home

Author Topic: What Websites Are You Using For The Warhammer Hobby These Days ?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
A question from Zymund ...

And which other fora people use for their Warhammer/Empire hobby these days? I guess Facebook would come out big. Of course you would first need to chart what (active) social media channels there are.

What websites are you using for the Warhammer hobby these days :icon_question:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:36:42 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
    • https://www.facebook.com/michael.stockin.18/
Re: What Websites Are You Using For The Warhammer Hobby These Days ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 08:39:26 PM »
I have my own generic forum for wargames in general, I post all my Warhammery stuff there on the fantasy boards.
There are a few other people that post Warhammer but tbh over there it is mostly me, if anyone wanted to come over and help spread the word that would be great.
There are plenty of people there that used to be into GW and Padre posts his game reports there...

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
    • https://www.facebook.com/michael.stockin.18/
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 08:31:17 AM »
I also delete any spam that makes it past the antispam features pretty quickly.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 08:11:30 PM »
If anything a lot of my online hobby time has lessened, and also spread out over a wider variety of places.

I hate facebook, so avoid there. But I do use Discord and am part of a really thriving Fantasy server. There's several hundred active people there, although chat tends to move fast so I can imagine its not everyones cup of tea.

I also have my own play by post D&D forum that was mostly for games with buddies, but it also naturally started to include a fair bit of general warhammer talk. That tends to be where I'm discussing things with a closer circle of friends.

Its very 40k/competitive focused, but when I want my daily fix of warhamms I tend to read through the articles on Goonhammer (https://www.goonhammer.com/). They do a bunch of really interesting write ups. On the ongoing meta of gaming, data collection, etc. And they've been taking some awesome steps to diversify what kind of games they deal with. So nowadays there's often articles on X-Wing, Star Wars, historicals, Malifaux, etc. I strongly recomend it for anyone interested in a daily dose of warhammer reading.