home

Author Topic: 8th edition on route.  (Read 141765 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: 8th edition on route.
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
Also really nice to hear those Vox casts, in one they mentioned that they now have options with the Stratagems to add new rules to aid in recreating certain lore events.

I've also heard about the narrative campaigns, in which the players will dictate the future of the setting.

I hope it won't end like with the old 13th Black Crusade campaign, or the Storm of Chaos for WFB, glorious that it was.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »
I think they've learned to keep the global campaigns to areas that don't have major fluff implications. Instead of fighting to see if the entire Imperium gets destroyed, they've figured out that you can fight for an important planet (That no ones heard of till now).

It lets the results actualy mean something, without endangering the setting.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2017, 03:09:45 PM »
I think that this next campaign will take place on Konor, a Forgeworld in Ultramar. It is described in a few BL books, like "Fear to thread".
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #303 on: June 17, 2017, 09:59:10 AM »
Anyone got their goodies?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
Mine should be delivered today. PhillyT told me he had received his yesterday!
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2017, 12:31:01 PM »
Just throwing this in for some flesh tearers fluff plus primaris marine builds.  As it turns out, mongoosematt, who is a big AoS fan, also wrote the chapter fluff on these guys.  More mysteries revealed 😸

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
My LFGS has some books left after a release party last night evidently. Debating on picking one up but I'm going back to Korea and don't want to have to work out how I'll pack so soon. May just wait an order it when I get there.
Anyone have experience with GW shipping to an APO? 
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
Got my stuffs!! and a small poster and the clear range ruler as a bonus, but my mail order Drones aren't yet..
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2017, 11:11:55 PM »
Mine has arrived and I have cut it up a bit. Yay!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2017, 12:27:43 AM »
I was in the store and watching all the excited people starting to build theirs, but holding off on my own for now. Got to save up and see who wants to split on stuff around me.

Actually liked the look of the index books. Might go back to pick up the ones I need before I get the set.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »
Gankom, which models do you want to keep out of the box?  I have a buddy who will but the Chaos portion off you if you want to split it off.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
Your buddy is going to have the biggest Chaos army this side of the Eye of Terror . . .

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
Sorry Philly, I already have a line up of people around here to split with. Most likely I'm going to split with my brother and end up with the death guard to start a chaos force. If I come across anyone who wants to sell their chaos forces (or primaris) I'll post it up here. I don't mind middlemaning stuff to whoever wants it.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2017, 07:22:00 PM »
I made a dedicated swap thread in the Trading Post, although only Philly and I have used it so far.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »
Well 1 for 1 is certainly better then 1 for none. Sounds like it's two happy people.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2017, 10:45:49 PM »
No worries, I think my buddy has more than enough to deal with right now!

In other news we played a bunch of games over the weekend.  I really like the new system.  Orks are awesome.

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #316 on: June 20, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
I have my stuff (just got one starter box and the index for Chaos), and looks good for now. The Index has all the basics for running my Chaos Army, with the following exceptions:

- no artifacts (i.e. Axe of Blind Fury); notes in the main rule book state these will come out when the main codex comes out.
- no bonus for marks. You can give any CSM the Mark of Khorne, but it doesn't give him extra attack/+1 S/etc. It doesn't COST anything, but it doesn't DO anything. Granted, if I give him the mark keyword "Khorne" and make him "World Eaters" legion keyword, and Kharn happens to be within 1", he gets to re-roll 1s to hit, or something like that.
- all the Legions are mentioned, but only World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard and Emperor's Children have specific notes, and even they don't provide any bonuses unless you bring the related special character.
- there is only one Chaos lore, 3 spells, that's it. No specific lore for Tzeentch/Nurgle/Slaanesh. Also, your sorcerer is set at two spells, and can attempt to deny one. No upgrades.

As for the Daemons, all looks good, but again, no relics/artifacts, but each Chaos god gets a bonus (Khorne Daemons, for instance, get +1 S when they charge AND get charged), and each Chaos god gets it's own lore for the psychic phase.

I am assuming much of the above that is missing will be taken care of when the actual codex for the army drops, which leads me to think of a possible problem. If they are going to drop codexs like they used too, the army that get's it's codex first will be more than a bit overpowered, and there will be a serious imbalance until the other army codexs start dropping. I'll feel bad for the guy who has to wait another 18-24 months for his codex to drop as he tries to play against a guy who's codex drops next month or so. Maybe they will release them all at once??? Digital???

Haven't played any games yet, but we are looking to roll some dice this weekend. My entire group is VERY excited about this release, and it has even brought back guys who gave up on GW years ago. It's a good time for 40K. :)
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Yeah, you'll get the fun stuff when the army drops.

So anyone look at the rules for Landraiders?  It says terminators take the space of two other models.  The "other" part makes it seem like they take up three spaces.  That can't be though, since that means you couldn't fit a minimal sized terminator unit into a landraider...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:10:49 PM by PhillyT »

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
"Two other models" means, I think, "two models other than Terminators". That is a fair reading.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
WHich is why I think its a misprint.  That means only the crusader can even accept terminators for transport.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »
Sorry, I think I was unclear in trying to explain the unclear thing. :)

I read it as meaning "each Terminator takes up the space occupied by two non-Terminator models". "Other models" does not mean "other in addition to the Terminator" but rather "other as distinct from the Terminator". A Terminator is (in this sentence) "a model". Anything else is "an other model".

If we reverse the statement, it might be easier to understand - "A Landraider may carry 5 Terminators. Other models occupy half the space of a Terminator."

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
Sorry, I think I was unclear in trying to explain the unclear thing. :)

I read it as meaning "each Terminator takes up the space occupied by two non-Terminator models". "Other models" does not mean "other in addition to the Terminator" but rather "other as distinct from the Terminator". A Terminator is (in this sentence) "a model". Anything else is "an other model".

If we reverse the statement, it might be easier to understand - "A Landraider may carry 5 Terminators. Other models occupy half the space of a Terminator."

I read it the same as Darknight. Don't see any change of carrying capacity of Landraiders or other transports from 7th to 8th.

Plus my Chaos Landraider now has Daemonic Machine Spirit! BWAHAHAHAHA!  :evil:

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:55 PM »
I got all my stuff today. First change ive noted on lists is that IG Vet squads can now have three special weapons and a heavy flamer rather than just two specials and the HF.

My 2000pts list from 7th is now 2179pts in 8th, power level 124

Vox and medi kits are much more attractive for command squads now and melta have gone up to 12 while plasmas down to 7 with no overheat unless you supercharge it. I will change the load out of my two four melta gun command squads i think, shift one melta into the vet squads to make three and add in vox to them and the squads.

Im looking forward to my FW IG book so i can see the drop troop list And re cost that army.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
My 2000pts list from 7th is now 2179pts in 8th, power level 124

Everyone I know who has put together their 7th list as an 8th list has gone over in points anywhere from 200-300. I think a lot of that has to do with many formations in 7th giving you "free" stuff, like transports or chaos marks. Haven't tried my CSM list yet, but I'm assuming it will be over.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2017, 09:23:35 AM »
So how viable would be to use 6 Leman Russ BT's? I have quite a few and was wondering, how good are they now?

Gneisenau