home

Author Topic: White wolves, made of 5th. Ed. Bretonnian Knights  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
White wolves, made of 5th. Ed. Bretonnian Knights
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
Here in the workshop is an article about possible conversations. I got my idea from there, to build white wolves out of Bretonnian knights and the unused sprues from the free compagnie box.

Here is my result: (I'll post better pics next week (if I have time)):

and here is, how they are done:

it was quite simple...
- just remove the knob for the right arm
- add an "hammerhand"
- add a head
- add a wolf cape (to hide the hole in the back... you don't even need to fill it up with green stuff)
- done

I carved some left arms, thus the cloth looks like on the right side.
I used the 2-handed hammer twice. I just cut of the second hand. Now it's a little bit shorter.
I added some sticks, that the hammers look longer. Now noone can really say if it is a cavalray hammer or if it must wielded with both hands :-) This is maybe the best solution, coz we don't really know, how the rules in 7th. Ed. Rulebook will be.

I used the medals with the wolf as buttons, to decorate the breast plates.
The GrandMaster or Champion got the halbeard arm from FC-Sprue. I cut off the blade and added a hammerhead. The hammerhead itself was carved out of a piece of sprue. As special gimmik, I carved the front side like a waffle iron. This mighty hammer will hurt  :happy:

In general I dislike these terrible oversized weapons but it really looks like a Games Workshop Design  :-D

I will also use the bretonnian horses. I think know every depends on a good paint job.
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Re: White wolves, made of 5th. Ed. Bretonnian Knights
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »
It's crazy that this thread has fallen so far without having had a single reply yet!

Those are some excellent looking WW conversions which could be used by anyone.

Seriously, great stuff! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Sinister

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »
I see this for the first time.

I like it very much.

Thanks.

Offline General Von Lettow

• Members
  • Colonel colonial
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »
Hey AF

I really like the look of your WW's - are we going to see them painted up soon :biggriin:?

Thanks anyhow

Von Lettow

P.S: I pity the fool that runs into that hammer!
When in Remas - do as the Remans do!

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:23:20 PM »

are we going to see them painted up soon :biggriin:?

sorry, I think NO.
 :icon_frown:

Maybe I paint one of them as colour study. But actually I have no time for painting or playing since 3 Years, yet. I just collect old models (ebay is really good to get models from the 80s).
I painted my Ricco's Guard last sommer and are still painting my wood elves but only a few minis a year.

I just wanted to show, how fast and simple WW could be made of standard bitz. And I'm sure a lot pll have still some knights and lizard men from the 5th Ed. Box  :icon_wink:

Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Phydox

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:50:47 PM »
...I'm sure a lot pll have still some knights and lizard men from the 5th Ed. Box. 

I did the same conversion, but used it to differentiate I/C knights from regular knights.
Gadzooks!!!  Release the Pigeon Bombs!