home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258391 times)

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1125 on: September 23, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
You haven’t heard the best! Teclis is now a god of the Idoneth Deepkin - almost chaos elves who reep souls to survive. Dark and light elves are mostly allies under malekith, Tyrion is a god as well and has a faction but I can’t think of which one. All will be explained and condensed in the new CoS tome. Can’t wait.
It’s all change.

Tyrion is blind now, and he's a god of illumination for the Light Elves, a theoretical faction hinted at, but not revealed yet. One thing I was excited about was the "command squad" approach to generals they did with the Ossiarch mortarch. A single base with three or four minis, and you'd need to fight them all before fighting the big man.

I think it's a cool approach and it would fit the Empire very well. I'm actually making a "command squad" on a single base for my Blazing Sun Grandmaster (after realising that my Panther Grandmaster looks way cooler on his gryph-charger, and I needed something to make the GM big B stand out more...). But we're not getting it. And no new general either of any kind, even though it was kinda hinted at by the removal of the general on horseback. It was a good horsey. Sic transit.

I'm hating all of this. At least the guy on the cover is as Empire as it gets.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1126 on: September 23, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/22/coming-soon-middle-earth-mortal-realms-and-more/

Preorder 28th Septmber!!!

2 new startersets too aid it

and in lesser news updated orruks battletome, combining Bonesplitters and Ironjaws

and a compendium rule book for matched play

(also one for 40k)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 01:02:44 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1127 on: September 23, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
So ... looks like they are at least keeping the great sword kit for now.

I noticed that state troops, crossbows, handgunners, outriders, and pistoliers are all still available to order currently as well.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1128 on: September 23, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
This is awesome news!
Can’t wait.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1129 on: September 23, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »
So not a single new miniature? ..

• Members

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1132 on: September 23, 2019, 06:44:35 PM »
inside info on the battletome!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/23/faction-focus-cities-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-4/

Again, love this. I can almost use everything I have. Not sure about the elf thing yet. To much focus on the dark elf faction which I loath. Happiness in wfb was seeing the dark elves utterly massacred without mercy.

The amount of conversion that can happen is unbelievable
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:09:43 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1133 on: September 23, 2019, 07:05:25 PM »
Building an army from this mess screams for a 'counts as' approach to get some visual coherence at least.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1134 on: September 23, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »
So not a single new miniature? ...
Imagine if we were avid Bretonnian players. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1135 on: September 23, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
So not a single new miniature? ...
Imagine if we were avid Bretonnian players. :icon_wink:

I imagine I would be disappointed either way ..

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1136 on: September 23, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »
Not only not a single new miniatures for Freeguild, but Even The zoom picks on Freeguild soldiers are from the 7th ed armybook. Maybe no change is good news?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #1137 on: September 24, 2019, 08:42:42 AM »

So it looks like state troops, handgunners/crossbowmen, demis, flagellants, greatswords, outriders and the stank are safe for now. I've also seen the hellblaster in some of the online pictures, so I assume it is in the book too.

The general on foot was also spared but I can't seem to find the wizards?

To be honest at this point I am pretty shocked that any of those kits are still around. I am certain that GW will dump all of it, as soon as they produce a more "regular" human faction to go along the stormcasts.

Start collecting boxes are nice. The Greywater Fastness makes me want to revisit the Dwarf army idea I had a while ago. The only model I dislike is the wonky looking engineer, the runelord would be more prefferable but oh well.

I am wondering if we're gonna see a "Start Collecting" for the empire troops as well. Not holding my breath, but would be cool. What would you guys see in it? There seems to be 4 kits in each of these, all adding up to around 100 quid.

"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1138 on: September 24, 2019, 03:21:43 PM »
I'm very interested to see the steam tank as a battleline (Troop equivalent) choice. Could lead to some real interesting look armies.

I think you'll be able to get a lot of uniformity with a good colour scheme. The Empire afterall at once point at dwarves, hobbits, ogres, humans and more all in one army list and people really liked it.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1139 on: September 24, 2019, 03:28:34 PM »
I'm very interested to see the steam tank as a battleline (Troop equivalent) choice. Could lead to some real interesting look armies.

