home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537470 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3575 on: March 14, 2013, 06:00:21 AM »
badum tishhhhhh

I wonder how many posts Soth has to file through...always on the hunt for the next perfect pun.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #3576 on: March 14, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
Currently renaming March injury month - current tally is three fingers, a hip flexor and an ankle. Taking bets on what goes next.

You should stretch more. 135 obviously is not enough.

Well played. Stretching doesn't stop you catching a finger on a door handle or rolling an ankle on a net divider though :( Not sure how I managed to rack these all up in one month though :-/
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #3577 on: March 14, 2013, 10:26:33 PM »
Currently renaming March injury month - current tally is three fingers, a hip flexor and an ankle. Taking bets on what goes next.

Well played. Stretching doesn't stop you catching a finger on a door handle or rolling an ankle on a net divider though :( Not sure how I managed to rack these all up in one month though :-/

Bad karma? The pope resigning?
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #3578 on: March 17, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »

Bad karma? The pope resigning?

I'm an atheist, so not that worried about the pope :p Not sure if I'm up or down in the karma stakes at the moment...
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3579 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
I am flat broke til payday. :ph34r:

after my recent breakup and my ex moved out, my financial situation has been in a tizzy.  I have been fine since September and have just been barley keeping my head above water.  Every month picking which bill not to pay.  I think I may have to face facts that I need to move out and in with a roommate. That way I can save some money instead of living paycheck to paycheck.  But I am really comfortable living with myself and feel anxious having a roommate.  It will be some random person for sure.  Either that or evolve and learn a new skill set and try to get a better job.  My sister's husband is in IT security and could surely help me into that field but I am not sure how to afford all the tests and such.  Its very stressful especially when you only have $1 in the bank to last you until payday. I am very IT savy when it comes to help desk stuff but I am anxious to step into a whole new world, one where I might not even succeed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:58:59 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3580 on: March 20, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »
Hey, FFH you should Join the Army  :wink: Come on, get me that well needed rank up!  :::cheers::: (Just Kidding)
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3581 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »
I am flat broke til payday. :ph34r:

after my recent breakup and my ex moved out, my financial situation has been in a tizzy.  I have been fine since September and have just been barley keeping my head above water.  Every month picking which bill not to pay.  I think I may have to face facts that I need to move out and in with a roommate. That way I can save some money instead of living paycheck to paycheck.  But I am really comfortable living with myself and feel anxious having a roommate.  It will be some random person for sure.  Either that or evolve and learn a new skill set and try to get a better job.  My sister's husband is in IT security and could surely help me into that field but I am not sure how to afford all the tests and such.  Its very stressful especially when you only have $1 in the bank to last you until payday. I am very IT savy when it comes to help desk stuff but I am anxious to step into a whole new world, one where I might not even succeed.

Sack it up and go on a new adventure.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #3582 on: March 20, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »
And don´t buy any video games...or go out. Read or paint some minis.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #3583 on: March 20, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Feanor. Sounds as if you have already been considering your options. I am sure you'll find a way that will work for you!

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3584 on: March 21, 2013, 04:04:48 AM »
Showing pictures of my spring break to my older sister cause she asks.
Comes across pictures of me and this girl I'd met from NY that I actually quite like.
"OOOOHHHH WHO'S THAT RYAN!?!?!?"
I tell her.
"SHEEEE IS WAAAAY TOOO pretty for you"
Gee thanks for helping my self esteem.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3585 on: March 21, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »
Comes across pictures of me and this girl I'd met from NY that I actually quite like.
I tell her.

I thought that was the way siblings work or something...but generally my only child mind assumes such.....

I think I'll go and have a great game of catch with my childhood play friend gravity....
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3586 on: March 21, 2013, 04:18:28 AM »
I tell her.

I'm way too pretty for my wife, but I love her anyway. Take the chance.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #3587 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
I thought that was the way siblings work or something...but generally my only child mind assumes such.....

I think I'll go and have a great game of catch with my childhood play friend gravity....

+1.

Btw the wall makes for a really good catch buddy.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3588 on: March 22, 2013, 01:59:26 PM »
the government announced they will be cutting my agency by $67 million.  Guess who the feddies will probably cut first, contractors.  I really hope I do not end up on the chopping block again like in October.

edit: read the email wrong, was 67 not 3 mill....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:56:26 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3589 on: March 22, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »
That's a pretty big difference.  Hope all goes well for you man.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3590 on: March 22, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
Punxsutawney Phil indicted.

A capital offense.

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:18:27 AM by oak_prince »
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3592 on: March 23, 2013, 09:32:21 PM »
well I got paid and most of it is going straight to bills.  Went to barnes and noble and found the books I need to evolve but they were $60 each.  Went onto amazon and found them for half price.  Ordered them and when they come in I can start down a new path.  Really hope cuts dont happen before I can do so.  I dont like scrambling for a new job because I lost one.
― Jake the Dog

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3593 on: March 23, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
well I got paid and most of it is going straight to bills.  Went to barnes and noble and found the books I need to evolve but they were $60 each.  Went onto amazon and found them for half price.  Ordered them and when they come in I can start down a new path.  Really hope cuts dont happen before I can do so.  I dont like scrambling for a new job because I lost one.

If you're laid off, won't you get unemployment, though?  That could give you time to retrain.  Kudos on going for the retraining, either way.  I find action always helps me deal with uncertainty.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3594 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
unemployment wont pay me enough to keep my apartment, pay the bills, and feed me.  Thanks for the encouragement though :::cheers::: at least I'll feel like I am doing something rather than just waiting for the worst to maybe happen.
― Jake the Dog

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #3595 on: April 03, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
I'm working off a cold, and I've been blowing my nose for days. Like, really blasting that fucker. Now something's wrong with my left ear! Like something is pushing against my ear drum from both sides. It's not awful, but just bad enough to be really uncomfortable.

Anyway, I need you guys to give me a diagnosis.

Ordered them and when they come in I can start down a new path.  Really hope cuts dont happen before I can do so.  I dont like scrambling for a new job because I lost one.
Download the books! If you're conscientious just buy them when you can actually afford them.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #3596 on: April 03, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
One of my best mates, whom I basically lived at his parents house for 2 years back in 2004, in the evenings, smoking dooby in the garden, watching films etc,

just found out both his parents went down with cancer within 2 weeks ,

the mother is terminal, father might be ok,

visited last night, both look pale and thin,

Made me realise life is actually really f'ing short !

Try to make the most of it guys!!!!

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #3597 on: April 03, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
That blew my ear thing right out of the water.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3598 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:02 PM »
Roger Ebert, famed film critic, died.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #3599 on: April 05, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »
Tax office reckons we owe them $163k, because they can't read.