home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 72120 times)

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2020, 09:15:16 AM »
Week 1:
May 1st:
I continued working on my Warcry Warband, some undead. The necromancer is almost finished, as are some extra skellies.
I might look after and an other ghost like figure, to make the difference in troop types.

May 3th:
I worked a little further on my Warcry warband, it is coming along nicely. Slow but steady.
I also went through some miniatures, to look after some ghost type figures...

May 5th:
I finished 5 undead figures of the Warband, 5 more to go which are in different states of painting.
I also made a 1000points Age Of Sigmar list, with Goblins & Trolls.

Week 2:
May 8th:
The mail-man arrived with some nice goodies. Some Freebooter miniatures, an old WHFB Troll and two books. The history of Armageddon and the old Storm of Chaos book.
I looked for all the slayer I could find and I think I can make a 2000pt army for them :-) So maybe next Bash, the slayers will return!
I also primed some other figures and dug up my Imperial Knight. So that I can finish him after my Warcry Warband.
My next plan is to finish first al the started miniatures, before I start something new (I have a bunch of started and unfinished miniatures...  :| )
I also ordered some 60mm bases on Ebay, to be able to use my Trolls in and AOS game.

May 9th:
I worked some more on those damn undead.

May 12th:
I started again on the undead.
But then my thoughts started drifting away. I started looking for one figure, that I know I have somewhere.
It is an old Necromunda Spyrer, that I want to use as and assassin in my Imperial Guard army.
I found many other figures, that I forgot that are still in my collection, but the one I was looking for didn't show up...
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2020, 10:41:42 AM »
Day 12 - fiddling with the bolt thrower and putting some leadbelcher on  some miners. Other than that, not much. Havin another insane week.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »
Got in another day with some painting in it ... started doing armor and shields on 6 of 17 spearmen.  Also, fleshed out a couple of emails on the campaign that Artoban, Gankom and I have begun, after having finished the spreadsheet I'd promised to them.  Ended up doing two spreadsheets, one with full statistics of what happened with our game/battle last weekend (not something I'm going to use except after games are completed), and a partial stats list which can be used between games for tracking size of armies developed and such (which can be used individually with the players as part of the between game campaigning.

Yesterday ...

Tuesday, Day 12

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Artoban, GP, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower, Gankom

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, and Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Start of Today ...

Wednesday, Day 13

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Artoban, GP, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower, Gankom

- - -

I'm very much enjoying what SKS and Novogrod are doing with keeping track of their efforts.  I need to go back and review and update my list.

Also, noticed that my painting seems to be relatively slow.  If I'm going to get some serious painting accomplished, then I may need to start painting every day as I move forward or else I won't have accomplished the completion of many minis if I don't.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
Snuck in some painting at lunch.  Just one color on 6 shields, but it's progress.  Going to do more tonight!

Yesterday ... anybody else before Day 12 is no longer tallied?

Tuesday, Day 12

Today is rolling ...

Wednesday, Day 13

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Artoban, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower, Gankom

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:12:42 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2020, 08:44:43 PM »
I did bits, but I am trying to report a few days together.

Getting close to picture hosting - and reviving my "Machinations" thread.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2020, 09:22:36 PM »
Wednesday: cleaned, sprayed, repaired skellie draught/draft (??) horses for the carroccio to be turned into a corpse cart.

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2020, 09:52:18 PM »
I did bits, but I am trying to report a few days together.

Getting close to picture hosting - and reviving my "Machinations" thread.
Ok, and I'll keep Tues. & Wed open until wee see what is reported. :icon_cool:

- - -

By the way ... I'm hoping to go thread hunting myself, and get that website of mine working sometime soon so that I can get pictures flowing to W-E as well!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Novogrod ... saw the reference to your Warcry band and wondering which band are you painting :icon_question:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2020, 11:08:29 PM »
Also, in a hour of inspiration, just 'stream of conciousness' typed the first draft of the story to go with the pictures I did earlier this week. Huzzah!

The story will change no doubt, growing too, but now I have something to hang everything on, and a shape for it too.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2020, 12:52:19 AM »
Updated above. :icon_cool:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:24 AM »
Day 13 - work on miners going ahead. Bolt thrower and crew coming into being. Made some stairs.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2020, 01:15:49 AM »
Updated above.

I keep looking at the tons of WotRs sprues sitting on a table, and knowing they ain't going to get done if I don't start them, and then probably need to do a little bit in a steady process.  And I started doing some painting on Monday, and may need to start painting a little every day to see what I can get painted over this entire effort too.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2020, 02:42:52 AM »
I'm doing stuff each day, but generally reporting every few. Especially because its all pretty minor stuff.

May 11th- Built 5 skellies.

May 12th,- Built and started painting 3 sisters of battle. Wrote fluff up for new homebrew sisters order to fit into my homebrew sector. Likewise wrote fluff for 4 new captains joining my kingdom.

May 13th- continued the fluff writing. Stared at models for ages planning out next stuff. Lovingly handled several of them, gazing at them with appreciation before remembering what I was doing and scuttling out of the room.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2020, 04:13:49 AM »
Two more colors on 6 shields tonight. I was trying to determine what color I will use on the long tunics, and that is still bothering me.  The sheilds are yellow at the top, and the rest is red and white quartered ... taking after the coat-of-arms for the Italian town of Benevento.  I'm contemplating using black or dark grey or some sort of brown.

