home

Author Topic: Empire (RPG) The March  (Read 21490 times)

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2004, 07:57:46 PM »
is it me or does only greenskins die??

Heiglot

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2004, 08:28:16 PM »
Its cos the empire are just too good.. :P  :roll:
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

Offline General-Phil

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »
'As the battle raged the Empire thought they were getting the better of all the greenskins untill...........a massed amount of Goblin wolf rider and Orc Boar Chariots ripped over the fields and ammideielty crashed into the side of Bertrand De Bonsecour and his Militia.'

OOC: Im just trying to get things moving, ive got a wicked piece of story planned for later if ya'all dont mind me usin a bit of my creative skills.
Ooooooooo Yeahhhhhhh! Let the madness meet the mania, and let my Griffon eat your general!

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 09:19:31 PM »
Gunther looked up in dispair as he saw the enourmous amounts of chariots racing in the unit of militia that had just supported his unit against the goblin tide. He ordered the unit to wheel and while the clumsy unit around him turned to face the chraiots, he ordered the free company detachment to protect the flank of the halberdiers while they attacked the chariots. Then the unit was in a position to charge the chariots, but spotting the halberdiers facing them, some goblin chariots broke off from the main body and rode into the halberdiers. Swinging his halberd high above his head, Gunther screamed on the top of his lungs: Sigmar, may thou holy wrath strike with this weapon and cleanse these beautiful lands with thou righteous power!
Then the chariots inpacted. The valiant halberdiers tried to hold back the tide, but were fighting a losing battle. The chariots rode as a whirlwind of destruction through the halberdiers and they cut them down with dozens at a time. In the middle of the unit, a chariot with the largest goblin Gunther had ever seen drove towards him. The red eyes of the goblin glimmered with glee as he saw the lonely human stand before him.
As the chariot reached him, Gunther stabbed his halberd into the frame between the two slavering wolves that pulled the chariot and using the speed of the chariot, launched himself upon the goblin chieftain. Unfortunatly, the halberd's shaft broke in two during the manouvre and Gunther flew unarmed towards the goblin. The goblins look of shock changed into one of glee as he held his spear up high and scewered the brave halberdier sergeant...

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2004, 09:35:22 PM »
Looking around on the battlefield, Tor decides to rush forward. In the middle of the whole combat Tor gets struck by an goblin arrow, hitting the lower part of his heart. He makes a last stand and sticks his standard in the ground, where everyone could see it. His last words were: "May Sigmar greet me as a friend, for my duties, for my honour and for the EMPIRE!!!" Tor slowly falls down by his standard, his left hand holding the battle standard tight.

Heiglot- just thought we needed something else from what everyone else has written. :)

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 09:46:04 PM »
As Lethair tries to find Count William in the thick of the fighting, he sees the brave youth Tor running into the combat and being struck down by an arrow. The soldiers around the young boy first look shaken by his sudden death, but then take up courage again after he plants the standard into the ground.

Seeing that the combat in the middle of the field is still a draw, Rathis taps into the reserves of the Grey Wand and casts another illusion, this time upon the greatwords accompanying William. When the final words of the incantation roll from his mouth, the unit suddenly transforms into a mass of fearsome creatures of shadow...

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 10:51:59 PM »
After having the illusion cast upon them.. The Greatswords charge a unit of savage orcs, the orcs were foamin from the mouth.. The drummer of the GS play a merry sound..Otto to tired to use his greatsword, changed to his handweapon stabbing it in the eye of their standard bearer..
As he does this.. A savage orc hits him, blood spraying over his face, he slowly falls down muttering"dam those or..." that it the last time he spoke
As the men saw their leader had fallen... Mark the next in command screams.."make them Pay, for Sigmar"

After the battle with the orcs.. The greatswords were down to a third of their men.. But these men were the best and decided to keep fighting...
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 10:58:25 PM »
calvin works on fixing the cannon while the others get ready for the next shot
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2004, 08:06:17 AM »
Quote from: WARRIOR2006

1/6 of the boar boy's brake from the group charging head on at the pistoliers either flee and try and flank them or be outnumbered atleast 3 to one!

Konrad quickly turns his horse to the left of the boar riders

Flanking maueuvre! Fusillade them in the side!

The pistoliers ride quickly towards the left flank of the advancing boar riders, but only about half make it, the other half gets smashed into the advancing horde, fusillading like hell.

Supporting fire!

The pistoliers who made it to the flank open fire and drop several boar riders, but the sheer momentum grinds down the remaining pistoliers. The courage of the pistoliers who made it, seeing their comrades brutally trampled, begins to falter. The less manouverable boar rider horde continues to plow forwards. Discarding his used pistols, Konrad shouts to his men:

We're at their rear! Brace yourselves! Prepare to strike!

