home

Author Topic: Week 2  (Read 1470 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Week 2
« on: July 11, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
Overall we've dipped from 1st to 4th.  We got hammered in many regions this week, let's give it a good showing for the next.  It's not over by a long shot, and we're still in contention.

We got some of our fluff goals presented.  We seem to have dominance of the roads, at least from the report.  Also congrats to the mercenaries of Wolfgang Griess!  Helstrom's 4th was mentioned in the Beastmen report!  It also stated that Mattengard's streets were ruined and deserted, I think our evacuation worked.

It was interesting how it talked about units that had previously been commended were stripped of their honors.

Regional commanders, get on strategies so we can post them at Warvault.  Andy Hoare (head narrator) checks it out and we need to make sure he knows what we want to happen!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:59:49 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Re: Week 2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »
Silly request. 

I'm having some trouble with the work filter, could you post a link to the Week 2 Report?
I'm in college!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »
Nevermind.  :happy:

Got that cleared up.  We kept the roads clean and the civilians out - this is good.  Sigmar smiles upon our battles. 

Now, I move we do indeed make a major goal the "Fortification-Roadhouse-Transport Protection Network" proposed by Mike W.  With it, we will kill a lot of birds with a single big stone.

The plan is simple.  Have your armies assist/pay for/participate in/protect the construction of a variety of forts, toll booths, roadwarden houses, garrisons and outposts all along the roadways of the region.  This is something that the merchants of the West have been demanding for some time - and it would aid our war effort greatly!  The people are in need of this as well as our own forces.  In short, we build a massive network of fortifications designed to keep safe the movement of people and goods as they travel the roads of the Great Forest and western Empire.

Communication is also key.  Each part of the roadway fortification network (herein now named the "Castleroad" for simplicity's sake) needs to be in sustained contact with the other parts.  Horses and pigeons are obvious good ways to maintain the lines of communication, can you think of others?

Do I hear any support?  Objections?  Viewpoints?

Edit!  I am aware "Castleroad" is a stupid name, but I got nothin' else that sprung to mind.  Any other naming ideas for the project?  Something more Imperial sounding?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:44:14 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
Depending on the region, this could be an objective.  In ours particularly we're setting up a Hammer and Anvil tactic.  Some regions may be more condusive for a counter strike as well.  But, whatever it is we shouldn't get too uncoordinated in what we do.  Some factions have had very few objective points, but have gotten them across very well.  Something to consider.

The one thing that makes me think we should go on more of a broad offensive is that it already states in the fluff that we control the roads.  Now we could reinforce this idea and put a strangle hold on it or launch a massive attack now while we have some momentum.  Thoughts?

Just to clarify where I'm at instead of playing Devil's Advocate as always:  I think we should stick with Micheal W's proposed plan and strategize this coming week for an offensive for week 4.  It will take time to get everyone to switch gears into another frame of mind and if we start preperations now, we'll be ready in a week.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:03:04 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
The best time to plant a tree was ten years ago. The best we can do is to plant one now. Similarly, I support the idea that we should shift onto the offensive. We're cutting up our enemies (just read the Wood Elf fluff this week). There are two things that could happen fluff wise to justify this change. Firstly, doing well enough defensively to be able to give cause for a change in strategy, and secondly having the crown found. Since the second one is out of out control, I reckon we should have a major push this week.

After that we can look at how we've done and either decide to carry on being defensive, or else implement the "Purge the Forests!" policy. The one containing fire and retribution.

Anyway, since we're all a bit glum, I think we could do with some examples of what the Empire has been up to:
  • Yet, the men of the Helstrom 4 th and a great many more regiments of the Emperor's army have proven themselves willing and able to give all in the defence of their lands.
  • With the men of the Empire and the Kindreds of the Wood Elves working towards the same goal, surely the fell denizens of the dark woods will be defeated.
  • With the roads controlled by the Empire and patrolled day and night by the Knightly Orders, only those foes who can navigate the deep forest have any chance of manoeuvring. In many areas, the woods to either side of the roads has been hacked back, the better to push the enemies of Empire into the darkest woods.
  • the Emperor's forces would work to the same aim as the Wood Elves. Soon, the woods rang to the fearful braying of Beastmen beset by the armies of Men and the magics of the Wood Elves. The corruption that threatened to engulf the forest, and perhaps to spread southwards towards Athel Lauren, was contained, for now at least.
  • The Empire held the roadways, meaning a great many Orc and Goblin warbands were forced to venture ever deeper into the woods to pass through the land. Here the Greenskins were set upon and slaughtered by the vengeful Asrai.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:35:58 PM »
Guys, just to clarify:

My proposal regarding roads isn't just for roads sake, or to beat our enemies.  We need to make repeated mention of our concerted efforts to locate the Crown!.  The roadway network is for finding the Crown first and for security/communication second.  If we keep up with a focus on finding the Crown itself, GW has to take notice. 
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »
Guys, just to clarify:

My proposal regarding roads isn't just for roads sake, or to beat our enemies.  We need to make repeated mention of our concerted efforts to locate the Crown!.  The roadway network is for finding the Crown first and for security/communication second.  If we keep up with a focus on finding the Crown itself, GW has to take notice. 

Sorry, had not mentioned that.  I kinda took that as inherently obvious.  Sorry all!  I's dumb.  :-P
I'm in college!

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:44:49 PM »
To be honest, I didn't think about that - I figure the Crown isn't something we should be attempting to find anyway, IMHO
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »
I reckon that we could let it slip if we don't pick up our act. Let's face it which is more important. Getting our placing up by winning battles? Or getting it mentioned in the dispatch that we rebuilt a building? I say we should go for gold and try and win as many battles as we can. We got 1st in the first week but we let it get to our heads and now we got down to 4th. If we don't get a top 3 rank in the next couple of weeks we will probably not be able to regain our high position. So we should have a lot of tactics help for people who find it hard to have battles. We should also try and attend as many events as possible as they count for a lot of points.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
Whoever wins the campaign will most likely get the crown as a byproduct.

We definitely need wins, that's not an issue.  But if we don't get those wins we won't be able to get our fluff objectives across well.  We've done that so far because of our high standing.

I would like to have a point in this campaign where everyone looks and says 'wow, look at what the Empire did.'  This could be as simple as an agressive offensive for week 4, but it won't work unless we get the wins needed this week to fortify the roads.  The higher we are the more likely we are to get our fluff mentioned the way we want it.  This week it's Micheal W's plan (as far as I know) of securing the roads in order to search for the crown.

I am beginning planning for next week, a massive offensive so I would like as much help as possible on this because our stance so far has been defensive and we need to switch gears.  But really, this won't work unless we place high in the standings, so win win win!

not together.