home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 96386 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »
"Have no fear Icarus, the Seven are merely seers that can only see three days ahead at a time, the worst they could do too you is tell you what your breakfast is going to be for the next few days"

Hasarian lights up a cigar and takes a pull

He blows blue-grey smoke in too the air

"Sides which, their minders will dispense with them should things get out of hand" he looks at the clock on the wall "Anywho I doubt those minders will even let us enter the same room as the Witches, we'll most likely be watching through psy-protective glass"

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:45:56 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
"In that case I do feel a bit... safer." Icarus sips a small ammount of Amasec. "By the Throne! This stuff tastes like Grox piss!" He winces under his rebreather. "What's the time table for that meeting anyway?"
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 01:48:48 PM »
"With the Seven? No clue, sometimes it can be long, short, even days, though I doubt that it will be that long this time around"

He pauses

"If you are asking about the dinner I don't think it will be more than 4 hours long"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:52:24 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:11 PM »
Jace had remained silent for a bit, taking in the information offered by his employer. 'So in short, we are planning to attend a gathering hosted by a decadent tech-addict, with a guest list consisting of slavers, traitors and unsanctioned psykers. In a station where several organizations have a grudge against you, personally, at least one of which is actively watching us as we speak.'

The navigator sighs, setting aside his amasec untouched at Icarus' assessment of the beverage. 'Honestly captain, I fail to see what you intend to achieve by attending this dinner party. The rambling nonsense of soothsaying witches? Pfah!'

He sighs, taking a moment to regain his composure. 'I am sorry, captain. Ultimately the decision is yours, and I will defer to your greater expertise in spotting opportunities for business. But I do feel compelled to point out that perhaps the wisest course of action would be to leave this place, before the Inquisition comes to purge this den of renegades.'

Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 03:37:01 PM »
Hasarian smiles

"I doubt we need to worry Echo. There are enough Inquisitors here on Footfall already!"

He glances about

"As for our watcher... shes a xenos"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »
"Better and better." Desmond adds at the mention the newest revelation. "Least you seem pretty knowledgeable about whats going on, my heads already spinning. What good are these psykers if they can only give us three day's notice?" He pauses and considers the Xeno watcher, slavers and psykers suddenly in the picture. "Although if it really was valuable information... that would explain the large rush. Everyone and their uncle will be trying to get in on it."

Desmond leans forward a bit and sips the foul liquid. "Are you expecting a talk with this xeno or should we be prepared for something more... bang bang like?"

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »
"Don't know" Hasarian  says "If she has a wish to attack she would have done it by now. I rarely have contact with her kind, the Eldar. They don't leave their Craftworlds often, least of all to travel to Footfall of all places."

He sips his amasec

"Damn, if only she would let down that hood I would be able to tell what Craftwold shes from..."

Suddenly the Eldar get up and leaves the bar.

"No!" Hasarian snaps under his breath "Don't follower her, if shes left that means she could have found a new target. That could work to our advantage"

He stands up

"Sides which we should head for the transport hub. We have burned enough time, it will take us at least a few hours to get a station shuttle booked."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:53:32 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 08:45:15 AM »
"What if she's gonna snitch about us to her mates?" - asks Bane. "I don't fancy them pointy eared bastards making an ambush and taking us by surprise." - he adds, while slowly putting the safety on and holstering his pistol. "The hub would be a perfect place to attack a group of high value targets. I say we keep our wits sharp and our trigger fingers ready" - he adds with a light rasp.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:03:38 PM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
Jace says nothing, but visibly clenches his jaw at the mention of the Eldar.

[OoC: Psyniscience checks to track the Eldar. After all, Eldar are all psychic, right?]
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »
@DS- Psyn check: 16!

You can feel that shes going in the opposite way. You can tell she has a new target in mind. No other eldar are near by. Obviously just an advanced scout.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »
'The witch-xenos has picked up a new scent, it seems. And it hunts alone. A perfect opportunity to cleanse the galaxy of its presence, I might add. And to no doubt ingratiate ourselves to its next target.' He eyes the captain, then his fellow crewmen before shrugging casually. 'For whoever was so inclined, of course.'
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:03:21 PM by Demonslayer »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 08:35:25 PM »
"Could have valuables worth salvaging." Desmond adds rubbing his chin. "Although I'm not so sure killing should always be step one. Could be worth a talk... or interrogation... to find out what their after. Or what they know."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
"While both good suggestions gentlemen, I fear we may be tied up for the near future" Hasarian says as he points forward

From the crowd emerge nine, grey clad fellows. Their double-breasted uniform coats are covered in ink stains, the dirty epaulettes on their coats scream dog tiered workers. .