OOC: IMO from now on, to make sure we won't just all win all day, I suggest we just post our acts and let WARRIOR2006 judge their outcomes.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2004, 08:17:14 AM »
The Greatswords unit has copped a charge from a unit of Wolf Riders...

Swords down to the last 5 men....

Needs Help..! :evil:
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Malkav

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2004, 08:24:20 AM »
(couldnt post for past 5 days, didnt even know the thread had started)

Bertrand, having lost more then half of his militia covering the GS, falls to one knee, blood streaming from a dozen wounds, Smifult, his closest friend moves up to him "me lord, ere ye allright". Bertrand just looks u pand smiles, then stands back up and yells out to his men...

"Allright you panzies, relaod your pistols, we aint done yet!!!!"
And to this his unit hurries to reload, the he brings em closer to the GS, seeing that they too had lost a good lot of men in the fight.

Valiantly, the rag tag militia regains its composure..........
What does not kill us.... just hurts like a bitch!!!!

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2004, 08:53:30 AM »
OCC: sorry guys i just found out about this

after fighting many of the weak goblins,
ulric and his knights decide to make a glorious charge towards
the embattled greatswords,
and manage to scare many of them away with their presence but some still are left and he launches himself into the fray with a bone-chilling cry of "ULLLLLRRRIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and as they fight the goblins they see some marauding giants move near
the pistoliers and so see charge!!!!!! at them once Ulric has a moment
with the commander of the pistoliers and says that he would make a fine Ulrician......
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2004, 12:44:46 PM »
OOC: It think that it would be a good idea indeed to let warrior2006 determine the outcome of our actions (we seem to be winning an unwinnable battle  :wink: )

As the valiant halberdiers see their sergeant being scewered by the goblin chieftain, they lose the last remains of courage that they had and run for their lives. The goblin chariots, however, don't give them even a chance to get away and the entire regiment is run down by the goblins...

OOC: Alright, I just lost the one unit I wasn't supposed to control  :wink:

Offline General-Phil

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2004, 04:46:08 PM »
OCC> yeah i agree.

'Phil's unit was in trouble, the knights were getting hailed with an abuse of arrows and were falling rapidly. By now they had lost control and were panicking all over....with the exception of Phil. Fighting off the hordes of goblins and orcs on his own one by one. Then suddenly an arrow struck Phil in his back, another in his left shoulder.........yet they had no effect.....the orcs stopped amazed by this and the Knights grew aaware of this fact aswell. Then a thick misty fog surrounded Phil and before anyone could move the next thing they knew a firesome BLOODTHIRSTER was heaving where Phil once stood! Wielding a humungous Ax of Khorne and the deadly Whip aswell, he wiped out of all the knights and Greenskins in a blitz of anger!

Phil/Bloodthirster>'WHOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! BLERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Feel my pain!!!!!!!!

'The mutilated corpse/body of the bloodthirster then made a beline for the Empire general'

OOC> If this is to ridiculous i will delete it.
Ooooooooo Yeahhhhhhh! Let the madness meet the mania, and let my Griffon eat your general!

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2004, 05:04:14 PM »
i made my guy die in the middle of the whole thing so dont blame me for unbalanced fluff :)

Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2004, 05:04:39 PM »
OOC: this is indeed ridiculous  :? How can someone be possessed by a greater deamon if he's not even a follower of that god? If everyone could be possessed at will by a deamon, wouldn't chaos have taken over the world already?

Offline General-Phil

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2004, 10:20:50 PM »
OOC> Indeed it may be, but this thread was dead before it even started so why not go out in a bang.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2004, 01:26:08 AM »
bam cavin's cannon kills the greater-deamon-of-phil in a single shot.

(occ: perhaps we should just ignore the stuff from the deamon part onwards and make it a bit more belivable :wink:
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2004, 04:59:15 AM »
The doomed Greatswords lose another four men.. Only down to the Banner Bearer.. He waves his banner for the last time. tossing it aside undoing the strap of his greatsword. weildin it .. He charges a rather large orc on a boar.. The Orc looks down at him. And attacks.....

The bearer is dead.. His head rolling off his shoulders...
The last man of the Greatswords has falling.. As do the hopes of the Halberdier detachments.. They run... Fearing there lives and righty so..
Empire had doubted the Orcs attack.. And it had terrible effects... Hundreds of Men had fallen....

Could anything turn the tide of the Greenskins???

May Sigmar help us...

