home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258387 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #550 on: January 11, 2017, 03:51:39 PM »
TGA is scrambling that the new rumour is for Devoted of Sigmar, together with an earlier show of a tail..

Maybe some demigryph mounted with hunter type
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #551 on: January 11, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »
Indeed, looking through all the guesses I'm betting Devoted back-up from the Auxiliary chamber.

It'd make sense due to the possible time-skip of the story and the established cities and civilizations have grown. Alot more men on the ground and territories to cover and the armies of Stormcast can't be everywhere at once so will have to rely on the Freeguild and Devoted more and more.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #552 on: January 12, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

and a new AoS book too :

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/city-of-secrets.html

City of Secrets

A Legends of the Age of Sigmar novel

In the city of Excelsis, in the heart of the Realm of Beasts, Corporal Armand Callis of the city watch stumbles upon a dark secret and finds himself hunted, with just a witch hunter for companionship.

READ IT BECAUSE

It's an in depth look at life in a city of the Mortal Realms coupled with a rip-roaring tale of action and adventure, not to mention a most intriguing mystery, as you might expect of the City of Secrets…

THE STORY
Excelsis is the city of secrets, a grand and imposing bastion of civilisation in the savage Realm of Beasts. Within its winding streets and shadowy back alleys, merchants deal in rawprophecy mined from an ancient fragment of the World That Was, and even the poorest man may earn a glimpse of the future. Yet not all such prophecies can be trusted. When Corporal Armand Callis of the city guard stumbles upon a dark secret, he finds himself on the run from his former comrades, framed for a crime he did not commit. Only the Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll knows the truth of his innocence. Together the pair must race against time to save Excelsis from a cataclysm that would drown the city in madness and fear.

Written by Nick Horth

They're having a chat with Nick Horth on Warhammer TV on Twitch as I type, and this book sounds like essential reading for the Freeguild fans.  If you're not watching now, try and watch this bit on demand.

• Members
« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
 :Ohmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nWv_WcpUZA

talk is that this one is a familiar for 40k psykers
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:57:56 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #554 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:45 PM »
Well that's obviously a 40k model.  And that rumour engine of the tail from a couple of weeks ago now looks to be the Gyrinx, and not new Gryph-hounds  unfortunately

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #555 on: January 16, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »

My friend Shinros gave a small review of the new novel "City of Secrets".

City of secrets overview (I am not going to detail the whole story I will more or less try and put down how people live in the city, what it is like etc and what I liked about it sooo spoilers of course) 

Spoiler: 

Right I just want to say I loved this novel and I personally felt if you read the previous novels you would have more understanding of the situation surrounding those born in native realms controlled by chaos and ayzerites. Also fence sitters this will tip you over. Now the main character Callis is a reclaimed pretty much his mother was a native born of the realm of ghur while his dad was from ayzr. Even so he is seen as reclaimed(reclaimed are what people from ayzr call people who were born outside of it) hell his uncle did not want his dad to marry his mother because people from ayzr view natives from other realms as possibly "tainted" and their blood. Since they lived without sigmar's light for so long and the mortal realms were essentially controlled by chaos. 

Now the book opens with the majority of the stormcast, 7 free guild regiments out of 10 and church militant marching out of Excelsis to make war on an orruk warboss, this warboss has been troubling the city for some time now and through the shards gathered from the piece of the core of the warhammer world that's speared into the coast of the city(It's called the Spear of Mallus. Also this is a coastal city built on the coast of tusks. Right so prophesiers guild handles the prophecy and they work through the Collegiate(Battle mages), then right on the next page you meet Callis and his squad(he is part of the 3 remaining regiments staying in the city) staring at the marching stormcast. The stormcast that garrison the city are the Knight's Excelsior. (The most zealous against chaos out of the stormhosts) 

They have a down to earth funny conversation wondering if sigmar's stormcasts actually eat like normal people and one of callis squadmates noted that someone told him that he saw a cart of salted meat being dragged up to their tower one day, while another guardsman disagree's and says that stormcasts actually eat lightning.  Now if you read the previous novels you should know that they eat like normal people and need to sleep like normal people but to the common man they are like demi gods or "angels" or sigmar's will made manifest. I think it's a nice starting point to the story. 

