home

Author Topic: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!  (Read 56805 times)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Re: Talabec Border – United States - Regional Organization
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »
Oh, it's very neat.  The Orcs start of and write a portion of the story, then the Empire writes the next part, then the Orcs again, back to the Empire writer...you get the idea.  :-D  The story is about two patrols (one Empire, one Orc) bumping into each other and the shenanigans that ensue.

Wonderful, novel idea of the Greenskins.  Send a message to Wissenlander to sign up!
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2007, 08:25:22 PM »
Sign up at da Warpath (http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?act=idx) and wait for one of their boyz to post a fluff story.  I'd say respond as soon as you could to claim that you would spar with that one and then post a reply in fluff terms.  You could communicate with your sparring partner so you can have ideas flowing.

It doesn't have to be anything long at all.  Also, it should only be quick skirmishes between fast scouting forces.  Wolf riders v. pistoliers/outriders/huntsmen or some such.

Edit* You beat me to it Dendo.  Good XO!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 08:33:28 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2007, 08:47:18 PM »
The first story is up!  Dragoneye has posted it.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »
Ok.  Let's have a re-meating of the minds here guys.  What's our objective in the campaign for this region?  We need to find out so we can let everyone else know so we can coordinate fluff.

My plan is to take the unnamed fort in the south and establish a base of operations.  The way the game mechanics work, the fluff will dictate the actions since every battle is lumped into the region.  This in mind I believe we may be able to establish more than one area.  I know someone, Smithbl possibly, who wanted to take the northern road section.

That being said, I think we should march into the fort and take that.  Put some troops in the town for garrison duty potentially and have some troops in the north to keep the road open and clear.  Let me know what you think and what your troops will be capable of doing (area in which they'll best operate).

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
I like it.  Our region has the most to worry about from Beastmen it looks like.  Greenskins will be a close second.

I'd like to volunteer as mobile operation force, I and the boys will keep moving throughout the territory fighting fires.  Of course, if you'd like us to fight with a more fixed objective, let me know.  Would you want us trouncing around the whole theater, or would you like us to orbit a specific site, such as the Southern fort?  Just want to make sure we work toward the bes way toward the plan.
I'm in college!

Offline Nog64

• Members
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2007, 03:09:46 AM »
Not quite in the mood for fluffing up too much right now but I'll be able to contribute 1000-1500 points of troops (or less). For reference my general's name is Helmut Helstromm (again, not feeling very fluffy atm). From what I understand we're adopting a defensive position?
<font color=0033FF-FF3000>╤♦*~N64~╤♦*</font>

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2007, 06:06:06 AM »
I am planning on defending the fort to the south for fluff reasons. I was just awaiting the order. The armies I will face are Greenskins, Bretts, Skaven, and Dwarfs at my local store. Maybe Chaos and Dark Elves.
"The problem in my last battle was that my detachment was too detached!"

Offline Tritoch42

• Members
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2007, 06:06:40 AM »
Call me a n00b, and Dendo will probably smack me the next time he sees me in the store for asking what's probably a stupid question...

But even though we're writing all this fancy stuff in the fluff, how much will GW notice? Like Wissenlander, you talked about taking the unnamed fort in the south, and such... Will GW actually read fluff to the point that in one of their published updates they'll acknowledge that your general did that?

I guess I'm just ignorant to how campaigns work, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how all of this planning is going to impact the real campaign...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »
Hey Tritoch.  I guess Dendo muscled you into this campaign?  It's alright, I've done the same to a few people. :-D

Your question is appropriate, so no worries.  This campaign is different from any other I've done so far in that our fluff contributions weigh heavily.  GW didn't compose a team of narrators for this campaign, only a group that would sift through the information and find what they like.  If we show a united front and throw a good story at them, it's more likely to stick than thousands of random stories.

Honestly, the fluff is the only thing where we get tactical flexibility in this campaign.  We post victories in the region as a whole and we allow our fluff to do the talking.  Without the fluff it's just one big meat grinder and would get stale very quickly.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »
Plus, we can coordinate fluff/battles with other races, like the Greenskins on DaWarpath.com.

