home

Author Topic: The Empire Camp  (Read 15729 times)

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« on: June 20, 2004, 03:12:21 PM »
Charles walks out of his tent all unit leaders please meet in my tent in 2 hours have some fun you fought well today!  Charles walked over and sent a couple of men to find a healer for the wounded!  Then he went to look for Konrad....
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 04:43:16 PM »
OOC: I guess this is where the story goes on after the battle against the lizards

BiC:

Suddenly Erik saw some blue and white shapes walking around the battlefield around him. He could not really bring his eyes to focus enough to see who they were, but he was quite sure these must be some of the Middenland soldiers from the Imperial army. How had they survived, he thought to himself. This would be his only chance of survival, even if it was only a very small chance due to his wounds from the battle. Perhaps these men could get his to a priest. Erik knew already that he couldn't stand up anymore and even sitting would extract a considerable toll on his body. Slowly, he tried to sit up, but he felt a wave of fatigue washing over him as he did so. In his condition, he would certainly lose conciousness for hours if he gave in to his fatigue now, that much he knew. With his last strength, he yelled at the men to come to him. Then his fatigue overcame him....

Tibald looked up from his search through the dead bodies that littered the battlefield. He was quite sure he had heard someone yelling further ahead. He ran towards the spot where he thought the sound had eminated from and was greeted only by more death and destruction. Some heavy fighting had been going on here. The Middenland halberdiers had made their stand here and had been butchered by the cold one cavalry while they held to give the cavalry the chance to countercharge.

As he scanned through the mass of corpses here, he saw one with the sergeant marks on it. It was only a young man, twenty years old at most. Remembering the order that all commanding officers had to be retrieved from the field, he walked over to the fallen sergeant. He grabbed the wrist of the man for a routine check to make sure he was death already when he noticed that although the man had no more pulse, his body wasn't cold like most of the others. He had died only moments ago, minutes if Tibald was to make a guess. This might have been the same man that had yelled for his help. Shocked, Tibald stood up again and signaled to the rest of his squad to come over to assist him.

"This man is the late sergeant of the 31st Middenland Halberdiers. Get him back to the camp and inform his unit of its loss."

Offline The Elector of Stirland

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »
Captain Marius Beck stifled the feeling of nausea he felt as he made his way to the imposing tent beyond the field of battle.  His men, a company of archers and his hand-picked scouts from Stirland trudged in silence behind his horse, bows unstrung.  Middenheim seemed a long way away now, but it seemed that they had arrived too late for the battle.  However, the fact that the camp was here was a good indication that the men of the Empire had carried the day.

"Make camp, men, and get some sleep" Marius ordered. He leaned down to his sergeant, "I'm off to get some stabling and announce to our new commander that we have arrived. See the men get fed."

"Yes sir" replied the sergeant.  Marius nodded to his second and trotted off through the camp.

Right, I will obviously transfer to the first-person when I have someone to talk to etc!  Now, a brief history of my character:

Beck is a young, dashing captain of Stirland.  He is popular among the society of Stirland, despite beginning life as a peasant.  

During his youth, he practised with the longbow every day, and became a crack shot.  At the age of 16, he saved the Elector's life as part of the village militia.  Too young for the Greatswords, he was offered and accepted a post in the pistolier corps.  He distinguished himself in the next year, taking charge after a foppish young noble had almost lost the battle by advocating the pistoliers to retreat.  Again turning the tide, he was given a small command in the tiny garrison town of Minkhof.  

Here he began to be attracted to the bright lights and riches of "society".  To become a part of this, he studied his etiquette and then began to court Hannah, the eldest daughter of the local baron, a beautiful blonde woman, although 6 years his senior.  They married a week before Marius' twentieth birthday, and he was now vindicated in his pursuit of becoming a member of the aristocracy (not to mention finding his fortune!).

Now, though, Marius again yearns for the excitement and glory of battle, and tales of hordes of chaos massing in the north have led him to again take up arms.  His personal troops folowed him out of Minkhof, guarding the carriage carrying his wife.  Following rumours that Middenheim was a centre that welcomed warriors, it was to here he set out.

On arriving, he learned that an army had just set out to combat an approaching host of lizardmen.  After finding quarter for his wife, he set out, carrying his longbow and sword that had faithfully served him since adolescence...

Hmm... brief... yeah...
Luckily, before he buggered off, Sigmar blessed my artillery dice.

BANG!