Now the oldest member of Callis squad who is much more older than him chided the younger members telling them that the "White angels" the knights excelsior are no "fairy-tale" knights and that there have been "purges" in the past lead by the white reaper who is the lord Veritant that leads the storm chamber of the city. (His tower is not a pretty place at all where the stormcast hang out). Anyway Callis ends the discussion and begins their squads patrol and they made note that he has a pistol and most people would rather have Duardin made pistols since they can stand being wet and still function properly. 

Now here is a bit where they start blending low and high fantasy somewhat

It's just that most guildsmen would never have enough funds to afford one. So they begin their patrol in the city when they begin to enter the slums they made note that their general has said not to patrol the slums (It's called the veils in the book also they don't have a proper sewage system yuck) but Callis disagree's and notes that's their patrol route. There are tons of houses well poor housing in the slums because of how many people are coming to the city to settle or find their fortune, While walking past they see a reclaimed almost half dazed with tons of tiny auguries around him. (It's what they call the pieces from from the Spear of Mallus)

The female member of Callis squad(She is from ayzr) makes a snide remark about how if reclaimed saved their money(Currency is called glimmerings) to make a better living for themselves instead of using it on tiny pieces of auguries they would be out of the slum and how small pieces amount to nothing than a good feeling in your gut or winning you a card game. Of course she then realizes what she said and apologizes to Callis. (Heck there is worst racism in the noble sector most reclaimed are not even allowed anywhere near there) 

Right so then they come across the thing that Callis is not meant to see I won't say anymore on the story bit here want to keep a few surprises if you plan to read the book. After that event happens we move to our witch hunter from the order of ayzr and he has a lot of authority if he reveals his occupation and badge of office. The witch hunter and his companion who is a duardin with one eye are watching people on the docks which are controlled by the aelf Mafi- I mean scourge privateers. They own them and normally people don't like to go there or mess around because as we all know they skin people who get on their bad side. 

They are watching people going about their day now image a whfb city everyone is working on the docks like normal doing well normal things until they then describe the kind of things captains catch and sell wyre-sharks that are big enough to devour 5 people whole a bird like water beast that can fly and swim and they go on to explain that captains have to use their glimmerings on prophecy to find good catches but also make sure they have enough money to pay their crew so they have to strike a balance. They also make note that there are aelf(since they own it and capture the most stuff), duardin and humans working on the docks. One thing I like is how the races are not segregated but live together and work together in various ways which feels realistic and also blending in that AOS feel. 

The noble quarter? They note many of the things built there are made of marble and there are half naked figures serving people, with tons of statues of sigmar and saints of sigmar. Most pure blooded ayzrites live there of course and control the most important aspects of the city even reclaimed joining the free guild army they are looked down upon and find it hard to get promotions. They also note that there are Duardin in the noble quarter as well. 

Now on the White reaper? There has been purges in the past and he is pretty much the saint of them, the stormcast tower where they hang out? I shall describe it, the tower is called the Consecralium the tower looms over the city so everyone can see it most of the older population remember the purge and use stories of the "white reaper" to make sure their children behave and remain pious that's how bad it was. Now the tower does not look like a holy place of sorts but it's imposing and there are mini dark portals with ballistae sticking out. They also note that screams come from it sometimes. 

Another note that freeguild regiments NOW have female and male members so people who like to convert? Go nuts, also some are more pious than others some have their weapons and soldiers blessed by priests everyday and some are named after famous stormcast like the Iron bulls of Tarsus(RIP). 

Right that's as much as I will put down I hope this is good enough for people.