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2004, 11:05:31 AM »
The boar rider segment that broke off to chase the pistoliers, being unable to change or turn the charge, approach the right flank of the Empire infantrymen. Konrad pulls yet another brace of pistols and starts pursuing the boar rider segment to strike them in the rear.

For Sigmar and the Empire!

The wavering pistoliers, impressed by the courage of their leader, scramble to brace themselves with a new brace of pistols and follow their leader into a relentless charge. The boar riders slam into the flank of a group of swordsmen fighting off the goblin horde, and the swordsmen formation gets shattered.

FIRE!!!

The pistoliers once again empty their pistols into the backs of the boar riders, dropping most of them dead, while the boars continue to rampage around, trampling swordsmen and goblins alike. The champion of the boar riders comes towards Konrad, who stretches his hand to pull another pistol from the side of his horse, only to discover that he has expended all his pistols. The spear hits home and fells Konrad's horse, throwing him off among the Empire soldiers, where a swordsman valiantly but involuntarily gives his life to ease Konrad's fall.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2004, 03:03:30 PM »
Lethair, seeing that his illusion did not have the desired effect upon the greatswords, ends the spell with a flick off his hand. Then suddenly he sees the goblin warmachines on the edge of the forest, shooting down scores of empire soldiers with every volley. Looking around him, Lethair tries to convey this information, he sees that the whole of the imperial army is engaged in brutal combat with the orcs. Having got no other option than to sort out the problem himself, he conjures up another shadow steed and tells Logan to ride it towards the warmachines.

As Logan mounted the shadowy steed, he felt a slight unease in his stomach. Even though he had always trusted the way how Lethair's magic worked, he still was unconfortable with the thought of flying over the entire battlefield towards these foul goblins. Then suddenly the steed began to move and before Logan could react, he was already high above the battlefield soaring towards the warmachines...

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2004, 05:11:29 PM »
Coldur and his valient knights, still in the middle of the goblin horde, were fighting like daemons, slaying foul goblin after foul goblin, with only minor injuries, knight unit had hacked straight through the unit. For every goblin that was slain another two took its place. By now they had slain scores of the vile creatures and had started to form a mound of corpses, creating a ring around them, so high they could hardly see over the top. Those still with lances held them high and stabbed blindly over the pile. Those goblins that showed their head above the crest of the ring to see what terrible monster was slaying their brethren, was greeted with the sharp, steel edge of swords already dripping with the purile green blood. Coldur was forced to make a very dificult decision. Whether to risk leading his platoon over the heap and risk the possible slaughter of all his comrades or to wait out the battle here.
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »
Logan soared through the air on the steed that Lethair had conjured for him towards the battery of goblin warmachines. The distance was quickly closing and Logan could already distinguish the different goblin crewmen when the mount suddenly began its landing towards the goblins...

Meanwhile, Lethair was squinting to see the small black spot that consisted of his friend Logan and the shadow steed he had summoned. As they neared the warmachines, Lethair made the steed initiate its landing...

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2004, 09:53:25 PM »
OCC: if u die here men you will come back in the army of middenheim ok!  Just for you who have valiantly given your lives but next time ill post how!  Phil please dont ever do that again!

William looks in agaony as his valiant greatswords are killed to the man he lookes back at the Empire line seming volnerable he catches sight of a Goblin out of the corner of his eye is picks up the dropped battle standard and runs back into the green skin ranks!  William screams in defiance chasing the goblin through the orc horde slaying as he goes along.  He catches the goblin bringing his sword heavily upon its head it tosses the flag up in a last try to escape with it but William catches it he wheels to head abck towards the Empire line!  To his dismay the path is blocked as is anywhere around him with big black orcs!  The remaining Empire unit leaders see the lone Warrior fighting in the green mass slaying giant orcs right and left it goes on for many minutes.  William knowing he will not make it back to the line throws the flag back to Leithur like a spear souring through the air.  William starts charging towards the empire lines slaying many dropping his 30th black orc William thinks he is going to make it his hopes are shattered as is his body when a giant throws a rock from the edge of the woods crushing the unfortunate Elector Count!  He falls to the ground Orcs closing in on him from all directions but he doesn't hear them or see them or hear the horns for he drops into darkness!  Great horns are heard as the Middenhiem contigent storms over a hill behind the empire line crushing the Boar boys into dust!

Charles the elector of Middenheim looks around the Empire line in tatters he yells a cry to sigmar and charges down to help the soldiers of Ostland!

OCC: If you have died you are now in the middenhiem army if you want change your name but you may keep it the same reinforcments have arrived I am now the EC of Middenheim :) and let me sim challenges with enemy heroes!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2004, 02:35:18 AM »
OCC=out of character: look in new rpg thread for notes!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364