The Campaign Archive > Nemesis Crown Board

Final Week

(1/6) > >>

wissenlander:
The grizzled commander steped atop the giant bolder overlooking a vast contingent of men.  In the backdrop is a scene of carnage and destruction.  Fires emanate throughout the forest, made evident by the massive billowing pillars of smoke.  The grounds are littered with dead and dying of friend and foe.

The old veteran places his hand on the hilt of his sword and smiles down at the group of men that are assembled before him.  They barely notice him as they talk and mingle amongst themselves, happy for a brief respite from battle. 

Looking down at his trumpeter, Ortolf von Brennenburg nodded.  An elegant sound arose from the curled hunting horn that caught the attention of the men present.  A quick cheer erupted but Ortolf quickly raised his hands over his head to silence his men.

Silence abruptly came to this Sigmar forsaken land.  An eery quiet settled in and only the wind was heard as it howled intermittently.

"Men!" The general began.  "This campaign is entering the final hours.  I know you are all tired and frustrated."

There was a low grumble that came from the assembly as a response.

"Yes we have fought hard," he began again, cutting off the men before they could really get fired up.  "We have been outnumbered.  We have not known who to trust for much of this fight!

"But now I come to you as a friend and a comrade, not as your commander.  Look around you, see the chaotic scene!  Will we now accept defeat and whatever fate may bring us?  We will allow those brave men who have bleed and DIED on these fields to have done so in vain?

"Nay, my good fellows.  Nay!

"There will be a time, probably not long from now, when we will be forgotten.  What we have done here will be forgotten.  Do not let this sway you!  What we do here and now is vital to the preservation of our glorious Empire.

"If history should happen, by chance, to record our events, what will it say of us?  Hmm?  Will it speak of how after a struggle the men of the Empire rolled over like whipped dogs!?  Hmm?  Or will it say that despite the odds, through treachery and deceit, we fought like madmen!  We fought with the ferocity of Ulric!  We fought with the courage of Unberogens!  We fought with the strength of SIGMAR!

For the EMPIRE!"

Rufas the Eccentric:
I think this may say it in a more poetic fashion:

Be in their flowing Cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his sonne:
And Saint Sigfried's shall ne're goe by,
From this day to the ending of the World,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Altdorf now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods (and codpieces) cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Sigfried's day.   

Wyzer1:

--- Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric on August 03, 2007, 04:27:57 PM ---I think this may say it in a more poetic fashion:

Be in their flowing Cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his sonne:
And Saint Sigfried's shall ne're goe by,
From this day to the ending of the World,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Altdorf now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods (and codpieces) cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Sigfried's day.   

--- End quote ---
*cough* gay *cough*
Nice anyhow

4 TEH EMPIRE!

Dendo Star:
Rally the men and attack!

Wyzer1:

--- Quote from: Dendo Star on August 03, 2007, 05:31:39 PM ---Rally the men and attack!

--- End quote ---
Rally? What for? My men wouldn't dare flee the battlefield...  :icon_twisted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version