home

Author Topic: 8th Edition Story revised  (Read 3787 times)

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
Re: 8th Edition Story revised
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 04:12:26 AM »
that was my thought too, but I was hoping we could advance the story line for a bit.  that way we could still use all the models and their rules if people wanted to play with Nagesh, rotgrub (can't remember the nurgle guy).  Effectively, playing DURING the end times, but the end times does not come to pass.

I was afraid you were going to say that  :icon_razz:

here's a suggestion i thought

In the Great War Before Time, all life meet it's end. Everything fell into oblivion in a glimpse of an eye. Centuries of creation, growth, trials and restorations vanished, and history moved on, like a turning page of a book. Many pages have been turned, since the human god fell defeated to the core of his own world. That world came to pass, and as the ancient prophet who lost his sanity had seen, another cosmos took its place, one none had ever dare to imagine. The human god climped to the surface and in a new alliance forged a reality with no boundaries the human mind can conceive.
But what once happened, may not remain forgotten... The Three-Eyed Usurper, once saw a truth that haunted him forever: ...and the terrible King, with the face of the thousands, is witnessing the Eternal world...
In a rare peaceful moment in this New Cosmos, a blind guest who will be remembered elsewhere as Necrodomo, carefully wrote down everything Sigmar told him, word by word. Stormcast Eternals watched silent, stood impassively as they always did. Those scripts are ment to be found by a certain someone, to trigger the events in a world lost gone. If this scheme succeeds, through his Celestial Realmgate, Sigmar will once more witness the glimpse of the realm that once was. Step by step he approaches the gate, his chance to create a new kingdom, that is not yet. He will be born a mortal baby, son of a common mortal chief, but will hold an immortal soul, bound forever to the World It Was and Will. In there, he will start a new kingdom. And when the time comes, he'll abandon it to flourish on it's own. Aeons without him will flow like water in a stream, pass like mere seconds: who knows how these lands will involve and what marvels its inhabitants will witness. But he will secretly wait by their side, for the chance to triumph in a War he once lost.
And it's people will wait for his return, as they always did.
Now, the year is 2522 and it is the reign of Emperor Karl Franz.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:20:37 AM by iatroblast »

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
Re: 8th Edition Story revised
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 04:25:53 AM »
Imagine you had bought the end times stuff, how much were the 4 books? £40 a pop plus the expensive new miniatures only to see your investment replaced in under 6 months. Sucks to be those guys who bought into it  :icon_lol:

That would be my friend. He bought everything. Never even got one game of ETs in before the world went tits up.

Go in with an older mate in a suit, and approach the manager for a refund on that basis - when he looks confused say "I've brought my solicitor with me, who will be listening to your response!"   :engel:

Guy I used to work with pretended to be my "lawyer", Al Goldstein, over the phone when talking to a small insurance company that was stringing me along after a car accident. Got a check within the week. I could never have gotten away with it, but he had huge balls, was sharp as a tack, and could talk the lingo assertively. Don't even want to know what kind of laws he was breaking or what would have happened if they called his bluff.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson