home

Author Topic: What can I do with what I have? (AoS, WHFB, T9A)  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Baneblade

• Members
What can I do with what I have? (AoS, WHFB, T9A)
« on: November 11, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
So I've had this Empire army since I was about 12 or 13. I've been collecting, painting and reading the novels for years, but only recently got into playing the games. Right now our big interests in the area are T9A and AoS, though I'd play some WHFB if someone asked lol. I'd just like some general advice on how to use what I've got, and to know if I can grab anything that'd make it more useful in anything.  :happy:

1 mounted general w/ lance and pistol
1 mounted general w/ standard
1 foot general w/ sigmarite weapon and shield
1 warrior priest
1 mounted wizard

10 Greatswords (w/ musician and standard)
8 Empire knights (musician and standard)
4 pistoliers

10 swordsmen (musician and standard)
10 militia
10 spearmen (musician and standard)
42 handgunners (musician and standard)

1 Great Cannon

Danke schoen!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:06:17 AM by Baneblade »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: What can I do with what I have? (AoS, WHFB, T9A)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:42:34 AM »
Seems to be a pretty 'standard' army to me.
My suggestion would be to put a couple of the HQ choices aside during most games. Not to say you should get rid of them or pawn them off, just put them aside. You seem to have more leaders then troops.
My other suggestion would be to add a couple more core units. AND artillery. Always good to have a spare cannon or mortar in case one explodes. 

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:27:30 PM »
I am assuming your collection is plastic except the warrior priest and mounted wizard.

You need more infantry. Each unit should ideally be at least 20, if not 30-40. You aren’t going to achieve much with units of 10.
This can be achieved in a few ways, assuming the models are plastic, and you have a little bit of a bits box. Also 42 handgunners is a strange number. Some of these should get converted into infantry.

How did you build your militia? I assume using plastic Free Company kit? Why / how only 10?

Fo you have the leftover bits from the cannon? You may be able to convert / kitbash a mortar and use some bodies to convert crew.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Baneblade

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:14:52 AM »
I am assuming your collection is plastic except the warrior priest and mounted wizard.

You need more infantry. Each unit should ideally be at least 20, if not 30-40. You aren’t going to achieve much with units of 10.
This can be achieved in a few ways, assuming the models are plastic, and you have a little bit of a bits box. Also 42 handgunners is a strange number. Some of these should get converted into infantry.

How did you build your militia? I assume using plastic Free Company kit? Why / how only 10?

Fo you have the leftover bits from the cannon? You may be able to convert / kitbash a mortar and use some bodies to convert crew.

Twas indeed the free company/empire militia box. It came with enough parts to make ten dudes. I plan on kitbashing a state troops box with some leftover bitz I've got laying around. Gonna grab 3 boxes of state troops to beef out the spears, militia and swords then. Honestly, I definitely have enough bits to kitbash some rad new militia models. Plus the powder monkey from the gunners kit that I never really used. That should be fun to make.

And yeah, I'll do that.I do have SOME leftover cannon bits.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:41:28 AM by Baneblade »