I think you'll be able to get a lot of uniformity with a good colour scheme. The Empire afterall at once point at dwarves, hobbits, ogres, humans and more all in one army list and people really liked it.

Love it👆
I have 2 steam tanks ready to go. This has me as excited as the gloomspite tome
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1140 on: September 24, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?page=1315&tab=comments#comment-372483

This was posted at the War of Sigmar site in the commens about CoS,

Norrikan: Supposedly Cities of Sigmar is a passion project of one of the designers who has pushed for this project for a good while now, while GW had very little interest in doing that.

Mind you, I've heard that second hand from one of the guys at a convention, so take that with a grain (or a pile) of salt.

BramGaunt: I can pretty much confirm that. He basically wrote the thing himself and presented a 80% finished book to GW, all they did was edit and add some artwork.

Norrikan:That aligns well with what I've heard, yeah. Apparently he also had to cash in some favors to get this approved?

It makes a little bit of sense, as CoS is the first battletome in 2.0 that didn't receive something new. Terrain / single character or unit.

If that is true, than I guess you can forget about ever getting a normal human faction for AoS, let alone any new such miniatures.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2019, 07:00:35 PM »
Wow, if that is true, bada bing, bada boom, ... except ... didn't they come out with a bunch of new dwarf figures recently?  I don't know, not sure I'm convinced they'd give up on humans nor dwarfs nor elfs, it just doesn't seem to make sense.  They probably have other priorities, maybe there is even some sort of market study that claims humans, dwarfs and elfs wouldn't sell?  Bah, if there is.  Course with me, depends on the look and the price.  When I can get cool looking figures from Fireforge at a decent price, to make human armies for the Border Princes, lets hope GW does something cool with humans for W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »
https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?page=1315&tab=comments#comment-372483

This was posted at the War of Sigmar site in the commens about CoS,

Norrikan: Supposedly Cities of Sigmar is a passion project of one of the designers who has pushed for this project for a good while now, while GW had very little interest in doing that.

Mind you, I've heard that second hand from one of the guys at a convention, so take that with a grain (or a pile) of salt.

BramGaunt: I can pretty much confirm that. He basically wrote the thing himself and presented a 80% finished book to GW, all they did was edit and add some artwork.

Norrikan:That aligns well with what I've heard, yeah. Apparently he also had to cash in some favors to get this approved?

It makes a little bit of sense, as CoS is the first battletome in 2.0 that didn't receive something new. Terrain / single character or unit.

If that is true, than I guess you can forget about ever getting a normal human faction for AoS, let alone any new such miniatures.

I have to say that’s a disappointing arrival at this decision
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2019, 10:04:39 PM »
it has everything to do with how it takes off, high sells than we will get more humans
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »
Like Zak says. If it does well then GW will see the easy bucks to be made and dive in. I don't think they'd ever scrap humans entirely, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them as a low priority compared to pumping out the new 'image' of the universe.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2019, 11:34:55 PM »
@zak and gankom : good point. No need for negativity.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1146 on: September 25, 2019, 03:11:52 AM »
Positiveness, eh?  Hmmm ... Fireforge, here we go to the Border Princes! :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :icon_mrgreen:

• Members
« Reply #1147 on: September 25, 2019, 06:41:58 AM »
I don't care how it came to be and to be honest I don't mind having no new models at this point in time also.. I don't have Aelves or Duardin so plenty "new" stuff to dive into to make a city army that I like!

As for the Designer being the one pushing it.. I thing he will have had help from Peachy as he actually made this army his own already with all the cool conversions and stuff and showed it numerous times on Twitches WarhammerTV.

Anyway I'm just glad I can finally take my Empire of the shelf and play with them as a full fledged army in AoS instead of having them as some half baked add-on

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1148 on: September 25, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
Not sure how no new miniatures will drive any sales to the faction though.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1149 on: September 25, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
Not sure how no new miniatures will drive any sales to the faction though.

If the rules are good, they may see a surge in sales. Also, maybe us puffy hat lovers will create our own Free City and so and such.

Seraphon have kept on being fairly popular in tournaments and apparently kids like dinosaurs so...