home

Author Topic: We're still in 4th!  (Read 4441 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
We're still in 4th!
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:16:37 PM »
I guess week 1 helped us out a lot.  I know we slacked in the US.  Everyone else carried us big time!  Thanks for that gents.

Dwarfs are first with Brets 2nd.  Good to see one ally up there.  Keep an eye out for the Dwarfs as they have grudge weeks and target higher ranking opponents.  I think we'll be safe for this week, but I'm not sure about the Brets.  They may honor old alliances, but they may not.  So far the fluff has shown no hostilities but it could change if enough fluff is thrown out there.  So far all of their targets have been the evil races but they'll be tested this week as there isn't a bad race in sight of 1st.

If they do attack the Brets we will have to come to their aid as is in the treaty!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:17:30 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Re: We're still in 4th!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:42:50 PM »
I believe we can trust the noble people of Bretonnia to honor the Treaty Of Alliance.

I'm in college!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:56 PM »
sorry I cannot access the information in the UK, maybe it is to spare my blushes!

If anyone can fill me in on the UK thread it would be much appreciated!

Typical the mac plays up on the night the wife is out seeing streisand!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 03:45:55 AM »
Yeah, the week 3 postings are still broken! Anyone contact GW?
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 06:17:16 AM »
I asure you they will not attack the Bretts for by doing it they would risk our suppor even we are not in any contact with the Bretts but their efforts against the evil creatures have been allowing both us, you and the dwarfs to achive more that had they not been doing it.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 06:56:49 AM »
Giladis you are also mentioned...lol it seems GW doesn^t like the Dark and Light Elves and they squabble over Tor Thana. I think over all it is good looking and how GW is treating Karl Franz over the Crown i hope we won^t find the crown (but still kick some chaos worshipping arse) There seems to be nothing left of the great politician, general and soldier Karl Franz. I think it is a little to clear that Karl would use the crown and become a bad guy.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
Fluff wise, Giladis, they won't attack any force of light.  But Brets are the target for this grudge week, followed by the woodies and then us. 

not together.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »
Still it will do us no good and I have voiced my objections.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 02:49:58 PM »
I know Giladis, I've seen your objections to the proposed attack.  Out of curiousity, will the Asur stay out of the mess in this or will you step in and do something? 

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
What precisely are they intending by grudge week, are they specifically targetting? Do we know that they are going for the Brets, has this been explicitly said because if so we must defend them as terms of the treaty!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
Check out my post on the Dwarfs.  I'll rename it so it will get more attention.

not together.

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »
A grudge week could just as easily backfire... they could end up all getting massacred, dropping their rating, and boosting the rating of the target race in the process!  :icon_biggrin:
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Sir Cyris deLonse

• Members
  • 'For my holy wrath shall know no bounds'
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 06:18:58 AM »
Greetings fellow men, as per our alliance you can indeed rely upon we Bretonnians to honour our word and should the Dwarfs raise their axes against you then we are sworn to ride to your aid, and ride we shall should those dark days dawn upon us.

Let us all hope that it does not come to that.
- The Confident -
- Retainer of the deLonse Family -
- Marquis of Larret -
- Viscount of L'Anguille -
- Guardian of the Great Seas -

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 01:55:40 AM »
i dint trust the Bret's there objective is LAND GRAB!!!   :icon_mad:

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 01:58:57 AM »

Please Volkmar, no it isn't.  They were nice enough to actually say they were not in it for that.  Why in the world do you act like this?
I'm in college!

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 05:41:43 AM »

Please Volkmar, no it isn't.  They were nice enough to actually say they were not in it for that.  Why in the world do you act like this?

As spur and bounty, we pledge the lordless lands of Sularême, Gisolarau, and Touloran as prizes to those Knights who display the greatest valour. Furthermore, all nobles are hereby granted royal authority to extend our gracious protection to any township or village of the Empire whose elders prefer our honourable rule to that of an Emperor who has left them defenceless.

This is a part of the intale dispatch and Dendo you saying there not taking our land !! Even in the army book it says there expanding were do you think there going to go ???

No affiance too you Dendo but i don't want to see our empire citizens changing there loyalty too the Lady and Not too Kral Franz!!!

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 08:21:33 AM »
That was the official starting background, Volkmar. You know, the stuff we thought was dishonourable and have been working to change? And looking at what's in the weekly reports, you'll notice that the bulk of what's written about Bretonnia has to do with hunting Settra, the goal the community set. Not GW.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »
That was the official starting background, Volkmar. You know, the stuff we thought was dishonourable and have been working to change? And looking at what's in the weekly reports, you'll notice that the bulk of what's written about Bretonnia has to do with hunting Settra, the goal the community set. Not GW.

Thanks, FVC.

This was explained to you long ago by several people Volkmar.  I know this because I was one of them.  Please DO NOT go stirring up trouble to get a rise out of us.
I'm in college!

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
the goal the community set. Not GW.

You think thats going to stop GW look at what happend to Caida Chaos was snapping the people on Caida and out of no were they lost ....And i know Lot of people thats smashing the Brets TOO stop them from expanding and letting them take over the villages!!.. it's GW final decision on what really happens not us who decide what happens mate

P.S I'm not trying to start trouble I'm just voicing my opinion

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 09:58:08 AM »
In the Räuberthal we are supported by some of the finest Knights of Bretonnia. If they didn^t help us there would be bloodshed and mayhem. Even if there are some filthy Lords who want to obtain land. Would you prefer Beastmen to have it? I think you see it false and the time will show that the trust we put in our Allies was worth it.

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
i dont want any of them want any of them to have it :icon_smile:

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:31 AM »
But that is not very realistic...especially when we look at the disastrous ranking of our fellow imperial generals in the US. I somehow can^t understand how we can get our booty whipped so bad we are last...the last of all of them. In my view there is no possible way how we could loose so often with the new army book.

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »
You think thats going to stop GW look at what happend to Caida Chaos was snapping the people on Caida and out of no were they lost ....And i know Lot of people thats smashing the Brets TOO stop them from expanding and letting them take over the villages!!.. it's GW final decision on what really happens not us who decide what happens mate.

Yet if you look at the Bretonnia progress reports, you'll notice a lot of mentions of hunting Settra. That's the goal we set, not GW - and yet GW seems to be following it. I made this same point above, but what it boils down to is that GW seems to be playing along. Sure, if we assume the worst it's a bad idea, but can't we be optimistic for once?

Offline Sir Cyris deLonse

• Members
  • 'For my holy wrath shall know no bounds'
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
FVC being optimistic? Surely not!  :-D

Oh wait, there arent any Dwarfs around, thats why.

Yeah, as it has been said, Bretonnians are riding for honour and vengeance, not land. Its the empire villages who seem to be taking a like to us anyway, not us taking a liking to their land.
- The Confident -
- Retainer of the deLonse Family -
- Marquis of Larret -
- Viscount of L'Anguille -
- Guardian of the Great Seas -

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:43 PM »
FVC being optimistic? Surely not!  :-D

...I love being me. :happy: