home

Author Topic: Blightkings - Are they to be feared  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Ambrose

• Members
Blightkings - Are they to be feared
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »
Greetings all,

I may be facing between 8 and 10 Blightkings and am wondering if they are something to be feared.  I believe they got a poor review as they are infantry (not monsterous Infantry) but I know nothing about them.  Should I fear them more than ogres?  I struggle against ogres and, going by the model, am a bit apprehensive with these chaos scum.

Anyone have any experience fighting them?  Any tips?

Ambrose
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Blightkings - Are they to be feared
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:27:23 AM »
Being infantry rather than monstrous infantry means they are still susceptible to killing blow and stomp, and only one supporting attack from ranks. And being on 40mm bases means it's hard to take a big unit to bunker a character for look out sir, or to make them a horde.

That said they are a very hard to kill elite combat unit, Only Demigryph Knights from our Empire would be able to deal with them

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:06:16 AM »
Oxycutor lists their drawbacks nicely. Now think about how good the Empire access to killing blow and stomp/thunderstomp is  :dry:

High WS and Nurgle is always a pain to deal with and from my experience the number of attacks these guys crank out are painful. But, I usually see them in smallish units (presumably because of the few support attacks). then despite of their strengths they can't really deal with a main combat block while being too slow to be super effective on the flanks.

If you can line it up, a cannon ball down their rank is a thing of gruesome beauty.

Let us know how it goes.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
As they're usually in small units 5-10.   Which means you can usually be steadfast against them, and a small frontage can reduce the number of incoming attacks, so you could get them with combat res.

Their large base size, and normal Movement, means they are a bit unwieldy like a horde, so you can try and manoeuvre them where you want them.

Handgunners, and or a volley gun can soften them up a little bit first.   As Naitsabes said, Cannon in the Flank is nasty.   Luminark Laser bound spell in the flank could possibly do so damage as well, not as reliable as a cannon shot though.