home

Author Topic: Imperial Dwarves updated 27th/9th  (Read 11180 times)

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: Imperial Dwarves updated 27th/9th
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
does anyone else miss being able to buy figures like these?  to me they really had some character and were a real pleasure to paint.  steveb

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »
Actually I wanted to make bfsp chaos dwarfs but now I really consider starting BFSP imperial/DoW Dwarfs.

I like the crewmen with the beret and the feather  like this one -> :closed-eyes:
Puffy sleeves should be not to difficult with green stuff.
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »

I'm happy I picked up a some of those figures when I did, though I am still looking for a lot of them. (BTW, if anyone wants to PM me regarding a trade in the US, I've got spare figures from the spearmen regiment, especially command figures, and I am looking for some of the MM15/1 figures.)

They also did a set of imperial looking dwarves with separate handguns. The only pic I've got right now is of one I converted to hold a plastic empire greatsword:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/dgs02a.jpg

There are no hands on the dwarf, they are cast on the handgun. I believe GW later made a crossbow that would fit on these dwarves, as well.

Here's another converted old figure I thought would fit in with the imperial look, it's the champion from the 2nd version (?) of Bugmans Rangers. I think you may still be able to get him through mail order. All I did was off the axe and replaced it with a greatsword:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/dgs01.jpg

Mr. Anderssen, are you going to be converting more figures or just the cannon & crew? I'd love to see some more.

Offline mnicho01

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »
Hi

I have just added some photos to my photobucket of the Imperial Dwarves I have.  Some are the Handgunners the last person was talking about.  I painted the dwarves but have not stuck on the guns yet so they look a bit odd.  It's been about 10 years not so I ought to finish them now.  The other photos are of Dwarf crossbowmen.  I recall buying these from my local GW store years ago during one of their sales of old stock.  You know how it is you just have to have them all.  I intend to use them as human troops rather than dwarves due to the prohibitive points cost of the stunty fellows. They just make a nice change to see on the battle field and they fit in with the fluff.

Check out my post "Dusted off and ready for action" for the pictures of the dwarfs.

Michael

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »
I unfortuneately do not have any to trade, but if you would like to sell some let me know   steveb

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 12:40:13 AM »
hey, zero-twenty three, Are you the person with the marienberg thread on warseer? And yes I will be doing more conversions.
EDIT: I just read the other thread and found out it was you.

Mr.Anderssen

Doop123

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 06:52:38 PM »
 :icon_eek: a dwarf in the imperial army thats outrageous!

Offline Wolfshart

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:42 PM »
:icon_eek: a dwarf in the imperial army thats outrageous!

How so? There are large populations of dwarves in some of the major cities throughout the Empire. Heck even Altdorf has a "dwarven quarter".
"Hope" is not a strategy.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »
if dwarves in the empire disturbs you greatly, then methinks that you must be a Bretonian, you probably dont like black powder either, nuff said?   steveb    (shoot low they are riding shetland ponies)

Offline Davo

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:12 AM »
I think dwarves are great in an empire army but......they do stand out too much or not stand out stand down....well they....STAND OUT :ph34r:
EH, EH, EH