home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261654 times)

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1775 on: June 14, 2021, 12:25:20 AM »
An illustrated breakdown of what a Free City settlement looks like in Age of Sigmar, ie, the sort of lore we should have had five years ago when AOS launched:

https://taleofpainters.com/2021/06/first-look-aos3-age-of-sigmar-dominion/?fbclid=IwAR3fzt3LnHLYF8YdrPOKb9gje_18piy99c1jAsbvB3C_cAkCs1ZhlJAFpm8

Old Stonebeard
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1776 on: June 14, 2021, 01:16:02 AM »
An illustrated breakdown of what a Free City settlement looks like in Age of Sigmar, ie, the sort of lore we should have had five years ago when AOS launched:

https://taleofpainters.com/2021/06/first-look-aos3-age-of-sigmar-dominion/?fbclid=IwAR3fzt3LnHLYF8YdrPOKb9gje_18piy99c1jAsbvB3C_cAkCs1ZhlJAFpm8
That link goes to a "first look" (we've seen it already) of the Dominion box set.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1777 on: June 14, 2021, 04:06:44 AM »
Cool models in the new starter set. I'd be tempted, if I hadn't just decided to go all in on Undead.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1778 on: June 14, 2021, 04:56:24 PM »
That link goes to a "first look" of the Dominion box set.

Yep, my bad. When I previewed the post the link went directly to the image, not the article.

Since this is a rumor thread as well, the scuttlebutt on the street is that these Dawnbringer Crusades will be a soft reboot for Cities of Sigmar. Over in the Animosity server, opinion has seemingly divided into two camps: those who enjoy the melting pot diversity of the current amalgamated WHFB model ranges, and those like me who want to see the range completely redone in the vein of what we've seen in Warhammer Quest:

Regardless, this emphasis on civilization has me cautiously optimistic that the common men and women of the Mortal Realms might actually get some attention this edition.

(we've seen it already)

Indeed! It's almost as if we have a plurality of threads discussing basically the same things  :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_lol: :::cheers:::
Old Stonebeard
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 05:27:54 PM by Old Stonebeard »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1779 on: June 14, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »

That link goes to a "first look" (we've seen it already) of the Dominion box set.
Yep, my bad. When I previewed the post the link went directly to the image, not the article.
Well don't keep us in suspense, where's that "illustrated breakdown of what a Free City settlement looks like" :icon_question:

...Since this is a rumor thread as well, the scuttlebutt on the street is that these Dawnbringer Crusades will be a soft reboot for Cities of Sigmar. Over in the Animosity server, opinion has seemingly divided into two camps: those who enjoy the melting pot diversity of the current amalgamated WHFB model ranges, and those like me who want to see the range completely redone in the vein of what we've seen in Warhammer ...
It could be both.

... Regardless, this emphasis on civilization has me cautiously optimistic that the common men and women of the Mortal Realms might actually get some attention this edition.
Maybe.

(we've seen it already)
Indeed! It's almost as if we have a plurality of threads discussing basically the same things  :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_lol: :::cheers:::
And if folks didn't duplicate the info already provided, perhaps that would less likely occur. :icon_wink: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1780 on: June 14, 2021, 06:28:27 PM »
Well don't keep us in suspense, where's that "illustrated breakdown of what a Free City settlement looks like" :icon_question:

Why, it's in the Tale of Painters article, of course:

Apologies for duplicating info, as I'm sure you've already read the article, yes? I know you wouldn't be forming opinions based on five-year-old preconceived notions, would you?

:blush: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
Old Stonebeard

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1781 on: June 14, 2021, 07:55:45 PM »

Why, it's in the Tale of Painters article, of course:

Apologies for duplicating info, as I'm sure you've already read the article, yes? I know you wouldn't be forming opinions based on five-year-old preconceived notions, would you?

:blush: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
Something must be getting lost in translation because … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnVrjFSE1hA

My apology, and best regards for whatever you’re talking about, I’m sure only the best is meant.  :icon_wink:  :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:28:54 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1782 on: June 14, 2021, 09:23:21 PM »
I always mean only the best when it comes to you, GP  :happy: :blush:

:::cheers:::
Old Stonebeard
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:57:38 AM by Old Stonebeard »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1783 on: June 14, 2021, 11:51:10 PM »
I'll take that as a compliment, although won't let it get to my head. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1784 on: June 17, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »
A new warcom article about Cities of Sigmar in the new edition. Not really any previews, just general marketing hype, but I do like some of the art.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/17/command-the-new-editions-most-diverse-army-roster-with-the-cities-of-sigmar/

I have to say I've always really liked the idea of Cities of Sigmar. It one of the itches the Fantasy Empire just never scratched for me. A truly diverse multicultural faction with elements all over the place. I like being able to use my dwarves, elves and 10 shades of humans all at once. You could kinda do with that previous editions of fantasy, or via proxy, but it wasn't quite the same.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1786 on: June 17, 2021, 05:43:42 PM »
I'm all for having human armies that include dwarfs and elfs, although having a "war hydra" with dark elfs included as well?  I realize some will be all over the chaotic nature of that idea, especially with the Stormcrud having a leader dudette that collects severed heads.

