home

Author Topic: Multistate Army - (Help Needed to Identify 1985 Goblins)  (Read 41660 times)

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
Re: Multistate Army - (added Knights & Light Wizard)
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »
Would you consider selling any boxes of your static pose halberdiers?  I need 20 more!   :icon_cry:

Used them all, 3 units of 20  :oops: Halfway through painting the last unit  :-P

I thought I had more and if they do turn up I'll happily send them to a new home  :smile2:
My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
Just picked up the Herald and a 1987 Citadel Beggar for a couple of £ from a second hand shop this morning. This makes me happy  :biggriin:

Offline ronnyjodes

• Members
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
WherE abouts is this second hand shop??! You've had some awesome finds in them from from this and the war wagon minis on the previous page

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »
Fantastic work.  The army composition is very similar to my own, which I've been building very sporatically since the mid-90s.
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:40 AM »
The Celestial Wizard (on foot) has a broken staff. The Sextant thing has broken off the top of the staff a long time ago and has been lost.
The Golden Wizard (on foot), the staff has broken off at the wrist and is missing the eagle and has been lost.
So I need bits can that I add to the staffs that resemble what used to be there. Does anyone have any recommendations.

p.s I am useless with greenstuff  :oops:
Hmmm.... the golden wizard can have a banner top? there are a few "eagle" ones(6th Ed.?). The Celestial wiz.(?) an orb of some sort... I know i updated my 6th Ed. metal with the new plastic wizards Celestial head piece.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:17:23 AM by Gorgash Redfang »
Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
WherE abouts is this second hand shop??! You've had some awesome finds in them from from this and the war wagon minis on the previous page

Two different shops, chances of finding any Warhammer stuff in Secondhand shops is low but when it happens it's great  8-)

Fantastic work.  The army composition is very similar to my own, which I've been building very sporatically since the mid-90s.

yeah it's always nice to have a balance between old and new  :-D

Hmmm.... the golden wizard can have a banner top? there are a few "eagle" ones(6th Ed.?). The Celestial wiz.(?) an orb of some sort... I know i updated my 6th Ed. metal with the new plastic wizards head piece.....

I bought the orb thing from the Celestial from a bit store and found the head of the Gold Wizard's staff, it was in my bit box  :::cheers:::

Have been working on a Tilean Crossbow unit of 10, wasn't sure what colours to pick, I had previously had them painted in red and yellow but thought that the colour style similar but not the same as Marksmen Of Miragliano might be more fitting.  Got three left to do and some tidying up and they are done. Then tidy up 5 Knights before moving onto some Individual Characters and the old War Altar  :evil:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:53:47 AM by harv »

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Multistate Army - (added Tilean Crossbowmen)
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
i like those xbow men , well done  :eusa_clap:
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Spjuth

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (added Tilean Crossbowmen)
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
Great models and the colours works very well!
Also love the Herald you acquired previously!

Offline Ivimotorola

• Members
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »

I love your red!! How do you get this colour?? I'd like that red for my army but my red becomes red very light and i want deeper red!

Thanks!

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »

I love your red!! How do you get this colour?? I'd like that red for my army but my red becomes red very light and i want deeper red!

Thanks!

It was a tiny tiny amount of black mixed in with Blood Red (Evil Sunz Scarlet) then quite a lot of watered down Badab Black (Nuln Oil) wash on top.

I was trying for more of a Burgundy colour like in this picture.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251884_99110214002_ColWHMarksmenBoxMain_873x627.jpg

Although I'm sure there's a better way of doing it. Mechrite Red is probably a better colour to start with  :::cheers:::

Offline harv

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added War Altar WIP)
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
Whilst I finish up the Crossbowmen and Knights I thought I would start work on the War Altar

After that I'm going to start on some characters  :::cheers:::

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
respect to your OOP 80's and 90's characters  :::cheers:::
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Maza

• Members
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
I like the multistate approach to armybuilding. A uniformly coloured army is nice, but maybe overrated? I wish I had been more multistate myself, but it's never too late, right?

I also like the nice, clean painting style and good colours.

Offline Ivimotorola

• Members
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »

Thanks!

It was a tiny tiny amount of black mixed in with Blood Red (Evil Sunz Scarlet) then quite a lot of watered down Badab Black (Nuln Oil) wash on top.

I was trying for more of a Burgundy colour like in this picture.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251884_99110214002_ColWHMarksmenBoxMain_873x627.jpg

Although I'm sure there's a better way of doing it. Mechrite Red is probably a better colour to start with  :::cheers:::

Thanks for your anwser friend!!!

Cheers! :smile2:

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has successfully made either an Amber or a Jade (Beasts and Life) wizard from the Battle Wizard set. They don't seem to have anything on the sprues that could be used  :eusa_wall:

Any advice on how (and what I could use) to convert the Wizards in the Battle Wizard set into both an Amber and a Jade wizard would be most welcome  :::cheers:::

Offline Spjuth

• Members
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:32 PM »
I think there is an Amber Wizard based on the plastic box, pictured in the main rule book. With some With Lion pieces used as well...

Found a crappy picture in the cyber space:

They (GW) made one for Jade as well, but I didn't find a picture of the whole model at the moment
Here is a fraction, using soem Wood Elves bits:

And another one is visible in our own forum at Stronghold Terrain's wonderful plog.
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=41347.0

Hope that can give you some inspiration.