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 06:36:18 PM »
Lethair could only watch as the five remaining hunters approached him. Their uniforms were covered in blood and mud, along with the rest of their bodies. Hafald, their leader, stepped forward.

"Hafald's Hunters reporting sir."

Lethair was struck by the fact that none of the hunters seemed to care about the fact that only five of them had survived the battle. He quickly recovered his poise and replied to Hafald.

"Your men have fought well, Hafald. I would certainly have been killed many times if they had not been there to protect me."

"That was our mission, wizard, and we are not men to fail in our mission."

"You certainly have not failed me and therefore I thank you once again. Now please tell me, what happened to you after I had to leave you?"

Hafald grinned.

"Well sir, you confused the hell out of these lizards with your big disappearance trick and all. That gave us just enough time to reach the combat around the Slann and avoid being charged in the open. Brutal combat over there, that's for sure. These temple guard are mean bastards and you certainly don't want to get hit by one of those enormous halberds they're wielding. I find myself lucky to be still alive. Some of us weren't so lucky as you can see."

"I noticed. Don't worry, their families will be recompensated generously for their loss. These men died in a special mission and will be honoured as such. Tell your remaining men that their pay has been doubled for this battle. Afterwards, get yourselves something to eat and drink and try to celebrate this victory!"

Or simply your survival, Lethair added mentally, fully aware that they would've all been killed if the battle had continued until only one side was still standing. As he saw the hunters move off to the campfires around the camp, Lethair started to walk around the camp too, simply watching the soldiers sitting around the campfires telling herioc stories and looking for any familiar faces. He didn't even find one familiar face around the campfires and that simple fact made him shiver...

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 08:16:24 PM »
After setting up the camp Charles himself went to find his lost detachments the ones who valiently held the armies flank as he walking on a man came walking up it was one of the men he was in binds, Charles ran to him quickly and cut the ropes binding his hands!  "What happened are any of the others alive?"  The soldier looked at him blankly, "No, all dead... all dead!"  Charles hid his sorrow, "alright the camp is up ther go get yourself something to eat we will talk later!"  The soldier saluted Charles and walked up the hill to camp.  Charles turned around and continued looking he saw a large object in the distance and approached it to find out it was the steam tank broken but still in one piece!

"Curse those ELVES!"  Charles stated silently!

"Your telling me!"  Charles startled looked around for the voice as the engineer operating the tank opened the hatch and stepped out!

Charles smiled...

OCC: hmmm lol we need more to report not this many died I hope!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 01:57:34 PM »
Konrad, being relieved to see that the battle has been resolved, walks back to his swordsmen, sticking back his Sword of Power into its scabbard.

Konrad: You have fought well, not a single one wavering despite the tremendous odds. Sergeant Höllen, you have my permission to hand out decorations as you see fit. Soldiers, I have political business to take care of. Go get some rest, and something to drink. But don't get drunk, I sense we will see more fighting before this day is over.

Konrad tosses a pouch of coins to Höllen to administer and sets off towards Charles' command tent.

Konrad: Konrad von Richtmark reporting!
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 02:02:11 PM »
Rudolf, seeing that the battle has ended and the lizardmen have suddenly disengaged his tank, shouts down to Anton:

Rudolf: The battle is over, let's get out and repair that wheel!

Anton: Aye sir!

While trying to bend back the metal into the right shape to get the iron-shodding of the wheel into order, Rudolf hears Count Charles call all unit commanders.

Rudolf: I have to go, try to weld the boiler pipe while I'm away receiving orders.

In a minute, a master engineer covered in soot and oil enters Charles' command tent and joins the assembled commanders.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »
Then Lethair decided that it would be time for him to visit Charles to meet the after-battle reports. Slowly, he walked to the command tent and arrived there after walking for some minutes through the camp full of strangers. Sometimes he thought he recognised a soldier he had seen before, but he never found someone he instantly recognised. Many me had died since he had joined this army and many more had taken their places, he thought to himself. Quietly he hoped that he would meet Konrad at the command tent, he was one of the only people that he had known for some time now, all his other friends had been killed in battle.

He opened the flap of the command tent and stepped inside. There he saw Charles sitting behind a desk, obviously still waiting for more commanders to arrive. On some chairs scattered around the room sat some of the other commanders. The crazed engineer of the steam tank seemed to have survived the battle, although he was covered in filth and stratches now.

Konrad von Richtmark was also there. The youth had changed in this battle, that was instantly visible, although Lethair couldn't decide what had changed exactly. It was certain that Konrad had suffered great wounds in this battle, but he seemed to have been healed by a skilled priest. Other than the pink colour of the new skin, no visible marks of the wounds were visible. Lethair nodded to Konrad in greeting and then walked over to Charles' desk.