They approach

"Greetings Captain" says their leader, a slight bald headed fellow "We are officers of The Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis, here on Footfall. May we Have a word?"

Player Prompt: You Have four options-  You may shoo them away, look them over, try to recall the AO or play along
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:16:23 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »
Desmond will try and recall the AOI. He's sure during his time as seneschal he would have come across such an 'illustrious' organisation.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 08:17:29 AM »
Jace stares absently at the nearest wall, his mind still occupied with the Eldar. He does not acknowledge the newcomers- dealing with Imperial officials was a task for Desmond or the captain, after all.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 10:44:03 AM »
Icarus lazily places his hands on his Bolt pistols' grips and looks them over. If it comes to violence he will be prepared.

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »
@Gankom: CL Imperium roll-17Pass

You recall that Footfall has no branch of the Administratum called the AO. You also recall that Asministratum flunkies where black robes, not uniforms.

Player Prompt: How do you want to play it Gankom?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:16:37 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 12:27:20 AM »
Desmond takes a half step forward and gives the men his most appraising stare.

"Oh really? I have not heard of such an... organisation. Nor do I recognize your uniform in anyway." he states calmly. Then he turns and motions toward the Captain. "Do you know who this is? Lord Hasarian is a very busy, and a very important man. He does not have time to deal with every minor port side group claiming authority. If you have something important, or better yet helpful, to say, say it. Otherwise we have places to be and people to say."

Desmond will do his best to look important and confident.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »
The bald man raises an eyebrow

"Yes I know who he is" he replies "That's why we are talking to him"

You notice a few of the men behind him shuffle about. Most likely to get better firing angles for the compact pistols they no doubt carry. However they appear rather nervous.

All except their bald leader who is staring you right in the eye

"As for our uniforms, we are member of the security team for AO" he says "After all, accidents can happen, Footfall is not a safe place"

He smiles

"We make sure that doesn't happen" The bald man says

An obvious lie...   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:16:51 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 05:06:39 AM »
"Yes it would be just terrible for an... accident to occur." Desmond responds raising an eyebrow. "However I'm sure you can see that my lords retinue is well equipped to deal with such accidents." He makes sure to motion towards Bane in particular. "Deal with them very thoroughly indeed. Your 'security' team shouldn't trouble themselves with us, that would be most unwise."

(I don't know the system great still, I'm trying to do something like an intimate or diplomacy check.)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »
Bane is standing straight, his chin raised a bit as he looks coldly into the officer's eyes. "We have places to be. I'm sure that if you'll send us a message, our master will find the time to answer all your questions and needs... eventually."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 10:55:37 PM »
The bald man looks Bane up and down wil a master combatants eye

"Yes" he says "I suppose you do have places to be don't you?"

He waves his men off

"We'll be in touch Master Hasarian" he says

As he and his men walk away Hasarian raises an eyebrow

"Well it seems that the protection business is still alive and well on Footfall" he remarks... 

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 11:12:58 PM »
"It's always nice to meet the locals." Desmond adds with a grin. "Now I guess we're off to a far more politically subtle danger eh?"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 11:24:10 AM »
"Are the hicks around here always so unsufferable? I was this close to feed that man his own, dumb smirk" Icarus grumbles behind his mask. "Can we please just go to that blasted meeting? I'm affraid that if we'd met any more "tough" guys, I'm going to seriously snap."

[OOC: Look behind our backs from time to time, to see if they're not following us.]

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 03:04:16 AM »
Hasarian smiles

"I'm sure the machine spirits of your let and right bolt pistols would enjoy you cutting loose Icarus, however I don't think that we will be bothered for now"

He gestures ahead of you

"Transport hub is this way" he says "Let's make our way there, there are a few shops on the way so we can browse as we walk"

With that you set off...