everything fits.  And sex gets better after marriage.

The idea that bumping uglies has to "fit" to make a relationship work is silly.  Just like any other part of a relationship, it will grow and get better as you learn about each other.  If you can't get the ugly bumping to work it's very likely there are more significant problems in a relationship.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #3413 on: January 30, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »
And sex gets better after marriage.

It does? I didn't notice any difference. Maybe I should have used the ring or something?

The idea that bumping uglies has to "fit" to make a relationship work is silly.  Just like any other part of a relationship, it will grow and get better as you learn about each other.  If you can't get the ugly bumping to work it's very likely there are more significant problems in a relationship.

I'm sorry, but that notion is pretty naive. Sex is a vast field, and people get off on vastly different things. Some people don't enjoy it all that much, others are connoisseurs. Some people are shy, some aren't. Some people like to try new things all the time, some want missionary with the lights out and nothing else.

None of that is a short term deal breaker, but I have seen more than one relationship founder on the sex, with the benefit of hindsight.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3414 on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »

It does? I didn't notice any difference. Maybe I should have used the ring or something?
Just like anything else, it gets better after you practice for a while.  You learn what she likes and she stops giving you bjs.

I'm sorry, but that notion is pretty naive. Sex is a vast field, and people get off on vastly different things. Some people don't enjoy it all that much, others are connoisseurs. Some people are shy, some aren't. Some people like to try new things all the time, some want missionary with the lights out and nothing else.
It's naive to think that the easiest part about a relationship is the easiest one to fix?

Compared to other parts of marriage - living together, having kids, farting in bed, having to take care of them when they're sick - sex is easy.  If you're not talking, not willing to accept the flaws or differences of the other person, and not willing to adapt and compromise to make the sex work, then you're sure as hell not getting the rest of it done either.

Sex is the easy part.  It's important, but compared to the myriad of other things that go on in a relationship, pretty low on the totem pole.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #3415 on: January 30, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Just like anything else, it gets better after you practice for a while.  You learn what she likes and she stops giving you bjs.

I agree on the practice part, but that isn't dependent on marriage. Also, some people actually really like giving bjs.  :wink:

It's naive to think that the easiest part about a relationship is the easiest one to fix?

Compared to other parts of marriage - living together, having kids, farting in bed, having to take care of them when they're sick - sex is easy.  If you're not talking, not willing to accept the flaws or differences of the other person, and not willing to adapt and compromise to make the sex work, then you're sure as hell not getting the rest of it done either.

Sex is the easy part.  It's important, but compared to the myriad of other things that go on in a relationship, pretty low on the totem pole.

That's a generalization that doesn't really work, because it depends on the degree of compatibility that is there to start with. Most bits of a relationship will need some degree of compromise, but that degree, and correspondingly the ease of reaching a a state of mutual content, is very much dependent on the starting conditions.

So for some people it might be low on the totem pole. For some it might be the the very tip.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3416 on: January 30, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »

3 months! dear god. We were having sex again 6 weeks after she gave birth to ted.
One of her friends didn't have sex with her boyfriend from when she conceived to when the baby was about 3 months old. That is just unimaginable for me.

Why would you want them to stop giving bjs? I think it does take a while to warm up into what you like, but I'd put it more at a few months. Honeymoon was good though!

Zif: some people just aren't horny.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #3417 on: January 30, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »

When the marriage is over, sex gets better? So this is why so many people get divorced. :engel:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:45:36 PM by Warhammer-Weib »

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3418 on: January 30, 2013, 01:34:53 PM »
Why would you want them to stop giving bjs?
Who said anything about "want"?

Haven't you heard the old joke?

Why is a man smiling on his wedding day?  Because he just got the best bj of his life.

Why is a woman smiling on her wedding day?  Because she just gave the last bj of her life.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3419 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
Why would you want them to stop giving bjs?
Who said anything about "want"?

Haven't you heard the old joke?

Why is a man smiling on his wedding day?  Because he just got the best bj of his life.

Why is a woman smiling on her wedding day?  Because she just gave the last bj of her life.

1) so how is that sex getting better?
2) you obviously married the wrong woman  :engel:
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3420 on: January 30, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
Sex does get better as time goes on. With most women.

But prudes and anyone with sexual guilt should be avoided - some of them simply can't be reformed. I seem to attract a lot of prudes and have developed a pretty effective prude-dar as a result. The two biggest signs in my experience are 1) Making comments about how her body/girls' bodies in general are gross  2) Putting down her friends' sexualities(Can you believe Beth likes to pick up Mexican guys?").
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3421 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
a wise older guy at work figured something out.  If the girl has more than 2 piercings (one in each ear = 2) she likes to get freaky.  The girl I mentioned had a belly button ring which was fun to play with using my mouth.  Her libido was probably more influenced on her rape PTSD and manipulating me through other means.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
« Reply #3422 on: February 02, 2013, 04:59:53 PM »
I'd just like to point out Feanor, don't blame yourself for being blind.

(good) Sex releases a crap ton of hormones, all designed to make you want to stay with that partner.

Putting the "Off" in Off-topic.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #3423 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:12 AM »
Lost a ranked game of League of Legends because our Sona threw the game.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #3424 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »
Cramp in my calf at about 2AM this morning basically curled my leg around on itself. Currently in a complete zombie state at work.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!