"Lethair Kuldenbach reporting, count."

Offline megamac20817

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 04:52:37 PM »
Boris and Gotrek walked in together into the command tent. They sat down in a corner, waiting for this to start. They both wanted to get back to their men before night. Boris had to return quickly to Middenheim so as to avenge Kislev and Gotrek needed to defend Esmer, as that was his duty.
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 05:22:59 PM »
OOC:

:shock:

If I'm not mistaken, Gotrek was the leader of the tutogen guard. Why would they ever even consider to act as a bodyguard to Johann von Esmer, the grand Theogist (of Sigmar) when they are officially the bodyguard of the Ar-Ulric?  :?

Offline The Elector of Stirland

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 06:48:23 PM »
Marius headed towards the command tent, dismounting as he reached the guards.

"Take my horse, soldier - he needs stabling"

"Yes my lord" replied the guard, noting the air of nobility and well cut cloth, "How shall I announce you, sir?"

"Tell the general that Captain Marius Beck of Stirland has arrived."
The guard hurried off, Marius following.  He stepped into the ill-lit gloom of the tent.

"Captain Beck, sir, reporting for duty with my company of archers."
Luckily, before he buggered off, Sigmar blessed my artillery dice.

BANG!

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 04:49:26 AM »
Ludwig: corporal take my horse..........
Corporal:yes sir!
Ludwig: Ludwig leader of your pistolier corps reporting for duty... Sir!
Ludwig: the flaggelents have left my lord.... they have gone down to brettonia to train there as my interior guard (greatswords) for an outpost down there that i command......
Ludwig: sir will you hand out decorations and what has happened to bernando's pikes and the handgunnner's of Vek (warrior will you give us upgrades as i told you aboput in the recruiting rpg)
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 04:51:09 AM »
Charles looked up at the newcomer thinking to himself if only they where a bit earlier a couple more men might have lived...

"Alright is this about everyone anyone else that comes can be caught up upon their arrival!  Alright men this was a tough battle every unit is atleast half its original size.  But we need to pull together I hate to ask this but I know their are more elves in the area not just one elf organized this hole thing and i plan on finding this group and ending this now we will send the remainder of the army marching back to middenheim to restock on goods and men!  Each of you choose 3 of your best men to join you on this small campaign!  Anyone who wishes not too praticipate may leave with the other men.  I hate to ask you guys this after such a battle but i want to prevent something like this from ever happening again.  So anyone who leaves will not be thought coward or unloyal you have a few minutes to discuss and think over your decision also notify your men and report back here if your going if you are not you may leave and help prep the army for the march home."

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 03:03:09 PM »
Rudolf: Sire, if a covert operation is what will commence next, Himmelwagen will be of little use. We will stay as long as we need to repair it to the point where it can return to Talabheim.

Konrad: Sir Charles, with your permission, I will assign some of the army weaponsmiths to the repairs of Himmelwagen. I have paid quite a sum for that contraption, and intend to preserve it. I will return to my unit and pick some of my finest men for whatever venture you are planning.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 03:27:12 PM »
Konrad returns to his men, who have scattered over some area, opening ale casks and bragging about their pursuits. Sergeant Höllen notices that Konrad has returned, and quickly stands up and salutes. The other men hear their sergeant's salute and stand up themselves, many stripped of their armour and scrambling for their greatswords to keep up at least a semi-respectable look.

Konrad: At easy, men. You have performed excellently, and most of us will be on the way home soon.

The soldiers cheer, one of them lifting his ale mug to salute Konrad.

Konrad: There is a final phase to this adventure. What turned the lizardmen against us in battle was an item some elves have stolen from them. I know not what Count Charles exactly intends, but it is a mission requiring the best and most loyal of fighters. I want three men with me, prepared to follow me wherever this venture takes us!

All the soldiers shouted cries of approval, everyone wanting to prove their worth.

Konrad: Sergeant Höllen, you have been my closest and most trusted man in this campaign, and in the battle against the Orcs where I recruited you. You will be one. As for the other men, choose two who you find to be of good character, but not anyone you decorated today. Everyone will have his chance for glory sooner or later.

Höllen: A wise decision, my Lord.

Konrad sits down on a rock and starts loading his repeater pistols, wondering where Charles will lead him.

