home

Author Topic: Hobby Goals 2022 !!!  (Read 1952 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Hobby Goals 2022 !!!
« on: January 10, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »
So what are your hobby goals for 2022 :icon_question:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

For me ... to start with ...

1.  Back to this from 2021 ... get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible.

2.  Finalize my hobby website so I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here.

3.  Base ... my finished in 2021 mounted crossbowmen.

4.  Finish the 2021 project that got started ... unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff.

5.  Play as many miniature games than 2022 as I did in 2021 ... 26 total.

6.  Play at least 1 board game solitaire, and equal my 2021 countforf in person board games of 7.

7.  Continue painting 28mm Napoleonic cav, start horse artillery, and continue getting the infantry painted by a painter in Canada.

8.  Develop a Campaign-In-A-Day for Snappy Nappy ... the North Flank of 1812 Russian Campaign.

That's more than a few to get started doing! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:44:12 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Re: Hobby Goals 2022 !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:46:38 PM »
Oh dear...

I think my ambition is to try and "finish" my Oathmark army and at least one crew for Stargrave.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:18:47 AM »
Keeping it simple could be good! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 09:33:40 PM »
Wrapping up my Dark elves this year, maybe expanding them up to 4k... Got plenty to paint, Orcs and Goblins, High Elves and Dwarfs so just going to go with whatever I feel like after one year of only painting Dark elves xD

Having another child this summer so painting time will go down I suspect. But really looking forward to having another child. And every child needs a painted warhammer army to play with, right? ;D  :-D :-D :-D

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:59 PM »
I like your reasoning ... and so it time to get started before the new one arrives! :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 05:23:31 AM »
Scored an extra blister of Grail Pilgrims today......AND a Tzarina Katrine
I'll throw the Tzarina into the ever-growing-never-ending Empire army and i just cant say 'no' to more filthy mud farmers for the Brets

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 03:46:21 PM »
That's awesome. There is just something about the old metal models that the new stuff can't touch.

My goal for the next few months is to keep working through my Gravelords. The end is in sight!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »
It only just dawned on me that she's clearly a nod to Catharine the great

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 08:02:31 AM »
I like to get these goals done this year.

- Finish the current models I have for my Death Guard.

- Open goal: Get working on my T'au army as the new codex will be up for preorder tomorrow, so just to get stuff done for a (semi?)competitive 2k army.

Anything else is a bonus!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 11:41:47 AM »
It's the half way point ... Update Time!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

For me ... to start with ...

1.  Back to this from 2021 ... get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible (been minimal progress here on a unit of 12 archers).

2.  Finalize my hobby website so I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here (nothing so far)

3.  Base ... my finished in 2021 mounted crossbowmen (uh oh).

4.  Finish the 2021 project that got started ... unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff (uh oh again).

5.  Play as many miniature games than 2022 as I did in 2021 ... 26 total (in progress, at 18 so far, so on the ride road).

6.  Play at least 1 board game solitaire, and equal my 2021 count for in person board games of 7.

7.  Continue painting 28mm Napoleonic cav, start horse artillery, and continue getting the infantry painted by a painter in Canada 1 unit of French Chasseurs almost complete, 2nd unit in progress too, 1 unit of Russian Hussars primed, several infantry units received from Canada, there will be more done on this.

8.  Develop a Campaign-In-A-Day for Snappy Nappy ... the North Flank of 1812 Russian Campaign (work has progressed on this recently and more to go in time for October}.

Beyond this ... lots of effort has been put into upgrading, painting, and basing tons of medieval figures, cahcoo!

How's your progress :icon_question:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 09:16:08 AM »
With 2022 gone past ... how things worked out ...

1.  Back to this from 2021 ... get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible (been minimal progress here on a unit of 12 archers), excpet beyond that nohting.

2.  Finalize my hobby website so I can start hosting my own pictures on it, and posting pictures here nothing done on this.

3.  Base ... my finished in 2021 mounted crossbowmen ... bingo!  And I finished a unit of Genovese crossbows on foot ... tada!.

4.  Finish the 2021 project that got started ... unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff (uh oh, nothing on this, although lots of reorganizing in the hobby room).

5.  Play as many miniature games than 2022 as I did in 2021 ... achieved ... 26 total ... cahcoo!

6.  Play at least 1 board game solitaire, and equal my 2021 count for in person board games of 7 no solitaire, and only 5 otherwise.

7.  Continue painting 28mm Napoleonic cav, start horse artillery, and continue getting the infantry painted by a painter in Canada 1 unit of French Chasseurs almost complete, 2nd unit in progress too, 1 unit of Russian Hussars primed, several infantry units received from Canada, but that's where it ended.

8.  Develop a Campaign-In-A-Day for Snappy Nappy ... the North Flank of 1812 Russian Campaign development finished, event completed![/b]

Beyond this ... lots of effort has been put into upgrading, painting, and basing tons of medieval figures.

Not a bad year overall, and hopefully 2023 can be an improvement over this.

How did your progress go :icon_question:

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 09:41:16 AM »
I am happy to say that I finished all of my Soulblight Gravelords, and am now moving on to the heroes from the Cursed City box as well as some others.

And over the past summer, I got a chance to finish a pirate-themed board that I've been wanting to do for some time. All in all, a very productive 2022.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 01:03:59 PM »
That looks great!

Are you planning to bring the game to any game conventions in 2023?

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 01:06:43 PM »
That is a really sweet board. I wish I made the time to do these things from scratch but I can barely get models painted let alone finish the terrain for them.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 01:19:22 PM »
Thanks! One of the great benefits of having summers free. Time for hobbying and gaming, among other things.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 06:21:18 AM »
I need to get around to posting some of the models I painted.

I painted an entire Octarius Kill Team set.
Death Guard Kill Team (6 Plague Marines, 8 Poxwalkers)
Black Templar Assault Intercessor kill team (6 Black Templar Assault Intercessors)

2022 Goals

Jan-Feb
4 Alternate models for my Assault Intercessor Kill Team
Assembled and ready for priming

3 Alternate models for Deathguard Kill Team
Assembled and ready for priming

I hope to Paint an entire 2000 point Black Templar Army by the summer this year.  Because this is a hobby and it's sidelined for work, Jiu Jitsu, Hockey, Motorcycling, Travel and vacations, I doubt I'm going to achieve the goal, but I'll give it a go and hope for the best.

Kid's projects:
Kill Team Chalnath Terrain Set
90% Cleaned - Needs Assembly
(Kids will prime and paint)

Cleaned 12 Adepta Sororitas Novitiate Kill team models
(Kids will assemble, Prime and Paint)

2 Kill Team Into the Dark Terrain Sets Need to be assembled for both Kill Team and future 40K boarding action games. 

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 02:34:08 PM »
Grutch ... are you talking 2022 or 2023 :icon_question:

And here's the thread for 2023 ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=55940.0