home

Author Topic: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!  (Read 56337 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Talabec Border – United States - Regional Organization
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »
I believe it was merged into this one, and some stuff was deleted, Smithbl.  If you would like to follow up with an early thought, you can state it here.

I agree with you on your statement we should try to hold the road, but at this point with the low numbers we have, we should do the best we can to concentrate our forces and hit one area.  If our numbers swell in the coming weeks, I believe we can revisit the strategy.

I believe it to be a good one, just logisticly right now it may be troublesome. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline smithbl

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »
Wissenlander,

I think you are quite right about concentration and for that reason, we should concentrate on 3 and 7. According to our roster we have over a dozen armies in Talabec (maybe even more--my name and others doesn't seem to have made it to front list); wouldn't it make alot of sense for us to divide our armies between 3 and 7, and just hold on to these like hell?

Not trying to be argumentative, just helpful ... but happy to take orders. Also, I can certainly talk a certain WE general into allying with me for the duration of the tournament ... even against other WE.

MH

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions, I don't see it as argumentative.  I'll take it into consideration for sure.  Let me ponder over some stuff and get some more opinions if there are any.  Campaign doesn't start until June 27th, so we have time to strategize.

So by all means, keep the ideas flowing!

not together.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »
First, yes the two threads were merged together. I like to keep things tidy and a pair for the US didn't seem right.

Now a warning. You guys are talking about things like re-inforcing each other and staying back etc. Note that those at GW won't be keeping a tab on where everyone is in a region etc. The only way to defend a place is to post battles and related fluff there, you can't set up systems etc. unless it's all in one game. Just be careful that you guys don't get to gung-ho and develop real-world plans like that.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:33 PM »
Ah, what I mean by my orders are that, if possible, we fight enemies related to our plans.  Of course, we may not all have other players to fight against with those armies.

For example, I will try to edge a 1200-ish point toward that Monolith, as I Roleplayed.  I will then challenge my friend who plays Beastmen to a match or 3.  Then post the results.  Maybe pen a tale or two.

What I mean is if someone is going to hold the southern line against Orcs in the RPing, go challenge an Orc player.  If you are hanging back by the inn go challenge your friend who plays Beastmen, Ogres or Dwarfs.  Of course, some of us do not have this option, but we can do so whenever possible.  It'll be fun!  As long as this "suggested guideline" is approved, sir.

I'm so sorry, I should've explained my way of thinking before.  Just got caught up in the moment.

I'm in college!

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »
Anders Brechausen, Warrior Priest from Bogenhafen ready to cleanse in the name of Sigmar. My army is a small contingent from Bogenhafen that has been directed to bolster the forces in Talabecland. The captain in my army is Captain Elwin Koenig, a newly appointed son of a prosperous Bogenhafen merchant. Due to his families riches, he rides a pegasus to battle but is lacking in experience and it is well known that Brechausen is the real leader of this small force ((1000 points)). This is a newly formed force with young soldiers eager to prove themselves in battle as their fathers did during the Storm of Chaos.

My regular opponents at my local store play Bretts, Dwarfs, Empire, and High Elves. So much for the alliance in my store. Anyway, there is an Orc player that I will try to play as often as possible. Maybe I should be stationed in the south to aid with the Orc Control. I am ready to help in whatever way you need Wissenlander and Jerok. I am completely happy helping with fluff or simply grinding it out on the field of battle.

By the way I seem to have lost the link for the map of our region that shows where the places of interest in our Campaign area are located. Could someone help point it out to me? Thank you in advance.
"The problem in my last battle was that my detachment was too detached!"

Offline Sproogle

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
Alfred Pyke is the commander of a small regiment of troops from Nuln. Accordingly, he enjoys employing whatever new fantastical machine the engineers have developed. He benifits from (occasionally) wiping out vast swathes of foes, while the engineers can compile data in the field. The Reiksguard stationed in Nuln also regularly participate in compat alongside Pyke, and he is more than happy to have them.

Pyke was born and raised in Nuln, and participated in the defence of Middenheim, where his battery of cannon pounded the hordes of Chaos. Now he is called from Nuln to serve the Emperor by adding his forces to the armies marching after the Nemesis Crown.

((I've been out of the hobby for about 2 years now, ever since my local game store closed. I've been playing a lot of Warmachine, but with the opening of a GW store right in my downtown, as well as this new campaign, I'm throwing myself back into it. I'll have a 1000-point force to start things off with.))

Offline Robert Klemic

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
Frederick Von Wulfengraft, general in the service of Boris Todbringer here to assist in the defense of the borders.  As the Count has given me a large army to command in this campaign (I'm playing in a 10k 1000 point per month Escalation challenge in the Chicago area and I believe by the time the campaign kicks off we'll be in the 5000 point level) I will be defending the town as best I can and preparing for a great push against the beastherd tree.  By my great fortune Balthasar Gelt will on occasion be accompanying me into battle. 

