home

Author Topic: Who should I look after more, the General or BSB?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline WoT

Who should I look after more, the General or BSB?
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »
So I'm wondering who to give more protection to, at the moment I have a BSB with enchanted shield, dawnstone and full plate my arch lector only have heavy armour and a shield with the ironcurse icon thrown in. Should I protect the lector more and give him the enchanted shield or should I keep it on the BSB.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Who should I look after more, the General or BSB?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »
A BSB with shield on a barded warhorse has a 1+ AS. Of course, if you put him in an infantry unit, he will not have the benefit of LOS.
Depending on any spare points, there are some other magical items you might use, in particular the Dragonhelm.
If you are really worried, then you need to take a ward save.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline WoT

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
In my 1.5k list atm I've not got any cavalry in it, but I have a 29 strong unit of greatswords and a horde of halberdiers, I tend to put the BSB in the greatswords and the arch-lector in the halberdiers. I'm just not sure who should get the most personal protection the bsb has a 2+ rerollable save the arch lector has 4+ save with the potential of a 5+ ward in combat. I also have a level 4 wizard to who I'm thinking of going with lore of light.

Offline Arfa

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
For me, lectors on foot get the AOMI, but as your list is quite small I dont know if you can squeeze the points. With the rest of the list, if the AL dies the entire army only goes down to Ld8 essentially, keep the BSB with the halberds and then the GS, knights, demi's etc will all still have Ld8. Id say keep the BSB better equipped, he gives hold the line as well as the leadership reroll, and I'd rather reroll a Ld8 roll than have a single Ld9.

Arfa