home

Author Topic: Helblaster and champions  (Read 3353 times)

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« on: June 15, 2003, 01:58:31 PM »
Well I scored 20 wounds on a regiment of 16 models, with a helblaster, and the guy with which i was playing said that the champion isn't removed... he said that champions count as characters and bla bla bla... I think that it's not true?

Offline Albrecht von Hinkel

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 03:44:18 PM »
He is removed like normal rank and file.

But you cannot attack him in close combat unless you specify that you'll attack him (just like a character)

Offline IH8Skaven

• Members
Re: Helblaster and champions
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 08:43:26 PM »
Quote from: intrepidjohnny
Well I scored 20 wounds on a regiment of 16 models, with a helblaster, and the guy with which i was playing said that the champion isn't removed... he said that champions count as characters and bla bla bla... I think that it's not true?

Let me ask you this Johnny, was him claiming the champion lives after he had a tantrum for 2-3 minutes about how the hellblaster is cheesy, the Empire are too good, they get everything, blahblahblah?   :lol:  That's what I usully hear when I vaporize a unit.  

Of course, I was whining up a storm last night to my skaven opponent when he cleaned up my DE's with skaven magic.   :wink: It would've been a massacre had not his Grey Seer took a dirt-nap at the end of the game compliments of his Warpstone Talisman!

Offline Boris Todbringer

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 09:49:20 PM »
Would that work the same if a lord or the general was in the unit? I mean, his toughness and AS is better, right?
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 11:11:51 PM »
In the case of a hero or lord being in the unit you would do the following- after rolling to see how many hits you roll each wound individually for the normal rank and file troops. After the normal troops have been destoryed you roll seperate "to wound rolls" on his heros obviously discounting the hits already used to destroy the normal troops.

Usually after i get that many hits on a unit my enemy will pretty much get the idea that their general or hero is gonna die! heh, i love hellblasters.

In the case of champions of units, for example a duelist in a swordsmen unit they are taken off the same as the normal troops. In some cases however champions can use magical items such as high elf champions of sea guard and swordmasters etc. in this case despite them being a normal part of the unit you will have to use the first method as your opposition will get angry at you taking off his champion that he paid precious points for.

i hope that makes sense and that it is any use to you. The moral of your battle being- never give into someone who is having a paddy over a game of Warhammer! heh  :roll:
Citizen Erased

Offline theharangue

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 06:18:04 AM »
When shooting at a unit the controlling player always removes casualties in any order he wants, with the excpetion of targeted weapons I.E. the hochland or the Asp Bow.

So all casualties come come off R&F first.

In the event that a character is in the unit you remove casulties unitl you are down to four rank and file and the character (Technically 1 R&F, the 3 command models and the character because it isn't until this point the character loses the protection of being near 5 of more models of the same base size).  You then would allocate the remaining hits by random rolls as normal.  Hits put on the character would have to roll against his toughenss and armour save.

So you could concievably have twenty wounding hits, kill the character and still have a couple models left in the unit.

-Joseph
"F" is for Fire that burns down the whole town
"U" is for Uranium...Bombs
"N" is for no survivors.

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 12:10:10 PM »
Let me ask you this Johnny, was him claiming the champion lives after he had a tantrum for 2-3 minutes about how the hellblaster is cheesy, the Empire are too good, they get everything, blahblahblah?  That's what I usully hear when I vaporize a unit.

No he did not say this but he always tells me that I shouldn't take the steam tank and that one helblaster is enough... heh :)

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 10:58:41 PM »
oh i got that EACH AND EVERY BLOODY TIME IVE WON VS SOMEONE I KNOW!!! the worst comment, THE worst case of newb syndrome was that when me and a friend linked age of empires and gamed against eachother and he somehow managed to cheat, and so i got pissed of at him and he claimed so hard he was a better tactician than me, so i asked why the he!l i won every (4-5 or so)time i gamed against him with my empire, and he actually replyed:
cuz empire is a better team than orcs and goblins
empire is better?! a team!? wtf!? he repeated it, and i was allmost offended, i wanted to crack his skull into a very pointy and hard rock :x
every time i game vs a another of my friends i get ecsactually(sp? :oops: ) that: hellblaster is cheesy, the Empire are too good, they get everything, blahblahblah...  :?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Kaz

• Members
Helblaster and champions
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 11:40:48 AM »
Quote from: theharangue
In the event that a character is in the unit you remove casulties unitl you are down to four rank and file and the character (Technically 1 R&F, the 3 command models and the character because it isn't until this point the character loses the protection of being near 5 of more models of the same base size).  You then would allocate the remaining hits by random rolls as normal.  Hits put on the character would have to roll against his toughenss and armour save.

Hmmm, i’m pretty sure you are wrong there.

The way it works with a char:

He cannot be hit if there is more than five rank’n’file models, and it’s not a template weapon. Which a helblaster is not.

So you rolls them all to wound, and can kill the whole unit leaving the character alive.

And you are also wrong about the protection, it’s five rank’n’files, that means the command group and two common troopers, then he looses his proctection.
It is better to be silent and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.