Makes it a bit fun and slightly more competitive that way!
I'm in college!

Offline Tritoch42

• Members
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »
Sweet... I didn't know there wasn't a writing team, OR that GW had a team of "fluff-sifters".. I guess you guys either have flashy information I don't, or I just suck at reading :P

And Dendo didn't muscle me into the campaign, I was more than psyched for it already.. He did, however, muscle me into the forums :P I'm quite glad he did because this campaign seems increasingly awesome with each passing day...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »
Out of curiosity, can I apply for official minister of propaganda? I wont guarantee I will do anything nor accomplish anything, but would anyone mind if I put that under my name?

I just got out of the Elf and Dwarf thread and I felt my orator skills were better than they normally are, and dammit I want to do something!
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »
Well, we should make it sound friendlier...make it moral officer or some such. :laugh:

Also, check out the orc invasion thread.  I know you have an Averland army, I might be able to use your general's name, with your permission.

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »
Ich hφre keine mehr Beleidigungen όber die deutschen Leute! Sehnt sich Phasendeutschland!

I dont speak German BTW (i just babelfish translated), damn I wish I did though... Orc Invasion... What thread was that? Must have missed it (Will you save me 15 minutes of company time with a url :))

Sweet, I just finished my War Altar to. Its simply and pretty neat looking (my general to) He is the standard Warrior Priest, the one with the book that looks like he is shouting mounted right where volkamar normally is. I didn't do too aweful bad on the paint job to. Perfect for this position

Please dont make me beg, lol

My general is Arthur Frankford, Lector of Sigmar. He rides on a popemobile from Averland (why, I dunno). That would be hardcore

Hmm, dont like Minister Of Propoganda, huh? How about:

Orator Of War

I like it. I basically flame other races try and gain other races support for the Empire and scare our troops shitless by death threats Inspire our troops to greater acts of Heroism! Hoo RA!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »
Oh, how I needed that laugh!
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16637.0
That's the link.  It's actually title Orc Migration, my bad.

Orator of War sounds good.  Just don't get too crazy.

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
Oh, how I needed that laugh!
Hell ya! Whats a campaign without a little fun!

Too far? BURN HERETIC Ok, I'll try and keep it civil while remaining inspiring and (hopefully) funny

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »
Sounds good Wyzer, that's all I can ask for.

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »
The fluff for my new force is posted in the Career Counseling thread in the form of a letter from the Count's personal secretary.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16359.25
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline ChrisLS

• Members
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2007, 05:15:23 AM »
I'd specifically like to go Beast-hunting.  My basic tactic would be to patrol the road, find evidence of Beastherd attacks, and follow them to their lairs.  I think it has enough dashing and recklessness to feel good!  How does that sound?
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
I may have to take a head count or something, when the campaign gets closer to launch date.  We can divide our fluff forces appropriately.  If we're supposed to hold and defend the fort (Waldberg?) then we shouldn't have 24 of 30 guys beast hunting or going to chop down the big tree.

As for now it sounds good ChrisLS, and since you were the first I'll put your name down for that assignment.

not together.

Offline rha celt

• Members
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
Well between my nights,outriders, Kislev horse and Galloper guns my force is extremely mobile yet still hard hitting. It would work better for hunting then it would for garrison duty.  Unless you need a fast reaction force at the fort. Yor Nosredna and his lances are yours to command.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »
Is the campaign set up to allow for open ended missions like beast hunting?  I thought that only battles against specific targets on the map counted for the final results.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2007, 02:40:10 PM »
By beast hunting I mean writing it in fluff reports and roaming around the woods or making forrays towards the Hanging Tree or the monolith.  We can't really diverge from that.

Defend the southern front and strike out with the mobile forces/those who are brave or foolhardy enough to go into the woods. :wink:

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
Can do, sir.

I'll toy with the Beast herds and hold tight until the main WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! comes in.  Or perhaps even a giant Beastman strike!
I'm in college!