home

Author Topic: Ulric Army List  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Pallida Mors

• Members
Ulric Army List
« on: June 20, 2003, 12:40:09 PM »
Well, I think that the list seems pretty intresting, but the lack of detachment is a big weakness. I dont have a copy of WD 280, but having read Randy Atchleys great army review, I have cursed myself that I dont have one! :cry:

What I have heard of the army is that it's just a horde army, but many of the new magic items are both good and fluffy, and Ar-Lectors of Ulric seems pretty cool! But then again Iam a follower of Sigmar in heart and I dont have any unit following Ulric in my army (Knights of the White Wolf is the only unit I CAN add but...), I have to buy that WD soon.

What are your thoughts about the Ulric list? Are there anyone here who accually plays with one? It provides a bit of a odd touch with the loss of gunpowder, probably why I will not start with that army :( , but the army list IS good. Any thought at all?
Pallida mors aequo pulsat pede pauperum tabernas regumque turres.

Offline Micharian

• Members
Minions of the Winter God
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 03:47:29 PM »
Actually, I'm building up a Middenheim Army of my own.  With the new Warrior Priests and Magic Items, there is at least a change of pace.  But, what is an Empire Army without black powder?  I don't know if anyone's read "Hammers of Ulric," but this book just like inspired me to have my army join the Cult of Ulric.  My suggestion is have both types of armies available; have the original, so you can make use of black powder, and if you feel like you have nothing new to paint, not to mention another fortune in the bank, invest in some of the new characters/units from the Ulric Army.  Choose which army you use based on your foe.
Where are the Cheetos?
Can I have a Mountain Dew?
I wanna cast Magic Missile!

-just gotta love 8-bit D&D

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Ulric Army List
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 08:49:12 PM »
I'm starting to work on my army of Middenland.  Got my old Boris figure out and dolled him up some.  I also primed some more White Wolf knights.  

The army is somewhat limited at the 2150 pt level, but wizards, Boris, and the cool WP of Ulric looks like a fun army to play.  Boris better be a killing machine!
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline vitt

• Members
Ulric Army List
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 09:42:16 AM »
Explain me please, Is Cult of Ulric legal armylist for tournament play? Or it is just fun "Famous army" eg Sigmarittes or Nuln artilery? Is it official part of armybook, or just for fun?
Skaven must die