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »
Nice, that's given me some great inspiration. I will keep on the lookout for woodelf bits, or might end up using some greenstuff  :::cheers:::

Just finishing my War Altar and have finished a Grey Wizard and Amethyst wizard. I have some ideas for custom wound/cannon markers so will probably bash something up in the next few days then post a bunch of pictures of what's been completed  :biggriin:

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 01:03:11 PM »
Grey Order Wizard - 'Norlamin'

It's been a while but I finished up a few characters. First up is a wizard from the Grey Order called Norlamin. It is the wizard miniature from Warhammer Quest and I think they also used it in the new Talisman. For some reason I have two of them and I don't remember getting two in my WQ box set so no idea where my second miniature came from  ::heretic::

Offline harv

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added Grey Order Wizard)
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
Amethyst Order Wizard - 'Davtumal Trannyth'

Next up is a wizard from the Amethyst Order called Davtumal Trannyth. It's one of the 4th Ed wizards and was one of the first wizards of my original army. However over the years his scythe broke off and has been lost so I had to repair it using one of the scythes from the flagellant set. I thought about using the scythe from the battle wizard set but it looked too ornate and didn't go with the older look of the mini. Not quite as good as the original scythe and it's a bit messy around his hand but it looks ok  :-)

Offline harv

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added Grey & Amethyst Order Wizards)
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
War Altar & Grand Theogonist

Finished my 4th ed War Altar, annoyingly I have lost the tail to the griffon statue and lost one of the banner poles. Not sure what I'll do about the griffon tail, I guess I'll have to wait for the new one to appear on ebay/bits shops but that could be a long time  :| As for the banner pole I made a replacement out of random bits from the Knights box set. Also haven't quite thought of what banners I could add, I might add small streamers instead of huge banners as I always thought the original banners were overkill.

I have kept the Grand Theogonist removable and I just need to make a separate base for him should he ever need it  :-)

Kurt Helborg

The 4th ed version of Kurt Helborg. I thought he looked a bit too static in comparison to the new Kurt Helborg so decided to put him on the horse from the General Kit.  :::cheers:::

Offline harv

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added Wizards, War Altar & Kurt Helborg)
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
Bright Order Wizard

One of my painting challenges for Dec/Jan already complete  :::cheers:::

4th Ed Bright Wizard. Another one of my Wizards whose staff was broken so I repaired it using a staff piece from the new Battle Wizard set. Again not quite as good as the original but he looks ok and it's nice to save a miniature  :::cheers:::

Next up is to complete my Kislev Horse Archers which are almost done now, need tidying up and bases finishing. Also have 10 Archers to finish and have just started on a Master Engineer

Also I took part in some good battles this month, here are my Knights in a defensive action with some Dwarf Allies at my local GW

Offline harv

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added Wizards, War Altar & Kurt Helborg)
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
Thought I would take an overall photo of what I've completed and what is left to complete in the new year  :::cheers:::

On the to do list is

20 Flagellants (mix of current, 4th Ed and Mordheim minis)
20 Archers (Mix of 4th Ed and Converted Battle Masters minis)
Celestial Wizard (4th Ed)
2 Gold Order Wizards (One a 4th Ed and one the Alchemist mini)
Amber Wizard (Current one not pictured)
Markus Wulfhart (Not pictured)
Warrior Priest (Warhammer Quest mini)
Elector Count of Hochland
Supreme Patriarch (4th Ed on a horse)
Captain on a Pegasus
Luminark of Hysh (intend to make it interchangeable)
Helblaster (intend to make it interchangeable)
Master Engineer
20 Knights of the White Wolf (Not Pictured)
20 Militia (Mix of various minis)
20 Halberdiers
20 Halberdiers I intend to bump into my Altdorf unit I've already painted
Great Cannon (Needs a base)
Two of the new Battle Wizards but was thinking of using them in the Luminark/Hurricanum interchange
Karl Franz (The 4th Ed version but I don't have a Griffon anymore. So I was thinking about getting the Island of Blood one, don't like the new one)

Sometime early next year I want to pick up a couple of Greatsword sets, I quite like the new ones, some Handgunners and maybe more archers to make a special Huntsman unit for Markus Wulfhart  :::cheers:::

Offline Hoodling

• Members
Re: Multistate Army - (Added Overall Army and to Do list photos)
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 11:18:54 PM »
Looking good. You should add that shot to the "show us your army in a single photo" thread.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=40666.msg658641#msg658641

Offline Maza

• Members
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
That's a fine looking army!

Offline harv

• Members
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Thanks   :-D

Next up are some archers and horse archers which are part of my painting challenge for jan  :::cheers:::

Talabecland Archers

These are 10 Archers which are a mix of 4th Ed Archers, Battle Masters Archers and a single 5th Ed Bretonnian Archer. I'm not a fan of the Battle Masters minis but had a few Archers lying around and needed to bump up the archer unit so I chopped their heads off and replaced them with heads from the old crossbowmen regiment boxset. There are also four 4th Ed metal archers and an old Bretonnian Archer which I also shaved down some of the Bretonnian detail on and changed the head as well. Not the prettiest unit you'll ever see but I won't be using it much  :lol:

PICTURES

Kislev Horse Archers

These were part of my first army and I never really got around to using them. Tried to sell them a few times on ebay with no luck so thought I might as well paint them up and use them using the outrider rules or something.

I also have  Suliman le Saracen who is in need of some serious love in order to restore him to his former glory. Someone gave him to me without a head and I didn't know what mini it was until recently. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could use him as and what head I could use, something that's fairly easy to find via bits store/ebay.

Lastly I finished my beer label collage for last year  :::cheers:::  :-D  :::cheers:::