home

Author Topic: Which Warhorses?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
Which Warhorses?
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Hi all!

So I have some of the 3rd edition Knights Panther that I Would like to mix in with my 4th ed guys.  The 3rd came on large unbarded horses...while the 4th came on slightly smaller heavily armored horses...I know I could find some of those to use but I would like to hear about other options...even outside the GW realm.  What else works for armored horses out there?

Thanks!

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Which Warhorses?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
In my opinion, you probably don't need to look beyond the current GW plasitc armoured horses.  I know you were after other options, but this options works fine for all my 3rd edition knights, especially if I wanted to mix them in with the 4th edition ones, as it would make them look more together as a unit

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »
If you are 'mixing' them in with knights already on 4th ed horses then I'd say stick with 4th ed horses.

I have a unit of the 3rd ed knights on 4the ed horses.  As a unit they look ok but when taken individually the knights look to big for the horses and their legs seem to hang too low. 
If I was putting this unit together today, I would use converted warhorses from the new Chaos Knights set.

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:53:53 PM »
Great guys...thanks for the input.

Right now none of the knights are actually mounted on anything permanently....I'm just trying to think ahead about what to use...eith for some of them or all of them.  Perhaps I will try to pick up a 6th ed horse for now and see how it compares.

Orcboy...thats a SWEET looking unit!  where are those shields from?

Cheers,

Blue
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:31:39 PM by Blue in vt »
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline Generalisimo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
Just wait a little bit . We will get a new set, or maybe an upgrade pack.
I don t buy more 6th-7th ed knights anymore. Still waiting . . . :dry: