home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537440 times)

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #4725 on: November 29, 2015, 01:33:26 AM »
The veterinary told us that no cat had ever been able to get rid of this suit. I request a name change for mine - Mr Houdini only needed 7 hours and 18 minutes to free himself  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4726 on: November 29, 2015, 09:26:06 AM »
Speaking about no cat:

A cat has one tail more than no cat.
No cat has 8 tails.
Therefore, a cat has nine tails.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #4727 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »
The veterinary told us that no cat had ever been able to get rid of this suit. I request a name change for mine - Mr Houdini only needed 7 hours and 18 minutes to free himself  :icon_rolleyes:

Sounds like he's one, skilled badass. ;)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #4728 on: November 29, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »
Yesterday one of our cats died. She was hit by a car and killed instantly.
Only 1,5 years old leaving us and her twin-sister behind to be in a better world..
 :icon_cry:

R.I.P. Arya

My sincerest condolences,  friend. :cry:

I'm in the same boat as well.

The day after Thanksgiving my black cat, Buddy, expired from a unknown ailment. He was a large fluff ball that was sweet and lazy as they come. He also has a twin and the only way to tell the two glorified pillows apart was that Buddy had a short tail due to losing most of it as a kitten. (We found them abandoned in a dump.)

The family is really feeling the lose of our good Buddy. :unsure:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4729 on: November 29, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
Only 1,5 years old leaving us and her twin-sister behind to be in a better world..

R.I.P. Arya

The day after Thanksgiving my black cat, Buddy, expired from a unknown ailment. He was a large fluff ball that was sweet and lazy as they come. He also has a twin and the only way to tell the two glorified pillows apart was that Buddy had a short tail due to losing most of it as a kitten. (We found them abandoned in a dump.)

My condolences Baron. Buddy sounded like a great cat and a true friend. Sorry for your loss man. :cry:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4730 on: November 29, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »

R.I.P. Arya

My condolences as well!
Our 2 you could tell apart by the tail also, Abby our other cat has a small white point on the end (our lantern cat). If you knew them really well you could also tell by the build of the head, Arya's was a bit pointier and the cypress markings were a little different.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4731 on: December 08, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Is it selfish to be upset with someone who was suppose to plan your bachelor party but instead he planned a trip to Thailand to see his girlfriend?  Mind you he knew he had to plan the party LONG before he came up with the scheme to go to Thailand?  So is it selfish of me to be upset that he's being selfish?
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #4732 on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
No, not at all. I think you are perfectly right.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4733 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
Sounds like a legit reason to me. It's understandable that sometimes life gets in the way, but there's limits to that.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4734 on: December 08, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »
Trip to Thailand to see his girlfriend huh. I feel kinda bad for him.

But of course he's being an asshole to you. Sorry man. You're right to be pissed.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4735 on: December 09, 2015, 02:49:01 AM »
x2

Sounds like you need a new best man FFH! Sorry to hear that's happening. You have every right to be mad.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4736 on: December 12, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »
Is it selfish to be upset with someone who was suppose to plan your bachelor party but instead he planned a trip to Thailand to see his girlfriend?  Mind you he knew he had to plan the party LONG before he came up with the scheme to go to Thailand?  So is it selfish of me to be upset that he's being selfish?

He screwed up. As a friend he should know better.

Gneisenau

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #4737 on: December 12, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »
I'd say it really depends on how he approached it with you.

I think it's unreasonable to expect that he would put his (obviously not ideal) relationship situation at a lower priority than your bachelor party. I mean, it's not your wedding, right? It's just a bachelor party.

On the other hand, if he's committed to planning this, then it's shitty to pull out.

In my opinion, there's a world of difference between "Yo dude! Got a better offer, so I'm not planning your Bachelor do anymore!" and "Yo dude, I'm really sorry, but I have this opportunity to actually spend some time with my girlfriend, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to plan the Bachelor Party".

Finally, it is NEVER selfish to feel upset about stuff. Feelings are feelings, yo. But perhaps it's helpful to talk with your friend about how you *feel*, rather than framing things in terms of how you (rightly) think he's dropping the ball on his obligations.

