home

Author Topic: The Province of STIRLAND  (Read 117796 times)

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
Re: The Province of STIRLAND
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »
K, so i'm converting a unit of vanillas from full plate with lance and round shields to Knights of the Sacred Scythe with flagellent face masks full plate and well scythes.  Only thing is colors and what to put on the shields.  I don't know much more than they are fanatical vampire hunters based out of Stirland. 

Would purple work for the trim?  The armor is gonna be black and i'll use some brass for accents.  What could go on the shield as they worship both Sigmar and Morr?  My last resort will be to put the vampire counts emblem with a big red circle with hex- you know, like ghost busters  :icon_razz: But I would rather have them looking B.A. since I already have one silly regiment in my army.

Please can I has ur ideas?
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
maybe an hourglass in the center of the twin-tailed comet
judoonplatoon1 - Stirheim mercinary rangers - Maricus Valar
pictures later working on capes and better painting jobs.
I'm a soul man

Offline Alexious

• Members
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2010, 07:56:35 AM »
K, so i'm converting a unit of vanillas from full plate with lance and round shields to Knights of the Sacred Scythe with flagellent face masks full plate and well scythes.  Only thing is colors and what to put on the shields.  I don't know much more than they are fanatical vampire hunters based out of Stirland. 

Would purple work for the trim?  The armor is gonna be black and i'll use some brass for accents.  What could go on the shield as they worship both Sigmar and Morr?  My last resort will be to put the vampire counts emblem with a big red circle with hex- you know, like ghost busters  :icon_razz: But I would rather have them looking B.A. since I already have one silly regiment in my army.

Please can I has ur ideas?

Interesting concept, as I am doing the same type of thing, but going for a fated type knightly order.

The traditional color is black but that said what I have come down on is looking at what will match the rest of the force well enough. If the majority of your army is Stirland, perhaps black and gold? black and silver? I do like the purple style as well, but it needs to fit in with the rest of what your doing. Have you considered for flag type theme going black and yellow as in flames or purification style?

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »
I'm not sure if i'm skilled enough to do flames, but purple is looking good.  I'm going to try uysing an actual scythe as a stencil, dip it in paint and slap it on a shield.  If that fails I will go black and brass and try my hand at hourglasses and flames= just had an idea while typing.  I just got six boxes of infantry and they have hourglasses in there which I may be able to shave down by a third then glue them to the shields as embossments.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
You rustic barbaric Stirlanders are no match for the Grand Duchy of Talabecland! You back woods hill-billies must bow before the might of the God Taal!

Stupid Stirlanders! Everyone knows your poor pathetic province is the joke of the Empire!

:icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:04:38 AM by Talben21 »

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
 Stirlanders fight off Vampire Counts everyday.  We're saving the Empire.  Your welcome. 

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
Plus it's funny when you win. :icon_wink:
I'm a soul man

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2010, 09:36:11 PM »
  The moral of this story is that Stirlanders are awesome. 

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2010, 04:30:28 AM »
You rustic barbaric Stirlanders are no match for the Grand Duchy of Talabecland! You back woods hill-billies must bow before the might of the God Taal!

Stupid Stirlanders! Everyone knows your poor pathetic province is the joke of the Empire! :icon_biggrin:

I'm sorry were you talking?  I must have not heard because I was thinking Karl Franz might be from Altdorf, but Sigmar's from Stirland!  :laugh:

I got a whole detachment of barefoot halberds now!
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
Sigmar is not from Stirland! Besides us Talabeclanders worship the mighty God Taal. Sigmar is all fine and good, but it is Taal that delivers the most protection for our forest realm.

See Taal's blessing has turned Talabecland into one of the mighty provinces of the Empire. We have cities, industry, agriculture and a professional army. You Stirlanders live in an accursed place with rocky soil that will grow no crops. Your solider's are so poor that they cannot even afford regular uniforms! The shame!

The Emperor should just allow Talabecland to annex Stirland and then we could just have two runefangs for our province. I mean its only fair seeing as how Talabecland is the largest province in the Empire. Maybe after acquiring you we Talabeclanders could teach you some proper manners!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:12:02 PM by Talben21 »

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
  Morr is better than Taal.  Taal is really just a pansie wood elf in disguise.  Morr is death.  Can't beat that. 

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
And I believe we have Nuln so I think our artillery would be sufficient to win.
I'm a soul man

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2010, 01:25:50 AM »
Yet the Stirland thread grows, while the Talabecland thread withers at the bottom of the board...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2010, 02:57:23 AM »
Hah your thread grows from people making fun of you! Again, your province cannot even afford to give its troops uniforms!

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2010, 03:16:27 AM »
  (changes into a very debating nerd) But, we CAN afford to kick your provinces ass.   :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  LMFAO

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2010, 05:49:10 AM »
  (changes into a very debating nerd) But, we CAN afford to kick your provinces ass.   :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  LMFAO

+1 Bare feet and all!   :biggriin: 

Men of Stirland, shall we annex them or just succeed from the Empire?  Or perhaps we should just let the river pirates and vampires through to the heartland until they realize that we are "Gondor" and beg us for assistance.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
  We'll just turn our head when a few hordes of unstoppable vampires make it into the Empire.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2010, 11:03:43 PM »
Only reason Ostermark was ruined and the city of Altdorf itself threatened by the Vampire Counts is because the army of Stirland wilted like dew in the morning sun!

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »
  It was Vlad von Carstein and a host of undead so large it could've ripped Talabecland in half and slaughtered the entire province.  Not only have we fought bravely in the Vampire Wars, we were also one of the first line defenses against them.  Anyway Stirland rules. 

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:23 AM »
Yep, I just fought an orc horde at a pass today, (Battle 3) and killed them to the last model.  Sure I lost a lot of spearmen and halberds but we got the job done just fine.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline Burkhardt Stirlander

• Members
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
hi, im new to the forum, i recently started a stirland army, because i think they are the most awsome, fighting undeads allday.
so leading my army is Burkhardt Stirlander (which seems a bit cheesy, but i like it)

i haven't made up so much fluff yet.

Offline judoonplatoon1

• Members
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Maybe relative to the Elector of Stirland?
Any way great choice of province.
I'm a soul man

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:36 AM »
Yes welcome!  Have a beer  :::cheers::: on Midaski's tab and some shoes on mine~  :blush:
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Stirland

Offline TexasYankee

• Members
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
Yes welcome!  Have a beer  :::cheers::: on Midaski's tab and some shoes on mine~  :blush:

Re-gifter! You aren't giving him the nice shoes I sent you, are you? Remember, the ones with the lacing instructions?  :laugh:
So, what would you guys do if some dude came at you with a belt that way?
Make sure I've got the safeword memorised.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
With the special laces that let you tie them up even if you have six fingers.

Oh you country folk and your squabbling, Wouldn't see any of that in fair Nuln!
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.