home

Author Topic: Week 5 Dispatches  (Read 4257 times)

Offline clausewitz

• Members
Week 5 Dispatches
« on: August 01, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
Its always nice when you are proved right. :-D

I (and others to be fair) said before the campaign began that the crown was made of warp stone ergo Karl Franz would realise its evil and not use it.

Quote from: Week 5 NC Dispatches
The warriors of the Empire have found themselves hard pressed over recent days, though now word has spread that the Emperor is with them once more. Having retreated into the woodland depths with Luthor Huss, there to meditate upon the hunt for the Nemesis Crown, Karl Franz has returned, certain in the knowledge that the Crown is an artifact of evil that must be destroyed at all costs. In a rousing speech delivered to ten thousand loyal soldiers, the Emperor described how his mind was made up while deep in prayer beside Huss. Disturbed in their meditations, the Emperor had looked up to see evil glowing eyes regarding him for the dark tree line surrounding the clearing in which the two men knelt. Perceiving attack, the Emperor rose, and before the poised assassin could react, struck the vile creature down with Ghal Maraz. The assassin's body crumpled to the ground, and was revealed to be that of a Skaven. In the creature's hand was a vile-glowing weapon of blasphemous manufacture Looking into the sickly glow, Karl Franz received the revelation, as if from Sigmar himself, that the Nemesis Crown was made of similar stuff, and must not be worn lest calamity befall the Empire. The Emperor now leads his armies in person once more, his warriors fired by his resolve to not only find the Nemesis Crown, but to destroy it, and any who would use its powers to harm the Empire of Man.

Oh...and for any Skaven reading...  :-P :-P
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Week 5 Dispatches
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »
That's good indeed.  Now let me talk to the Dwarfs to find out what they think.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:02 PM »
Booyah!  Take that Skaven goofrats!
I'm in college!

Offline Blood axe the Slayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
Thats good...dead Skaven. Im tired of those Rats sneaking around killing everybody without us being able to strike back....like that Valten incident.

The alliance is still being discussed at the Brewery,there are some insisting that if Dwarves don't place 1st over-all, we cant get the Crown or "win". But there are alot for the alliance,I think we will have the majority if it comes to voting. It might not hurt if a few friendly Empire ambassadors come over and speak though.(and bring ale) :icon_biggrin: It would have to be decided today or tomorrow,at the latest.

The Vampires are the top evil faction with 4th over-all. I'd like to crush them and keep all the good factions at the top.

I'd much rather stand WITH the brave Men of the Empire & Bretonnia then against them.
Cheers to our (hopefully) alliance!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:30:37 PM »
Did we happen to say thank you lately for Ghal Maraz?  :happy:
I'm in college!

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »
Well since Ghal Maraz was a 'thank you' from the Dwarves for Sigmar saving the old king guy, a thank you from us wouldnt be needed.

I feel quite insecure that our Dear Emperor just walks into the woods without his guards... Normal folks wouldnt do that(In fright of being killed by; Beastmen, skaven, orcs&gobbos, necromancers, chaos cultists, wild animals and so on)... especially with the large battles going on.

Also.. I wonder how he could speak to 10,000 soldiers.. he would have to shout pretty loud :-D or maybe the engineers have invented the microphone now? :ph34r:

Anyways, good that our Franzy has finaly realised the danger of the Crown... Thank Sigmar for that.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:11:43 PM »
I've been sympathetic to the rats thus far, but attacking the Emperor is where I draw the line.  My love for dwarves certainly has not returned, but if they're willing to help put the punishment to the rat-kin, I say let's butcher first and argue later. 

Earl Jodas is hereby emptying his ale stores to any dwarven (or heck, any) generals who are in on destroying the rats.  Let the Skaven suffer this year, and let them suffer mightily.

Coincidentally...does anybody have any idea what the rather high-ranked vampires are actually...up to?  I mean, every week "and the vampire host swells by more bodies..." ...but why?  Are they actually after anything?

And for those who care, that's all IC.  OOC, I still love the furry little mice and the dwarves...as long as they're not on the other side of the battlefield.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Blood axe the Slayer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »

Coincidentally...does anybody have any idea what the rather high-ranked vampires are actually...up to?  I mean, every week "and the vampire host swells by more bodies..." ...but why?  Are they actually after anything?

The Vampires need to be knocked down a few pegs. This is hunch, but I think they have something to do with that "unknown force causing terror" mentioned in the latest dispatch.
I think we should unit and have the Vampires be a priority target in battles/fluff. They are the highest ranking evil faction so far,in 4th over-all.

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 02:36:07 AM »
Congrats! For the record, we had expressly written for our reports that the skaven were not to touch the Emperor and Luthor while they were meditating, besides the fact that killing the emperor kinda defeats our own plans. Some fluffwriter in GW needed a plot-point and chose the most obvious but rather silliest one...  :| The emperor surely didn't need a rat leaping out at him to change his mind, he could have done it on his own.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:55:25 AM by scrivener »

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:36:59 AM »
I think the both the Emperor and Luthor are fine walking in the woods unguarded.

They have 4+ Ward Saves after all.  :wink:
I'm in college!

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:05 AM »
And the fact that Luthor Huss will shout at/ excommunicate/ Physically Kill/ Probably eat anything that attacks them.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 04:25:07 AM »
Erm, the safety of the Emperor and Luthor wasn't exactly the point.

...And the fact that being an official GW character is probably better than a ward save... :icon_rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 04:27:28 AM by scrivener »

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 10:07:42 PM »
Sorry to see you have dropped out of the top 3 for the first time Clausewitz, at least you place has been taken by another member of the 4th!

Is it just my computer that says both Vamps and Asur are in 4th, lets hope there is not too much for us to catch up. Just keep doing what we are!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 10:25:28 PM »
It couldn't last forever Veldemere.  Hopefully a couple of games at the weekend might get me back for the last week.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...