Sadly I won't be able to use my allied contingent from the 10k challenge (Dwarfs) in with the Nemesis Crown games so I will have to paint up more of my Empire earlier than planned.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
General Johann Johannsen and his faithful sidekick, Rufas the Eccentric, reporting for duty with a contingent from Nordland responding the the Emperor's command.  The majority of Nordland's forces must remain guarding the coasts from Norsecan and Dark Elf raiders.  I would love to take a contingent of the Salzenmund  Ironmongers Guild along, but that might be pushing things.

I have never done a campaign so the mechanics are a bit confusing.  Would not the point level be at whatever is customary for the local gaming group?
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »
Rufas, nice to see you. Welcome to the campaign.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 05:44:02 PM »
HELL YES!

Welcome aboard sir!

Yes, the points levels for the battles are whatever you prefer.  If you and the gang hover around games about 2000-ish in size, then that is what the battles are.  Whatever points you want to play at.  We just do what we've always done, but now we also just post the battle report/results and GW keeps track of each races wins/losses or so I am told.  :-D

We've been after you for quite some time Rufas.

*Ahem.*

I, as Sub-Commander of this region, duly appoint you as Valued Advisor of this region's Command Structure.  You report to I, who am under Regional Commander Wissenlander, he himself under Supreme Commander Jerok and he under the direct Command of The Emperor Karl-Franz.

May we set a mighty foundation for victory!  For we are the Guardians of our land and our people!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:50:17 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
Good to see you made it over Rufas.  If your dwarfs want to fight for you, it's fine with me.  I have no issues with them, I shant forget old bonds that easily.

As Dendo said, any council you could give is most appreciated.  I'll take a look at the command structure later down the line and see if we need any one else to step on board.  I don't want it getting too top heavy and may have been a little hasty wanting to have a command staff of four.  You'll still be an honorary Counselor though; Dendo, Ernst and myself will definitely need some counseling. :wink:

Also, don't feel like you cannot give your thoughts or opinion if you're not in the command structure (this goes for everyone).  Don't feel as though you can't offer insight just because you don't have a huge post count either.  A good idea is a good idea and I want our region to be a well oiled machine.

Oh, and anyone who hasn't yet posted at the recruitment thread please do so.  I want a full roster so I know who I'm working with.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:59:32 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Ernst Brauer

• Members
  • Yorktown, Virginia - USA
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »
I'm glad to see more people jumping on board. I think we're moving along quite nicely with our plans and organization.

Glad to see you joining us Rufus.  :happy:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
Stretch 135 brought this up in the Aussie strategy section and I was meaning to do this here as well.  Quite a bit of the 'landmarks' in our campaign are un-named.  Quite odd I think for Imperial forts, towns and villages not to be named.  So, with that, does anyone have any ideas for naming said landmarks?  I open the floor to you gentlemen.

not together.

Offline Ernst Brauer

• Members
  • Yorktown, Virginia - USA
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 04:09:43 PM »
That is kind of strange. Perhaps they are old forts no longer in use? And I'm sure there are numerous small settlements uncharted in the Imperial census as well, so who knows.

I think we should wait until the official website comes out, just in case they decide to flesh out the maps a bit more.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:53 PM »
Agreed.  I think it sucks we don't have certain important facts presented to us.  :-P

But, what'cha gonna do?
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
Well, they're still not named on the maps on the campaign site.  I don't think they're ruins either, they seem 'active.'  So any suggestions on names?

not together.

Offline Johan

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
My general is Adelfried Heller of Sollandisch descent.  He'll be leading his Landsknecht mercenary army north to defend the Headless Badger (the thick of the fight, the mercenaries wouldn't have it any other way!).  Oh, and I'll be fighting for honour, booze, women and profit.

Edit:  Also, I'll have the Order of the Black Bear in tow, so watchout barmaids!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:59:18 PM by Johan »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
Glad to have you aboard Johan!  Could you post this information in the recruitment thread as well?  That way we can get a proper roster together.  Thanks a lot.

not together.

Offline Johan

• Members
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
I just read Fandir Nightshade's post about The Räuberthal and I was really impressed.  Maybe here in the states we could include some Talabec Border fluff units in our armies?  I don't know much about Talabecland, but archers or huntsmen would fit a woodlands border scout force.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
Just so we have a justification for doing what we want to do in the opening days of the campaign, I penned this.  So no we won't be technically starting operations now, I thought it would make sense for the fluff if it were something like this...

The aide placed a map on the table.  Underneath a gazebo type tent stood many men.  Men from across the Empire.  Generals that had lead many men into battle, now all listening to the words of their commander, Ortolf von Brennenburg.  Ortolf looked around seeing the likes of Hoss of Talabecland, Yor Nosredna of Middenland, Alfred Pyke of Nuln and Sir Arthur Frankford, a priest of Sigmar from Averland.  There were more, too many to name really, and Ortolf’s head hurt trying to put the name with the face at that moment.  These men would help him in the security of this sector, and he looked on with pride.

