home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537445 times)

Offline Syphon

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #4525 on: August 08, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »
And another happiness disabler... I'm in deep debt, and to fix that I transfered money from my savings account. Which is now almost empty. Let's put it like this. I can't buy an AOS starter box with the money I have in my savings account. Even if I wanted to.
I need money fast. I'm thinking of either selling all my bitz or my mtg collections. Which should I do? Tips? Tricks not to stay poor?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #4526 on: August 08, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
Buy some more money. Eat oatmeal and rice every day.

Seriously though, eat cheap and cut off everything that generates bills(except internet and electricity). No nights out, get rid of your credit cards, take out cash instead of using your debit card, only shop for groceries once a week or twice a month.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4527 on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »
Might have to move to cheaper accommodation.

Selling some stuff probably isn't a bad option if you have things packed away you never use or think about.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4528 on: August 09, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
I'm already leaving as cheaply as I can without being out on the street.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4529 on: August 09, 2015, 04:18:26 PM »
Well, then you've got to do as Patsy said, stop all outgoings that don't pay your debt or keep you alive. No minis, games, booze - nothing. Food/bills/transport to and from work only. Not much else to be said really. If you reduce your outgoings to those levels and are still unable to meet your debts, you might have to move back to your parents and live for free, and if you can't do that, then either get another job or look into bankruptcy.

Guys at work have had some massive debt before and just had to do the above until it was sorted. One found out his wife had two secret credit cards she was using to pay off debts her moron brother had racked up... to the tune of $70k. That's taken three years of austerity to sort out.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4530 on: August 09, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »
....One found out his wife had two secret credit cards she was using to pay off debts her moron brother had racked up... to the tune of $70k. T

Clearly the moronic runs strong in that family! (using credit cards to pay off debts, really....)
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4531 on: August 09, 2015, 05:04:37 PM »
Her family are a pack of losers. She's quite successful, the only person in her family earning a decent living. She thought because she made enough that she could cover the cards with her bonus (that my colleague didn't know about either) but when her boss sold the business the new boss stopped doing the bonus, and things went out of control fast.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #4532 on: August 10, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »
Yesterday I've broke up with my girlfriend. We were together for over a year, but she thinks that we should remain friends only. It's my third one in 5 years...
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4533 on: August 10, 2015, 04:34:55 PM »
Sorry mate :(

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4534 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
Yesterday I've broke up with my girlfriend. We were together for over a year, but she thinks that we should remain friends only. It's my third one in 5 years...

So not a playboy.
So you give a relationship a chance to develop.
So you still haven't found the right one.
Sounds ok to me.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #4535 on: August 10, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »

So not a playboy.
So you give a relationship a chance to develop.
So you still haven't found the right one.
Sounds ok to me.

No, I'm definetly not a playboy type. I honestly wanted for that relationship to work out but am still happy to have her as a friend. No ill feelings are between us, unlike the last one. That was an effin' disaster.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #4537 on: August 11, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  :unsure:

I hope you find your perfect match someday. :-)

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-search-for-man-who-tried-to-have-sex-with-a-dog-in-sydneys-west-20150810-givq2p.html

You know, I once read a book about the early pilgrims that this post just brought back to my mind. A man was caught having intercourse with his cow, horse, chicken, dog, sheep, goat and turkey. The villagers lined up the animals and killed each one in front of the freak and then hanged him.

In short, people are messed up and it's a waste of space and money to let the extremely messed up ones live.(imo)
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #4538 on: August 11, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
And another happiness disabler... I'm in deep debt, and to fix that I transfered money from my savings account. Which is now almost empty. Let's put it like this. I can't buy an AOS starter box with the money I have in my savings account. Even if I wanted to.
I need money fast. I'm thinking of either selling all my bitz or my mtg collections. Which should I do? Tips? Tricks not to stay poor?

Many's a man has had to make a quick coin down the quay at Marienburg. There is no shame in it, Syphon. I know a man, who knows a man who can get you set up. Pop into the Salty Sailor at midnight, on the morrow'. Ask for a seaman by the name of 'Lilly'.

My only serious advice is don't be one of these guys who buys money at high rates of pay back, the likes of 'Wonga' in the UK as an example. You will end up way worse off. As the above posters have said, beans on toast for a month.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4539 on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
Many's a man has had to make a quick coin down the quay at Marienburg. There is no shame in it, Syphon. I know a man, who knows a man who can get you set up. Pop into the Salty Sailor at midnight, on the morrow'. Ask for a seaman by the name of 'Lilly'.

Not quite sure, if Syphon is prepared to look for back-alley work yet. Not everyone is suited for a career as a rentboy.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4540 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »

Not quite sure, if Syphon is prepared to look for back-alley work yet. Not everyone is suited for a career as a rentboy.

Hah. Not that kind of man, sorry. I can translate for you in 4 languages, though. A few more of you count rudimentary language skills too.
I can even read and speak a couple of dead languages. Trust me, when you travel through time you will need me.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4541 on: August 11, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »
why dont you get a job as a court interpreter then, that pays really well and they are always looking for translators.

Work hard and be nice to people, thats the key.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4542 on: August 11, 2015, 09:33:52 PM »
Or airports. My family works many different jobs at various airports and their always looking for translators for one department or another. Out of curiosity what languages?

Also in regards to the above back alley sailor discussion, someone needs to congratulate you on having a good tongue.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #4543 on: August 13, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
Having recently returned from Vienna, where I became horribly addicted to Topfenstrudel (mitt vanillesauce), I have only just realised it is not available anywhere in Northern Ireland. I am, at this point, utterly devastated beyond words.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #4544 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »
Can't you just make some?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #4545 on: August 14, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »
Ah, Austrians and their desserts. Great stuff.

Can't you just make some?

I think that would be difficult. However, if Alexis' baking skills match his painting skills...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:50:27 PM by Gneisenau »

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4546 on: August 14, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »

I hate working hard. And I hate being nice. So there goes my chance at getting a job.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4547 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »
Depends on the job, really. For instance, Trump is applying for a job too....
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4548 on: August 14, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »

I hate working hard. And I hate being nice. So there goes my chance at getting a job.

Then there is little hope for you.
Are you voting for corbyn? Good luck on the dole for the next ten years for tory power.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4549 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »
re-nationalising trains, yes please!!!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.