home

Author Topic: Rules qustion  (Read 981 times)

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
Rules qustion
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »
If a wizard is in a unit and that unit fails its charge, can the wizard still cast spells?

My Friend and I have been playing it since we started 8th edition years ago that you cannot cast spells if your wizard/unit fails a charge.
I had a game today with someone new and he said that you can. I looked in rule book and cannont find.

The only thing I could find that even remotely links to my confusion is that under magic missiles its references "as if the wizard was firing a missile weapon" when talking about forward arc. And then under shooting it says a unit that fails a charge can't shoot missile weapons.
So I guess I can trace my rules Misinterpretation from when I first learned the rules to this. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Rules qustion
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:03:00 AM »
As you say, the reference to shooting is limited to targeting by a magic missile. Magic is not shooting, and a spell is not a missile weapon, and unless specified otherwise, never the twain shall meet.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)