And some sites with more Tzeentch pics:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/warhammer-fantasy-general-thread.333032/page-248

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/4500/690078.page

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
It's the next book I get 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #557 on: January 19, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
I've finished reading City of Secrets.  it's probably my favourite of the AoS novels I've read so far, since it is from the human point of view. 

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »
New Tzeench book review! I think I'm gonna rebase my tzeench army so it's viable in 40k as well. Spreads the wealth!

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:37:57 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2017, 02:15:30 AM »
Great review! And the rest of the blog is cool too.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #560 on: January 21, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »
Love this guys bolg for sure. Apparently he has over 70000 points of AoS
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #561 on: January 23, 2017, 12:59:51 AM »

Pfft, points.
How many wounds is that?
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #562 on: January 23, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »

Pfft, points.
How many wounds is that?

Ha! Good point. How about lots 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2017, 12:10:04 AM »
Oh ho, those are really good. I'm thinking of kitbashing some with Liberator parts for a "squire" look.

I am surprised it was the vanguard chamber revealed, I really thought we'd be seeing the auxiliary chamber for protecting the new territories.

Also, there are soooo many people going to backflip for a separate Gryph-hound release. :biggriin:

The terms "cavalrymen" and Gryph-chargers definitely perked up my interest.
They bring with them loyal beasts of the Celestial Realm, some familiar, like the Gryph-hound, and some we have never seen before, like the Aetherwing and the formidable Gryph-chargers (more on those very soon).

Another thing,  heard on the Dakka forum that the liberators and judicators boxes are going to be temporarily withdrawn. Maybe price reductions?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2017, 12:29:15 AM »
Quote Baron Von Klatz - The terms "cavalrymen" and Gryph-chargers definitely perked up my interest.

You too eh? Same here. I like the gryph hound group. Still thinking of a way to work that cat in from the  eldar release.

Seems to me that it's a good time to start a stormcast army 😺
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:40:08 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2017, 12:42:27 AM »
Maybe have them acting like dogs chasing the cat up a Sylvaneth?  :-D

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2017, 01:37:19 AM »
Ha!Ha!
That's a good idea.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »
You too eh? Same here. I like the gryph hound group. Still thinking of a way to work that cat in from the  eldar release.

Agreed. Too cool to not use somehow.

• Members
« Reply #569 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:59 AM »
Oh ho, those are really good. I'm thinking of kitbashing some with Liberator parts for a "squire" look.

I am surprised it was the vanguard chamber revealed, I really thought we'd be seeing the auxiliary chamber for protecting the new territories.

Also, there are soooo many people going to backflip for a separate Gryph-hound release. :biggriin:

The terms "cavalrymen" and Gryph-chargers definitely perked up my interest.
They bring with them loyal beasts of the Celestial Realm, some familiar, like the Gryph-hound, and some we have never seen before, like the Aetherwing and the formidable Gryph-chargers (more on those very soon).

Another thing,  heard on the Dakka forum that the liberators and judicators boxes are going to be temporarily withdrawn. Maybe price reductions?

Judicators are already Sold out - no longer available, they might get an update sprue for those "scouts" is the word on TGA

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
I've heard regarding Judictators, and Liberators (Which are also no longer available)

Rebox with 10 for the price of slightly less than 2x5.
Box of 5 that can build either Liberators or Judicators.
And now Box that can make Judicators or rangers. 

Not all of those can be true.  I think the last one is the least plausible from the style of the new rangers they show in the pictures

*edit, I've just checked and Liberators are still available.  They weren't yesterday*

• Members
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »
I doubt the rebox thing also. unless those scouts need to come per 10.. but all (normal footslogging) units go per 5, so I doubt it

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members

• Members
« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2017, 05:34:31 PM »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »
Right on the heals of the book City of Secrets which is turning out to be pretty awesome. Lots of that old world feel in the surroundings and the mix of selves, duardin and humans. 
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020