Yesterday ... anybody else before Day 12 is no longer tallied?

Tuesday, Day 12

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Today is rolling ...

Wednesday, Day 13

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Artoban, Gankom, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2020, 05:45:00 AM »
Day 12:
Not the most "useful day" but I been looking into how to make my own gaming table and how to improve my attic to store my minis, and maybe one day play/paint there.

Day 13:
I would like to do something similar in the future, but somehow manage to stack them or use them as "buildings" in an infinity game.

Was still not happy how my minis are store so doing it better today. Putting everything in boxes, but also trying to make them more accessible.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2020, 08:54:55 AM »
Day 11 - nothing.

Day 12 - Base canvas for the Pikemen banner. Some finishing touches to the unit.

Day 13 - Real work starts on the Pikemen banner. Some additional tufts to the unit.

I've managed to get some 20-30 minutes of focused hobby time per day, mostly thanks to this challenge. Learning to plan ahead, and learning not to stretch it too faar (into the night) and not to the stress about it.

Hope to finish the banner & the unit today. Or maybe tomorrow. :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2020, 11:21:14 AM »
Day 12   - May 12th
Tidied up the Goblin bases - filing off the filler where it had dried over the edges and on boots.
Put them back in the 'undercoating' box and moved them to the shed ready.

Checked my soaked paints and although I had to consign a couple to the bin, I have managed to salvage well over 20 pots
(It's been a long time since I painted anything - well with modelling acrylics.)

Sorted out a few Tabletop World buildings for painting - I think scenery will be my focus for a few days now

Day 13   -    May 13th

As always stuck to my plan ...  :engel: .... .... and opened a Midlam Miniatures KS packet of Adventurers - 14 figures, and prepped them for basing. Not a long job as the sculpts are really good with hardly any flash or mould lines.

Did open and investigate a few more old paint pots - more soaking going on.

As Zygmund said this is proving useful as although I do spend a lot of time in my office which is where I have a 'work table' and a large cutting mat I can go days without doing anymore than look at the minis on it.
The 'obligation' to do "something" even minor is positive.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2020, 11:37:24 AM »
Updating ...

Tuesday, Day 12

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Yesterday ... "all my troubles seemed so far away" ...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrgmdOz227I

Wednesday, Day 13

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Artoban, Gankom, Midaski, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Today begins ...

Thursday, Day 14

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Padre, Artoban, Gankom, Midaski, Realjuan

And just for the heck of it ... since I am in the mood ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzvDofigTKQ
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:00:49 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Only four gors completed today. Came close to finishing the Bray shaman

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2020, 01:48:22 PM »
Week 2:
May 8th:
The mail-man arrived with some nice goodies. Some Freebooter miniatures, an old WHFB Troll and two books. The history of Armageddon and the old Storm of Chaos book.
I looked for all the slayer I could find and I think I can make a 2000pt army for them :-) So maybe next Bash, the slayers will return!
I also primed some other figures and dug up my Imperial Knight. So that I can finish him after my Warcry Warband.
My next plan is to finish first al the started miniatures, before I start something new (I have a bunch of started and unfinished miniatures...  :| )
I also ordered some 60mm bases on Ebay, to be able to use my Trolls in and AOS game.

May 9th:
I worked some more on those damn undead.

May 12th:
I started again on the undead.
But then my thoughts started drifting away. I started looking for one figure, that I know I have somewhere.
It is an old Necromunda Spyrer, that I want to use as and assassin in my Imperial Guard army.
I found many other figures, that I forgot that are still in my collection, but the one I was looking for didn't show up...

May 13th:
I worked on some more details of the undead.
Current status:

Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
 :::cheers::: and  :Ohmy:
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »
Wow! Big coincidence Novogord. I dug out that exact same skeleton drummer from my bots box a couple of days ago, having never noticed him before! (Lots of stuff in my bots box was gifted to me by ex-hobbyists.)

Now I see your picture, I realise mine is missing an arm, but that will be very easily fixed!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »
Wow! Big coincidence Novogord. I dug out that exact same skeleton drummer from my bots box a couple of days ago, having never noticed him before! (Lots of stuff in my bots box was gifted to me by ex-hobbyists.)

Now I see your picture, I realise mine is missing an arm, but that will be very easily fixed!
Padre has a bots box? :icon_eek:

So you're responsible for the bot attacks here at W-E, eh? Either that or you're getting mixed up between fantasy bits, and that thread ya got going with all the bot parts being used to make sci-fi models. :icon_wink:

:engel:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »
My typing might have gone a bit wrong!  :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 05:16:27 PM by Padre »

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »
My first WHFB box was the 6th edition, but sadly when I took it home there was no one to play. Somehow I manage to keep the mail to order page that came in the box. Thats what 15 years? Anyone wants to call them and ask fro something?

Did anyone had the Free Skull Collector Card?

I love how they say, just contact the mail order trolls.

Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2020, 05:31:23 PM »
Believe I still have my 6th edition starter set box, and curious if I kept that sheet. :icon_lol: