home

Author Topic: Show us your landsknechts  (Read 12515 times)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
Show us your landsknechts
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:51:42 AM »
I'have been lately pondering upon the idea to include some pikemen and greatswords from other companies - not GW as substitutes in my empire army. There are some companies that make nice figs,  but it's hard to get decent pictures of them painted, and so it's difficult to make a narrow choice.
So I'm asking here, if you have them painted (and I know some of you do), post some nice and decent pictures of them here and we can have a nice gallery of landsknechts and other mercenaries.

If possible please include pics of them standing side by side with GW state troops or even better metal Dogs of war, so we can cast a final judgment on how they  blend into a standard Empire army.

Troop types: pikemen, halberdiers, gunmen, greatswords( especially the Gamezone ones), swordsmen.

We are preferably looking for the whole units of them, but also individual figs or sets, that blend nicely in an Empire or mercenary army theme are welcome (Brother Vinni and Pro gloria).

They don't need to be exclusively landsknechts, any mercenary type a la Dogs of war is welcome( Estalians).

Some of the most reknown companies: Artizan, Pro gloria, Gamezone, Brother Vinni, Lead adventure miniatures, to name those of the highest quality.
If you think this thread should be extended to a wider scope, let me know then.

Price list:http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=47276.msg845791#msg845791
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:47:07 PM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Show us your landsknechts
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:14:15 AM »
Some of this is a bit of duplication from the comparisons thread, but here's some of mine...

Mix of Foundry & Artizan:

Old Glory:

Mix:

In the above pic, the Old Glory landsknecht is obviously from their landsknecht range. The one on the right is a Flemish pikeman from the Wars of the Roses range (though it looks earlier to me - more like Hundred Years War era....) The Front Rank figures are from their Wars of the Roses range.

The Zvezda figures are no longer available. Front Rank is a Wars of the Roses figure, Black Tree is a Hundred Years War figure.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
This is very informative, Zero23,  :::cheers:::
I'm aware this thread might duplicate the comparison thread, but in order to decide which company's minis fit the best in Empire army, we really need good pictures of the painted figs. Only well painted figure and a decent picture can tell me if the fig is worth anything. And judging from your pics they all look equally very  good, though some of them are a bit smallish. Cosidering gunmen the Artizan one fits perfectly.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »
LAM Miniatures

Pro Gloria Miniatures:

Pro Gloria Miniatures - Lead Adventure Miniatures - Old GW:

Ral Partha Europe from the Die Schwarze Auge/Armalion range:

Offline Blue in vt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
Here are a couple of LAM halberds I painted...sorry no comparison with GW though ...wonderful figures BTW

These aren't painted but here is a mixed unit of LAM hand gunners and the classic late 3rd ed GW handgunners

BTW the pro gloria Pikemen are on my short list!  Love the looks of them!

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting and Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
Here is a small part of my stuff. Not so pleased with the pic quality, but if youŽre interested I could bring more; handgunners as well as gamezone halberds.

The regiment "Adler Geel".

left to right: Pro gloria, Foundry, Artizan

left to right: Lead Adventures, Foundry, Artizan

left to right: Dragonblood, Pro Gloria, Lead Adventures

left to right: Artizan, Foundry, Lead Adventures

Offline cjp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
My ProGloria figs:

I'm making all my swordsmen units out of
Foundry Rodoleros:

and  Assault Group Rodoleros:

All the rest of my similar styled things are still WIP. Building my halberd units out of Artizan landshknects. 

Offline cjp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »
The only comparison I have is between other companies, not GW.

This batch is: Assault Group, Foundry, Victoria Miniatures.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
Really good pics, guys. Keep them coming.

Here is a small part of my stuff. Not so pleased with the pic quality, but if youŽre interested I could bring more; handgunners as well as gamezone halberds.

Your comparison pics are very helpfull and I would certainly like to see more of them. I seems that in term of size Artizan are a bit bigger than Pro gloria and therefore more suitable, but both companies make nice figs. That dragonblood character is awesome,  :::cheers:::

Does anyone have Crusader  or Front rank minis painted and photographed and ready to show? The Front rank could work well as a foot knights substitutes.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »
God, those Lead Adventures figures are beautiful...

As requested, Front Rank & Crusader. One Crusader figure in the front, the rest are FR. One FR figure in the back, the rest are Crusader:

I think these are almost entirely the Crusader cavalry, except one or two in the back are FR:

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »
Some more. I guess the orcs are of limited interest, so IŽll try to limit shots of them. But they are incredibly landsknechty!

A mix of Foundry, Artizan, GW, Pro gloria, Lead adventures and others.

Some Warrior Priests (LA, Gamezone) trying to reason with a GW free company.

Some Gamezone Musketeers and a GW halberdier for scale.

Artillery crew. Two GW chaps flanking a LA mini.

Pirazzo, Gamezone, Artizan!

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:35:28 PM »
Good pics.  :::cheers::: Gamezone figs are nice, too bad they are so expensive. Artizan figs look really good, just the perfect scale and proportions. If I haven't seen all these minis painted like this, I would never guess. Thanks for showing, guys. Keep them coming.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:24 PM »
I have 50 Artizan figs painted. They are really good but alas I am a simpleton and have no idea how to post pictures on here.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »
I have 50 Artizan figs painted. They are really good but alas I am a simpleton and have no idea how to post pictures on here.

Here you go: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=17613.0