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 03:48:03 PM »
OOC: i forgot to say you couldnt bring it anyways lol but thanks for taking the initiative in sending it home.

Charles walks out find 3 men to follow him he walks up to swordsman the unit he lead himself. Alright i need 3 of you to come with me for a special mission the reason the lizards attacked us was that some elves had stolen a relic from them and framed us!  Charles walks up to the unit seargent, who's name was John.  He had no last name!  Alright John you and 2 of your best men must follow me on this mission i leave it to you to choose the 2.  The lone detachment survivor the spearmen he had found on the field earleir stood insisting he must go.  Charles shook his head after all this man had been through he still wanted to fight on.  The kid which he was yound was saying that he wanted a chance to get some revenge for his comrades lost!  Charles smiled alright make him one and walked towards Konrad.

"Konrad I have been meaning to give this back to you", hands the repeater pistol the lizardmen had given back to them.  "It was originially yours," pointing out Konrads iniatials and his sign.  "I think the elves stole in our battle against the dark elves!"  

User#364

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 04:01:09 PM »
Lethair stood up slowly, shaken by the fact that half the army had been destroyed in what had only been a misunderstanding. How useless had these men's lives been thrown away, only because of the revenge of one elf? If was hard to accept that.

Then he walked out of the tent, saluting all who were still there and started to search for Hafald and his hunters. He knew that Charles had told him to take only three men with him, but it would be impossible to leave only two hunters while taking the other three with him. Suddenly he saw them sitting around a small campfire, a grim look on their faces.

As Lethair approached the men, Hafald lifted his head and nodded to the wizard. Lethair smiled back and sat down next to him.

"Hafald, I've got one more favor to ask from you. Charles is leading a small group of men on a covert mission and he has asked all commanders to bring a small company to join him. Orignally, he has asked for only three men for each leader, but I felt it would be better for me to take the entire remains of your unit with me. I don't know exactly what we will do, but would you join me?"

"You are an interesting man, Lethair. However, you've earned my respect and I'll gladly join you. I doubt any of my unit would feel any different."

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 07:11:13 PM »
OOC: i asked only 3 because i wanted to send some hoem so the unit would survive a little i didnt want hole units!  A lot of people are down to that number Rathis!

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 01:20:14 PM »
OOC: I will be computerless until Monday, so if you start before that I let Rathis take command of my "unit".

Konrad looks on the lad that brought him the repeater pistol, and remembers an incident he had with a peasant some months ago in a siege defence.

Konrad: Well, thank you my lad. I will most certainly need that one on my mission. That makes six repeater pistols altogether, enough to put a smoking hole through the head of eighteen elves!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 09:27:34 PM »
It Count Charles or Charles!  Holding back a  laugh as Konrad blushes and salutes!  

OOC: hurry up and get yo men all! we start monday!

User#364

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 09:30:22 PM »
ludwig: krark give me 3 men and take the rest out to the wilderness to become my greatsword guard! kyogen! bob! *2 pistoliers run up to ludwig* Here take a repeater pistol we are going to make a covert strike against the disloyal elves
Kyogen&Bob: hurrah!
00C:warrior how is ceridan gonna like this  :?  :?

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 11:49:10 PM »
Did ceridan not fight by our side here these elves we persue do not follow the same flag or king that ceridan does!

Charles walks up to Konrad and Rathis so who do we have so far?

User#364

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »
Lethair looked up as Charles approached

"Greetings count. I suppose you came to see which men I've chosen to accompany me?"

"You are correct"

"Well, there's something I wanted to ask you. You've said that we could only take three men with us on this covert mission of yours. It seemed only logical to me to take the huntsmen with me, as they are the ones most suited to stealth and survival tactics. However, their unit has been reduced to only five men and to take only three with me would mean that only two would stay behind. Therefore, I request permission to take all five hunters with me. They will be a valuable asset to this mission with their scouting and stealth skills."

• Members
The Empire Camp
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2004, 09:50:42 AM »
My Lord Charles.... i appeal that all the huntsmen come with us on this covert mission i will even give up sending some flaggelents along to ensure they stand by my side ... and my pistolier korps stand ready to follow your orders

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
The Empire Camp
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2004, 05:36:36 PM »
Konrad, noticing that the one who gave him the repeater pistol actually is Count Charles, jumps up and salutes.

OOC: I thought it was the vengeful lad who gave Konrad the repeater pistol, the very same one some peasant took in the Dark Elf battle.

OOC2: Ceridan is a local friend of mine, I will ask him tomorrow if he will be with us.