home

Author Topic: Steg's "The Borealis" warrior chamber of the "Knights of the Aurora" Stormhost  (Read 50741 times)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Red, white and blue. Now there's a color scheme I would use on my future Stormcasts. :biggriin:

Awesome job on that Lord-relictor,  Stealthknightstag. :eusa_clap:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
I bought the Stormcast Eternal book and the Knight-Venator/Azyros (to build the Venator), so I added  bit of fluff to the first post and updated the 2nd post.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
They are done!!!! AoS Starterset Stormcast Eternals!! Almost 3 months since the box came out. Really really happy how they turned out!

Evidence:

Liberator group 1:

Liberator group 2:

Retributors:

Prosecutors:

Lord-Relictor "Amortea Luminu":

and finally pictures of the finished Lord-Celestant!
Lord Celestant "Arturo Boreas" on Dracoth: (in HR)

And a few more poses in lower quality:

And a group mugshot  :happy:

Next up will be a  Citadel Wood
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:55:48 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline hagen88

• Members
They look fabulous! Amazing job on them and a bold colour choice! This is an army I'd love to face on the battlefield!

Offline Booah

• Members
Great job on those stor casts I echo what Hagen said, bet they look great on the table.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Continued excellence in painting here! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
I am jelous! Great work!!  :::cheers:::

Offline Syphon

• Members
Good paintjob, terrible miniatures.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
Amazing work, Stealthknightsteg!  You really did a inspiring job with that paint scheme. :::cheers:::

That Lord Celestant is awesome! :eusa_clap:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:03:30 PM by Baron von Klatz »

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
The look of the army is really coherent, love it.

What is next? I've no idea what is available
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

• Members

Citadel wood, to get my scenery started, but on models the Knight-Venator, for added ranged attacks and a monster/hero killer

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Venator

Offline Westfalia

• Members
Excellent painting, The new GW models look very nice too.  :-)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members

Citadel wood, to get my scenery started, but on models the Knight-Venator, for added ranged attacks and a monster/hero killer

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Venator

Nice model, looking forward to seeing it painted
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline mottdon

• Members
Look GREAT Steg!  I love the little blue crystals you added to the bases!  They give the models just that little "something extra" to push them to the next level, IMO.  And great work on your Draco!  I love the black skin/scales!   :::cheers:::

• Members
Citadel Wood, base is done. Wondering If I should add some grass tufts but then again when moving models across will destroy that..

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:10:44 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
Really nice! :eusa_clap:

The roots are a great touch.

Offline hagen88

• Members
There is something about this plog I find incredibly inspiring! Maybe the idea of starting from a small force and building it up to a sizable army and then adding the scenery elements to it, and in such a short amount of time! It looks like you found a perfect balance between painting quality and game requirements, even the questions you ask yourself (like the one about adding turfs to the wood base) shows this tension between perfect looking and gaming models! It's work like yours that inspires me to keep focus on a project and actually complete my goals, although I obviously lack your willpower.
Bravo!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Well done on the base of the woods. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
Thanks Baron v Klatz and GP! really appreciated!

There is something about this plog I find incredibly inspiring! Maybe the idea of starting from a small force and building it up to a sizable army and then adding the scenery elements to it, and in such a short amount of time! It looks like you found a perfect balance between painting quality and game requirements, even the questions you ask yourself (like the one about adding turfs to the wood base) shows this tension between perfect looking and gaming models! It's work like yours that inspires me to keep focus on a project and actually complete my goals, although I obviously lack your willpower.
Bravo!

Willpower? Yeah maybe with this new endevour it shows. But you haven't seen my cabinet of Empire and Lizardmen (and some stray Brets), though I am fiddling with the idea to mix and mingle painting those inbetween the Stormcast to get those done also, but waiting till we know more of the Seraphon and Free People (want to focus first on stuff that actually will continue). Also looking into getting my Starterbox of Khorne dudes painted, already thinking about a paint scheme.

As for progress, the citadel woods are pretty daunting and glad I split the project up now, to first finish the base and then do the trees and lastly the leaves.

I also catalog every paint scheme as I do them so I can reproduce it easily in a few months/years in a word file.
Anyway glad to be inspiring to you!

(pun time) You just have to stick with it.

• Members
Dun dun dun!
This evening I will be able to finish my Knight-Venator (last bits on do on the base) So expect some pictures later this evening  :biggriin:

• Members
So here he is!

Knight-Venator "Welkin Burnish"

I do think I need to do some work on the wings as with the Prosecutors I'm not too happy with it. As with the tail of the Star Eagle I'm thinking of doing some blending technique on them. Trying it out on the Prosecutors first.
And going to add a bow-string, as soon as I find new drill bits as my previous one snapped.

And my other Work in Progress project (besides the Citadel Wood)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:38:35 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
You've already done a great job here, StealthKnightSteg!  :eusa_clap:

As for the wings, they would look much better with more shading (I'd start with a dark blue wash on the blue parts, then use a lighter version similar to the blue tone you used directly above these white parts). I absolutely love the colour combination on these wings though - and the comets are perfectly highlighted and look great with that blue background!  :::cheers:::

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
Good lord does that knight-venator look bada**! :icon_eek:

Awesome job! :::cheers:::

Offline Syphon

• Members
As I said on FB, great paint job. Too bad I can't tell from the model what it is. At first I thought it was some sort of Eldar.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
So finished up the Trees of my Citadel Wood, doing the brown base coat was a tedious work, but everything afterwards was a rewarding work.

Now only to do the leaves on these!