(Wait GP ... what did you just write?)

Well, I did again call them Stormcrud, suspect that is too much for some, even though I did go looking for a box of their Warcry warband the other day in a local hobby shop, but didn't find one. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

(No, no, GP ... I mean after that.)

That sort of speaks for itself.  :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1787 on: June 17, 2021, 06:05:42 PM »
WHY NEW THING NOT LIKE OLD THING

:icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
Old Stonebeard

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1788 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
WHY NEW THING NOT LIKE AS GOOD AS OLD THING

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1789 on: June 17, 2021, 10:20:27 PM »
Something about beholder’s eyes and salt mines, my friend :)

Old Stonebeard

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1791 on: June 18, 2021, 12:17:31 AM »
To add to the discussion, Dark Elves have been part of the Order alliance since pretty much day 1 of AoS, so its about as old news as the setting gets. Order doesn't mean nice and non murdery, it just means there's some inherent authority that people are generally fine with running things. And Morathi and Malakieth have an iron grip on their people. You might even say a strong Order to their people.

Plus most of the DW have been part of cities of sigmar since day 1 as well.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1792 on: June 18, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
Yep, not that DE in Alliance is new, and looking back on all of it, seems a bit more telling today.  Until and if  they create more figures, like they did for the dwarfs, it's gonna be what it is.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1793 on: July 03, 2021, 07:37:37 PM »
A ton of new Orc and Stormcast models have been revealed, with their new armybooks coming in August.

Can ya dig it?

In B4 people notice the names...

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1794 on: July 03, 2021, 07:50:59 PM »
Sloggoth is feminine in french eh... no that is mainly the weird spacing.

Again minis are nice but don't get the feel for what I would want. Strange LotR and Warhammer Hybrid Orcs, infinitely better looking but still silly Paladin look I hate Stormcasts. 
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1795 on: July 04, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »
These stormacasts have faces which is an improvement over faceless drones in gold suits of armour.

Still not enough for anything interesting orc-ish, which is annoying. I want fresh ideas and to be inspired!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1796 on: July 04, 2021, 01:58:49 PM »
Seeing the Stormcast with human heads it seems there are some Stormcast that appear to no longer be the spirits of dead warriors.  An interesting development.

And we see the emergence of new orc war machines, although looks like the same beast is being used for two different orc characters, which maybe means to figures in one monster box? Probably not.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1797 on: July 04, 2021, 03:48:06 PM »
Seeing the Stormcast with human heads it seems there are some Stormcast that appear to no longer be the spirits of dead warriors.  An interesting development.

All Stormcast are still the reforged spirits of dead warriors; that's how they become Stormcast. Although the original Warrior Chamber models did not feature any bare heads, they've always had human bodies underneath their armor in the lore.

And we see the emergence of new orc war machines, although looks like the same beast is being used for two different orc characters, which maybe means to figures in one monster box? Probably not.

That's absolutely a dual build kit, just like how Lauka Vai also builds the generic Avengorii lord.

Stonebeard

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1798 on: July 04, 2021, 04:05:01 PM »
Agreed with Stonebeard. The Stormcasts are just the same, they've actually had human heads for the models for awhile. Pretty much only the very first batch was helmet only. They are pushing more of the helmet less ones in the promo pictures which really help. Although I'm finding it interesting how many people I see online far prefer the masks.

And the duel boxes are pretty old, even going back to Fantast. Same beasty, slightly different bits to make a generic hero on monster or a special character on slightly different monster. There's lots of them at this piont.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1799 on: July 04, 2021, 05:49:48 PM »
Agreed with Stonebeard. The Stormcasts are just the same, they've actually had human heads for the models for awhile. Pretty much only the very first batch was helmet only. They are pushing more of the helmet less ones in the promo pictures which really help. Although I'm finding it interesting how many people I see online far prefer the masks.

And the duel boxes are pretty old, even going back to Fantast. Same beasty, slightly different bits to make a generic hero on monster or a special character on slightly different monster. There's lots of them at this piont.

I love the bare human heads over the masks, but I don't have Stormcasts, I just get my hands on as many different bare heads as I can for kitbashing and conversions because it's great for the variety!

Only thing is I can't keep up with all the new heads hitting the shelves!