Many under his command loathed the fact that he was a commoner.  A simple pleasure that Ortolf relished.   Rumors abounded still of his illegitimacy, and if he really was the son of a noble.  His official title was Landgraf since he was entitled a small tract of land near River Aulen at the base of the Black Mountains.  He rarely visited that land, no more than a few abandoned villages and an old mill.  Much like this land here he thought, just like home…

“Gentlemen,” he began.  “Our first order of business is to take that fort there,” he pointed at the unnamed fort in the bottom corner of the map.

“Won’t that be hard to get to at this point,” asked Duke Rudolf VanHelsing.

“Indeed,” chimed Simon ‘Donnerhertz’ Rodimutz.  “Sir, it is the anchor of the landscape I agree, but we’ll have to march through the woods to get to it.”

“Aye,” smiled Ortolf.  “And we’ll leave tomorrow morning.”  A rumble from the crowd began to echo.

His two sub commanders replied with shock in their faces.  Rufas of Nordland seemed to pay little attention to the conversation at hand, more worried with staring blankly into the canvas above as if he were gazing at the stars.  It was clear to see why he was called Eccentric.  He turned away from the conversation and let out a deep sigh of pleasure as he stretched.

“We have no orders to commence movements,” replied Duke Rudolf glancing at the tall wizard out of the corner of his eye.

“Maybe not,” began Ortolf, ignoring Rufas as he contorted.  “But we need to gain that fort.  We will move quickly before any other armies gain access to the region and we’ll establish a base of operations there before we commence further.”

“Are you sure,” asked Donnerhertz crossing his arms.

“Aye, the Hunters of Sigmar have reported back to me that now is the best time to move.  If we wait for orders to commence, in one months time mind you, we’ll get bogged down trying to fight over a cave and an inn.”

Duke Rudolf leaned forward onto the table, closed his eyes and shook his head while Donnerhertz looked down upon the map, pushing his cheek around with his tongue as he thought.

“Now is as good of a time as any,” said Rufas as he finally entered the conversation, his back still turned.  “The Dwarfs will not attack us unless we provoke them and we’re bound to run into orcs or beastmen if we stay here anyway.  And unfortunately,” he began to turn towards the other men.  “Unfortunately, this location would not lend itself to support a foray into the woods.”  He paused, smiling at his wise words.  “Is this true gentlemen?”  A chorus of 'ayes' was soon heard.

“Aye, damn it,” spat Rudolf as he pounded the table with his fist.  “I don’t like that we should move so early, but if we do not we will have no anchoring point.  And we do need a better base of operations than here.”

Ortolf let out a huge laugh, happy that the operations would commence soon.  He went around shaking each man’s hand, except for Rufas who reeled at Ortolf’s gesture.  Ortolf was a bit too unkempt for the Celestial wizard’s taste.  von Brennenburg smiled widely, showing a few missing teeth and patted Rufas forcefully on the shoulder as he passed him by.

“Get the men ready,” bellowed Ortolf as he looked out onto the camp.  “Send the Hunters to scout the way!”

Sorry if I didn't mention your name, so many generals and it would be difficult to mention you all in such a way.  I'll do my best to mention everyone at some point.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:23:16 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
Remember men, keep tight.  Keep ordered.  Friend or foe can emerge from these woods. 
I'm in college!

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 07:47:13 PM »
 Prince-Lector Ferdinand III of Carroburg will be declaredly fighting to cleanse the beastmen from this area for the church. However he will also be fervently pursuing the crown and any clues leading to it. Failing this, he will seek any shred ofinfluence and political power he can find.

Nothing is beyond him, to him the end will always justify the means. Expect anything, and trust no one.

He will generally field an army of about 2250 points which can be found at the following address, along with some of his fluff. http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16363.0
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline dWhisper

• Members
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »
My forces have been driving back disturbingly increasing hordes of Beastmen and the forces of Chaos along the borders. Until now, I had not considered it as a prelude to invasion in a bid for the hidden treasure. I will redouble our efforts, and keep the forces at the ready. Additional support has been drawn from my contacts in surrounding provinces, and I will await their reinforcements.

Generally, an army of 2000 points will be at the ready, but before the end of the summer, I expect a full host of 5000 to stand united against the oncoming horde. Whispers of a Dark Elf scouting force and the Greenskins have been heard in alleys and taverns of my fair city, but as of yet, there is no proof of their presence. I only pray we will know before its too late.
I'm a little girl with pigtails!

Fear the STank!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »
The U.S. orcs want to have some pre-campaign fluff activities for fun and their boss Goomb has asked me if we want to take part.  He's given me a few details, but I'm still not totally sure what he would like from us.  He did say that we were not obligated in any way to take part, but thought it would be fun to do a little sparring before hand that wouldn't have any impact on the campaign.  So what say you my loyal and faithful men?

not together.