Something that you will almost certainly be confronted with at least a handful of times as the wedding gets closer, is the fact that nobody else gives, or can be expected to give, the same amount of fucks about your wedding as you do. There absolutely will be situations where stuff that is very important to you seems like "no big deal" to friends. And it's important to recognise that this doesn't make them arseholes, and it doesn't make your priorities selfish.

As always, communication is really important. I think that talking to your friend about how you feel is probably more constructive than asking a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet whether your friend is being an arsehole or not.

(And I really don't mean that last sentence as passive-aggressively as it probably comes across).

TALK TO HIM!!!
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4738 on: December 13, 2015, 08:18:30 PM »
Its my brother so there is the blood aspect of it.  Originally his girlfriend was going to fly out for the wedding and the plan was for him to plan the party sometime in December or early January.  Once his Girlfriend's visa was denied he threw away all plans for the party to plan a trip to Thailand with her for 3 weeks, returning when college starts.  Which means when he returns he cant leave to come down until the wedding.  I met with him in July and August to discuss what I'd like in the party (I am not suppose to be apart of the planning, its meant to be like a surprise party) and reminded him in September and October to get with the guys and plan it out, which he barley did according to the guests.  Once the visa was rejected in late November he just threw the party planning on the back burner and planned the trip.  Then trying to plan the party after the trip no one is available the one day he is.

If it was just a friend I wouldn't be mad so much but its my brother.  It hurts that he waited last minute to throw a party (which he said he wanted to do back in July) for me and then just scrapped it.  Could have planned the party then planned the trip or even planned out the party and handed the reigns off to someone else to carry out his plans.

At this point I don't want to go off on him as I want him to enjoy his trip and wish no ill will toward him when he's on travel.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4739 on: December 13, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »
One moral of the story: don't assume mail order brides will arrive on schedule. There can always be a problem with customs.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #4740 on: December 14, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
Well, the sun has set before 3pm again. Winters are too dark in northern Sweden. :mellow:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4741 on: December 14, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »
Well, the sun has set before 3pm again. Winters are too dark in northern Sweden. :mellow:

I wish I could live there. I love that kind of weather.

Gneisenau

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #4742 on: December 14, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
Wanna switch? I hate it more than most things.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4743 on: December 14, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
Wanna switch? I hate it more than most things.

Deal! I'd be in heaven. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #4744 on: January 06, 2016, 09:10:03 PM »
So I just watched the 2011 Conan movie. I gotta say it's pretty shitty and doesn't feel a whole lot at all like the original Robert E. Howard Conan people have been saying it is.

Time to watch the superior 1982 version again.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4745 on: January 07, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
So I just watched the 2011 Conan movie. I gotta say it's pretty shitty and doesn't feel a whole lot at all like the original Robert E. Howard Conan people have been saying it is.

Time to watch the superior 1982 version again.

Superior for sure, but the 2011 one wasn't that bad. I'm a huge fan of Howard and thought that Jason Momoa wasn't really bad. Hell, he was probably more true to the original vision of the Cymmerian that Arnie was.

Gneisenau

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #4746 on: January 07, 2016, 10:27:03 AM »
Superior for sure, but the 2011 one wasn't that bad. I'm a huge fan of Howard and thought that Jason Momoa wasn't really bad. Hell, he was probably more true to the original vision of the Cymmerian that Arnie was.
It was pretty standard hollywood action schlock. Watchable and forgettable.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #4747 on: January 07, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
I just thought that Momoa seemed like a douche compared to Arnold who appeared more stoic than Momoa.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4748 on: January 07, 2016, 02:01:53 PM »
I just thought that Momoa seemed like a douche compared to Arnold who appeared more stoic than Momoa.

Momoa WAS a douche, that was his whole point. He was more of a mercenary, than a noble savage. Again, that's like Howard portrayed Conan in his first books.

Gneisenau

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #4749 on: January 07, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »
I dunno, I don't picture Conan sneering a whole lot in the old stories like Momoa did. In the early stories Conan really has a more earnest attitude to contrast civilised people who are the real douches in Howard's stories, because Howard thought that civilisation makes people decadent. Howard used Conan to imply that a person without civilisation wouldn't have pretensions about his place in the world and would therefore be without decadence.