home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537468 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3725 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
that guy could word for word say what he said in the 1950s, but replace gay with black.

"political correctness is institutional politeness"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYx4Bc6_eE
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #3726 on: May 08, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
He raises some good points but it is still spinning out of control.

People want to be minorities so they can cry..I am being opressed! See the back table  :engel:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3727 on: May 08, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »
I almost used your gif today!

Pass the machete.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #3728 on: May 08, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »
 :biggriin:

Monty Python gif´s should be used much more often.

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3729 on: May 11, 2013, 02:27:49 AM »
I'm starting to have misgivings about my soon to be housemates.

Without going into too much boring detail: They're an intelligent couple with a lot in common with me that I've known for years.  But they've grown so... obstinate in the past couple years. Each reinforces the other's belief that all their problems are everyone else's fault. They really want a good friend in the city/as a roommate because they're bored of only hanging out with each other and can't seem to make lasting friendships down there(Again, they make excuses about this  - EG, they've given up looking for a gaming group because they're convinced that every single gamer in the city is a poopsocking neckbeard).

I don't know whether I'll be a positive influence on them or whether they'll just resent me when I don't join their pity party or bring around a friend who doesn't live up to their exact specifications of what a person should be like.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:26:40 AM by oak_prince »
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #3730 on: May 11, 2013, 05:12:27 AM »
Living with a couple can be really bad times. Every argument is 2v1 in their favour. Unless you trust them completely, don't do it.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3731 on: May 14, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
I just found out that I'm being ordered to do overtime...one hour before said overtime.  Meaning that I need to find someone to let my dog out, at 10:00pm, after most of my family and friends are in bed or almost there.  Fuck my boss in the ass with a cactus.   :icon_mad:  :icon_mad:  :icon_mad:
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #3732 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
I'll be offline for health reasons and won't be able to update my painting blog for a longer period of time.  :icon_confused:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3733 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Hope not too serious weib

Pass the machete.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #3734 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »
I am confused.

There's a girl I've been hanging out with for a while (we've been friends for a pretty long time before that) and a few days ago we watched a film together, held hands and snogged a bit. We've had a few "tender moments" before. Now she says that she's not interested in anything like that.

I know that I'm a really bad people reader and there could just be something that I missed, but if snuggling and making out doesn't say "I'm interested" then what does? Furthermore, how am I know going to know if someone is intersted short of them straight up telling me? I'm sorry for bothering you with trivial nonsense, I just needed to vent my feelings a bit.

Of course I'm going to be grown up about the situation and respect her choice and move on with my life, I'm just a bit confused is all. Besides right now I could really use a warm body to curl up with.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3735 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29:15 PM »
She was using you and being a bit of a bitch. Maybe friend zoned and then she gives you a 'tender moment' to keep you interested or when she wants some intimacy.
Sorry Bro.

My wife says maybe she's just nervous or shy or something, and have you flat out asked her and said like 'I'm confused about the mixed signals'
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:33:53 PM by Finlay »

Pass the machete.

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3736 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
In my experience you've got a very small window of time(right after she shows interest) to claim her as your girlfriend. Easing into intimacy after being friends for awhile would be ideal, but it never seems to happen outside of the movies.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3737 on: May 16, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »
this sounds like the movie 500 days of summer...

short answer, bitches be cray cray. slightly longer answer: she wanted someone there, you were it, but you may not be what she wants. its a shitty situation broseph.  :dry:  confront her like the dude int he movie and be like WTH?
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #3738 on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:18 AM »
I know that she is probably nervous and very shy, but then so am I so I'm not very sure about the whole confronting bit. I don't really want to cause any unnecessary awkwardness between us. I must say though that I am glad she told me that she wasn't interested instead of making me guess, 'cause I'm really bad at guessing stuff like that.

At least I have Best Fwends to make me feel better: http://bestfwends.bandcamp.com/album/alphabetically-arranged
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline theorox

• Members
Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3739 on: May 17, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
I know that she is probably nervous and very shy, but then so am I so I'm not very sure about the whole confronting bit. I don't really want to cause any unnecessary awkwardness between us. I must say though that I am glad she told me that she wasn't interested instead of making me guess, 'cause I'm really bad at guessing stuff like that.

At least I have Best Fwends to make me feel better: http://bestfwends.bandcamp.com/album/alphabetically-arranged

Now, I'm not exactly Mr. Lovedocta, but to me it sounds like she either was in a vulnerable place and wanted comfort or she's using you. Probably a bit of both. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have thought you had much of a chance of developing a romantic relationship with this girl, even if she hadn't said so explicitly like she did. And if she's so weak of character as to just use you for comfort when she's feeling bad she doesn't exactly sound like girlfriend material even if she was interested.

This post is really awkwardly phrased. Sorry about that, I'm a bit tired.

Theo

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #3740 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
Ugh you guys make her seem worse than she probably is, which is understandable given the very limited information you have. I might just be overreacting to a situation I'm not used to being in. But i appreciate the help anyway.

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3741 on: May 18, 2013, 01:56:20 AM »
You gave plenty of information. Everyone likes to think their relationship problems are complicated and/or unique to them, but 90% can be summed up as: "Person A likes Person B more than Person B likes Person A". Sure, she's a nice girl and probably dealing with some issues - but that doesn't make it cool for her to get boyfriend benefits(cuddling, affirmation, et al) without being your girlfriend.

If you really want her, lay low for a bit. You want to demonstrate that you 1) Are desirable to other women 2) Have moved on from her rejection 3) Are not a boytoy with no life who can be depended on to constantly give her affirmation.

Do not answer her texts right away - EVER. Ask her if she knows whether a mutual acquiantance is single or not. Call her from a busy place where she can hear other girls giggling in the background. Hell, bring another girl next time you guys hang out. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:16:23 AM by oak_prince »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3742 on: May 18, 2013, 07:20:52 AM »
I'm in the complete opposite camp from oakprince.
No bullshit games.

Pass the machete.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #3743 on: May 18, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
I'm in the complete opposite camp from oakprince.
No bullshit games.

True dat.

85% of relationship problems can be solved by talking to the other person.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #3744 on: May 18, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say that mind games aren't really my thing. Besides I've seen enough situtational comedy to know that those kinds of schemes never work out anyway.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3745 on: May 19, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »
My Parents are getting a divorce. I'm not sure why and I gathered that they are still living together on their property. I am confused.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3746 on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:27 AM »
That sucks qb

Pass the machete.

Offline theorox

• Members
Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3747 on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
I would think the reason why they are getting a divorce is that they don't want to be together anymore. Well, fair enough for them. I hope their decision makes them both happy and leads to a minimum of friction between them.

Theo

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3748 on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:05 PM »
I talked to my sister and apparently it has something to do with money and how the union won't let my mom get his retirement which explains why they are still living together and she didn't just take the other house.
That makes me feel much better about the situation.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3749 on: May 19, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
Besides I've seen enough situtational comedy to know that those kinds of schemes never work out anyway.

I think that young men emulating what they see on TV is one of the major causes of the Friendzone epidemic. But I wish you luck. Let us know how it goes.

My Parents are getting a divorce. I'm not sure why and I gathered that they are still living together on their property. I am confused.

My parents fight about money constantly. They talked about divorce but my mother has no money(refuses to work) and my dad is too old-fashioned to consider a divorce. It would have freaked me out when I was younger, but today I think if they divorced I could be happy for them. They'd have shots at finding love again and could each do their own thing, you know?